New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

The Quest Pro by Strod
[October 13, 2022, 01:16:51 pm]

No Man's Sky Beyond VR by Tbone
[September 24, 2022, 04:47:52 pm]

Author Topic: Phishing...  (Read 851 times)

Offline Styan

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • http://www.sullycentral.net
Phishing...
« on: August 28, 2005, 03:26:07 pm »
This is probably not new, but I wanted to bring it up.  Other factions have begun phishing for zion.  By this I mean they have their faction members create lowbie characters,  and start asking higher level zion guys for help.

Kayossss2 the lvl 10 no faction, no org, this afternoon found me and was asking me to mission with him I told him I was only going to be on for 5 mins cause I was getting ready to goto a concert.

He continued to have no patience and all of a suden wanted me to code some abilities for him.  I told him to meet me at Magog W (which when i left had lots of zion)  he claimed not having magog w, and said mara w... i agreed, he continued to ask about getting into the faction and where all of the guys wearing white were.  I told him to goto followtheangel.org...

After telling him our site, Vekai (sp?) of the JoKeRz appeared out of no where an began hacking me ... luckly my jump got me far enough to be attacked... and I was out of there.  

Kayossss2 began talking to Vekai saying you fucker i was trying to get help... etc etc... but i don't buy it... i left with a pm to him...

Yes I was baited but they didn't catch me.

Anonymous

Phishing...
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2005, 03:36:02 pm »
Things seem to be getting stupid lately don't they.  I ran into a lvl 50 from Illuminati today and didn't get attacked, which I also consider weird.  Still, it's nice to be popular?

Offline Bellthazor

• Angelic Fury
    • View Profile
Phishing...
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2005, 06:25:54 pm »
This is just a suggestion, but I think we are going to have to really look at each potential alittle harder than what we have, and as far as access to the site and other info (Broins/Lithium lvl method). Give very little access. Maybe also giving out secret meeting areas (fake onces) and giving out the info. to the new recruit and see if there are any problems as far as getting ganked or reds listening in the area.

Offline Lithium

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://followtheangel.org
Phishing...
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2005, 09:35:25 pm »
Quote from: "Bellthazor"
This is just a suggestion, but I think we are going to have to really look at each potential alittle harder than what we have, and as far as access to the site and other info (Broins/Lithium lvl method). Give very little access. Maybe also giving out secret meeting areas (fake onces) and giving out the info. to the new recruit and see if there are any problems as far as getting ganked or reds listening in the area.

I don't think we need to go to such high extremes but we already limit what we tell new members.

For one thing, the lvl up strategy has been told to only 2 people outside me and broin.

Anyway FA has always been pretty good with finding spys and usually they go home with very little ot no info at all about our best kept secrets.

The best thing everyone can do is keep an eye open for suspicious behavior and report it to a staff member.

Don't believe everything you think.

Anonymous

Phishing...
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2005, 05:31:02 pm »
i have always felt the criteria during interviews for approval was a little lax to say the least. i do feel some kind of trial system should be in place, just to test how legit new recruits are. of course if such a thing were to happen its mere existance could only be known about between the captains.

* Discord

Calendar

March 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 119
  • Dot Hidden: 0