New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

The Quest Pro by Strod
[October 13, 2022, 01:16:51 pm]

No Man's Sky Beyond VR by Tbone
[September 24, 2022, 04:47:52 pm]

Author Topic: Teamspeak 3 Information  (Read 9171 times)

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thefuriousangels.com
Teamspeak 3 Information
« on: May 25, 2011, 04:18:51 pm »
Where to get Teamspeak

Download Teamspeak 3 here! We suggest getting it for your computer AND for your mobile device! Note: Please use the same identity for both your PC and Mobile client. Keep reading for details on transferring your identity!

Connecting

Our TS server address is: followtheangel.org

Permissions

If you're reading this, your identity should either already have permissions for Teamspeak or you should have received a key in your email to activate your permissions. Check your email on specific instructions on using your privilege key.

Your Identity

The first thing you will want to do is export your identity so that if your computer crashes or you would like to use Teamspeak on more than one computer, you will be able to transfer your identity. To do so, simply go to

Settings - Identities

Once there, click on the identity you are using for the FA website. You should see a button on the right that says "Export". Click that, then click "Yes" to confirm.

Type out the name you want to save your file as and choose a location. It will save a .ini file. I recommend emailing this file to yourself so that you will always have a copy of it somewhere other than your main computer. If you need to restore your identity or put it on a different computer. Simply go back to Settings - Identity and click "Import". Browse to the .ini file and voila!

Transferring Identities to Mobile Devices

iPhone
1. Export your identities to an ini file (Settings -> Identities -> Export)
2. Connect your iOS device to computer and launch iTunes
3. Select your device on the left and choose the Apps tab
4. Scroll to the bottom of the Apps tab to see a list of applications on your device that support iTunes file sharing
5. Select the TeamSpeak app
6. Either click the Add button or drag & drop the ini file on the file area (the file will immediately be transferred over to your device)
The next time you launch TeamSpeak from scratch it will automatically import the identities and remove the ini file.

Android
1. First in TS go to Settings -> Identities -> Export. This will create an .ini file.
2. Open it with a text editor.
3. Find the long string between: identity="string"
4. Copy this and either text or email it to your phone.
5. Use the copy/paste feature to paste that long string into your Mobile TS3 identity.
After that our server will recognize you on your mobile device.

Subscribe to All Channels

This will allow you to see who's on Teamspeak. In the PC client, it's an icon that looks like an eye towards the top. On mobile clients, tap the "Furious Angels" master channel at the top of the server and tap "Subscribe to all Channels". To permanently subscribe, go all the way back to "Home" in the app and tap "Settings". From there, toggle "Subscribe All" to "On".

Add-ons and Sound Packs

Add-ons and sound packs can enhance/improve your TS experience. You can browse add-ons here.

I recommend the Minimal Soundpack to reduce unnecessary text-to-speech, but you may also try the Clean Soundpack and Short TTS.

You also may want to look at the Overlays and the Sidebar Gadget!
« Last Edit: July 08, 2016, 09:10:37 pm by Tbone »

Offline Revalis

• RIFTER
  • Angelic Warrior
  • The Architect
    • View Profile
    • http://revalis.blogspot.com
Re: Teamspeak 3 Information
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2011, 11:12:58 am »
Also, for those interested in connecting via Smartphone when a computer isn't convenient:
http://www.teamspeak.com/?page=newsarchive&ident=20110510

TeamSpeak 3 Client for iPhone and Android Coming Soon!
We are thrilled at the attention our iPhone/iPod client demo received at the GDC earlier this year. Therefore, we are also pleased to announce that iPhone and Android client development is still in progress, and will also be available for download soon in the App Store or the Android Market. Our goal is to release both the iPhone and Android client when TeamSpeak 3 Final is released.

Offline Anamodiel

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2011, 12:27:57 pm »
Quote from: "Revalis"
Also, for those interested in connecting via Smartphone when a computer isn't convenient:

We are thrilled at the attention our iPhone/iPod client demo received at the GDC earlier this year. Therefore, we are also pleased to announce that iPhone and Android client development is still in progress, and will also be available for download soon in the App Store or the Android Market. Our goal is to release both the iPhone and Android client when TeamSpeak 3 Final is released.

Hell. Yes!

...And we will strike down upon those of Darkness, with great vengeance and Furious Anger, those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2011, 01:02:33 pm »
Quote from: "Revalis"

That makes me very happy!

Offline Manic Velocity

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • Pod Goo & Tonic
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2011, 01:03:28 pm »
Quote from: "Tbone"
You also may want to look at the Overlays and the Sidebar Gadget!

Just FYI, I have not been able to get any of the overlays to work.  I'm well-acquainted with the voices of our older members, but I'm still learning the newer folk.  If anyone has gotten an overlay to work, please send me a PM.

Offline ArchNemesis

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2011, 07:56:26 pm »
I've gotten the overlay working without any problems. I just don't like how it uses a window with a list of users instead of the old school overlay which only portrayed the names of whoever was speaking.

Offline Revalis

• RIFTER
  • Angelic Warrior
  • The Architect
    • View Profile
    • http://revalis.blogspot.com
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2011, 08:23:42 am »
Quote from: "ArchNemesis"
I just don't like how it uses a window with a list of users instead of the old school overlay which only portrayed the names of whoever was speaking.

If you hit the scroll lock key, it gives you direct access to the Overlay itself and you can adjust how it's displayed.  Right-click on the TS3 icon (which defaults to the lower left and is slightly transparent) and you can change the display mode to Minimal, which only shows who is talking.

Full shows everything and allows you to switch channels from the overlay,
Normal shows everyone in your channel, and just changes the color of who is talking.
Minimal just shows who is talking in your channel.

You can also move the window around and change the colors, etc.

Offline ArchNemesis

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2011, 04:40:05 pm »
Yeah,  I found the under the options but didnt know you could do that within the overlay.  Thanks dude, that is really handy.

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2011, 05:25:27 pm »
Updated with information for mobile devices!

Offline Lithium

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://followtheangel.org
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2011, 07:43:20 pm »
Mobile versions will cost $5. iOS is more polished at the moment. Android is free while in beta.

Don't believe everything you think.

Offline Tecknik

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2011, 08:26:29 am »
I imported my identity from my PC to my iPad and it seems to work fine, however when I import the same identity to my iPhone I get "insufficient privileges" messages when I try to switch channels.

Any idea why this would be happening?

Offline Anamodiel

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2011, 11:10:33 am »
You need to import the actual text of the TXT file, not the Unique ID String. Best way to do that is email yourself the text inside the .TXT file.

...And we will strike down upon those of Darkness, with great vengeance and Furious Anger, those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.

Offline Tecknik

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2011, 12:24:40 pm »
Quote from: "Anamodiel"
You need to import the actual text of the TXT file, not the Unique ID String. Best way to do that is email yourself the text inside the .TXT file.

That's what I did, Ana.  The method is done exactly the same way for the iPhone as it is for the iPad.

I did a full reboot and it's working now.  I guess even after deleting the old identity and closing the app completely, it was still trying to connect with the old identity file.

Offline likwidtek

• RIFTER
  • VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • http://omeganerd.com
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2011, 04:51:10 pm »
I brought this idea up in TS and people seemed to dig it.

Instead of having just Room 1 2 3 etc, I think it'd be beneficial to have rooms broken up by planet as well.  So like Tython 1 2 3 Corrusant 1 2 3 etc.  That way it's really easy to see who's where.  Granted there should be some general rooms but I think overall this would be useful.
"To the darkened skies once more and ever onward."

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2011, 10:25:34 pm »
Done. We now have both, at least while there are so many online.

* Discord

Calendar

March 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 128
  • Dot Hidden: 0