Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Author Topic: How do I get QA?  (Read 717 times)

Anonymous

How do I get QA?
« on: February 04, 2005, 05:27:09 pm »
ok, I know that this might sound like a noob question, but whenever I try to get on the beta site, it just re-links me to the sign in page over and over, so can anyone please copy and paste it?

Anonymous

How do I get QA?
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2005, 05:37:08 pm »
There was a few lines of info that you need to change somewhere in something.. I know that's not helpful but I do know that you need to make a new folder and copy MxO to it again.  So let's say you have Mxo installed at D:\Monolith\MatrixBeta you'll need to copy what's in the Matrix beta folder to a new one i.e D:\Monolith\QATestServer

Then there is those command lines which I don't know what they are, I think boombye might know what they are.. I seem to remember him telling me a while back.

Anonymous

How do I get QA?
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2005, 05:39:07 pm »
http://thematrixonline.warnerbros.com/web/beta_article.jsp?id=beta_qatest

What You Need To Do
To begin using the QA Test Server, you need to download the installqatestworld.zip file and unzip it to your hard drive. Double-click installqatestworld.wsf and the script will copy your current game installation to a new directory.

Note: This file only works if you installed The Matrix Online to the default directory. If you installed the game to a different directory, click here for instructions on accessing the QA Test Server.

The next thing you need to do is review the Bug Writing Guide. The new installation will take a while, so that's a good time to reread it. (You've already read it at least once, right? Good. I thought so.) We're serious about needing solid bug reports for this server, so please review the guide.

Once the new installation is finished, an icon for QA Test World will be added to your desktop. Double click the QA Test World icon to launch The Matrix Online and log on using your normal beta account. The first patch may take a while depending on how recent the last large beta patch was, so give yourself some time for the first launch.

Make sure you read the patch notes to see what's been added or changed on the game.

the link for that zip file is here: http://thematrixonline.warnerbros.com/mxo_redesign/downloads/installqatestworld.zip

Anonymous

How do I get QA?
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2005, 06:02:48 pm »
I put it in another directory, if its not much of a problem, can I see the link for what to do next?

Anonymous

How do I get QA?
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2005, 09:10:41 pm »
http://thematrixonline.warnerbros.com/web/beta_article.jsp?id=beta_qatest#manual

Manual Process
If you've installed The Matrix Online somewhere other than the default folder, use the following directions to create a new copy of the game and log on to the QA Test Server.

1. Find the folder you installed The Matrix Online in. (Normally installed at: C:\Program Files\Monolith Productions\The Matrix Online.)

2. From the next to last folder (for example, the Monolith Productions folder), right click the folder named The Matrix Online and select Copy.

3. In the same folder, right click the background and select Paste. Pasting the new folder will probably take a while.

4. Rename the new folder (probably called Copy of The Matrix Online) something like The Matrix Online - QA Test Server.

5. Launch Notepad (or another text editor). In Windows XP, select Start>All Programs>Accessories>Notepad.

6. Copy and paste the following into the new document:
MarginServerDNSSuffix = ".qa.thematrixonline.com"
AuthServerDNSName = "auth.qa.thematrixonline.com"
PatchServerDNSName = "update.qa.thematrixonline.com/qatestworld"
PatchNotesURL = "https://members.warnerbros.com/web/gameClient/getQAPatchNotes.jsp?username=%s&password=%s"

7. Save the file as useropts.cfg in the new directory.

8. Close Notepad.

9. In the new directory, right click launcher.exe and select Create Shortcut.

10. Drag the shortcut to your desktop.

11. Rename the shortcut something appropriate, like MxO QA Test Server.

12. Go back and follow the rest of the directions.

Anonymous

How do I get QA?
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2005, 09:32:54 pm »
Wow, you're really on top of things Grim.  Not just a pretty face....

* Discord

Calendar

April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30

No calendar events were found.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 48