New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

The Quest Pro by Strod
[October 13, 2022, 01:16:51 pm]

No Man's Sky Beyond VR by Tbone
[September 24, 2022, 04:47:52 pm]

Author Topic: Potential new enemies  (Read 2858 times)

Anonymous

Potential new enemies
« on: May 14, 2004, 09:26:18 am »
Guys, I think we've over looked a new faction. The Merovinginists, or as I like to call them the "vinginists". They're going to be working for the Merv, so we're not going to always be able to predict what are their activites. The merv serves only himself, so sometimes he may ally with us for his purposes, or he may ally against us (which is the best possibility). We should get a spy in their and find out what's happening before any unfortunate things can happen......

Anonymous

Potential new enemies
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2004, 09:34:10 am »
I don't really hold with sending bugs into other clans. it is kinda defying thier rules and shows that we are ready to sink low, if that is what you are suggesting. And although the other clans all seem to hint that they have members in each clan, i don't belive them, as I just don't think any clan is that powerfull or organized yet.

Anonymous

Potential new enemies
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2004, 11:16:55 am »
Send in the spies I say. Read the Art of War, the part about spies. Seems to fit this situation nicely

Anonymous

Potential new enemies
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2004, 01:19:44 pm »
Quote from: "Ajax"

I don't really hold with sending bugs into other clans. it is kinda ...shows that we are ready to sink low

I just don't think any clan is that powerfull or organized yet.

Those two thoughts don't match for me.  But I agree with the second.  Organized ships will inevitably have spies.  I'm not sure how effective spies can be, however, unless they will be expected to never hunt with nor help their actual faction.   Seems like a rather thankless job since this is ultimately a game and we will want to hunt with and help our 'real' friends.

Offline likwidtek

• RIFTER
  • VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • http://omeganerd.com
Potential new enemies
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2004, 01:53:58 pm »
Send in the SPIES!  It'll be pretty ironic.  Merv is the trafficer of information... and we can tap his data nodes!  ;)  hee hee!
"To the darkened skies once more and ever onward."

Anonymous

Potential new enemies
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2004, 02:13:35 pm »
Spies are koo, mayb somtime nearer the game release we should start invading other factions. Doing it now would just be stupid, lets find out more about teh game first.

Anonymous

Potential new enemies
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2004, 03:36:35 pm »
I'm not down with the faction invasion, myself.  Piss off too many people, if you ask me.  We don't even know if this is possible.

Granted, if they make a move against us first....well, then it's war, and anything goes.

Anonymous

Potential new enemies
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2004, 03:48:51 pm »
It will be possible, just apply to their faction and hope we get in, there instant spy, u dont need to play it by the rules of the game, just RP it.

Anonymous

Potential new enemies
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2004, 05:32:47 pm »
It is absolutely possible to send spies to other factions. That's not the problem. The problem is one major thing that you all are overlooking. The merv will be a character in the game who will give them orders. Thus, there is ZERO point in infiltrating their faction until the game comes out or it at least comes close to game time. What type of information would we gather? Look at our stuff. It's mainly just who we are and then us talking about the game and stuff. We have no information that would be useful to a spy in any way, excluding like the size of the clan and what not. Until the game comes out, there is little use for spying on other factions.

Anonymous

Potential new enemies
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2004, 07:15:48 pm »
Quote from: "Quantum"
Doing it now would just be stupid, lets find out more about teh game first.

Spying on clans now is the best choice any spy could make.Later when the game is released, clans will be more on the alert.With the time it will take for the game to be released, spies will be able to become trusted and given more power overtime if they really know how to act as someone else.

Most spies would not be willing to spend several months spying on a clan before the game is even released.You can use this as an advantage.Why would anyone join a clan so they can find out future operations and plans when they won't be happening for another 5 months?This is exactly what some people believe right now.

Now my mind is getting all confused for some reason so let me just pull away from the keyboard...

Anonymous

Potential new enemies
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2004, 08:23:32 pm »
And although the other clans all seem to hint that they have members in each clan, i don't belive them, as I just don't think any clan is that powerfull or organized yet.

WHAT ABOUT US?! I think we are extremely organized already! We may not be powerful or whatever but thats because the game isn't out yet!

I say spy! spy like you never spied before!!!!!!!!!!

MUAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!
(woo gotta calm down now...)

Anonymous

Potential new enemies
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2004, 08:43:14 pm »
spying is both a good idea and a bad idea, first the pros: knowing information that we are not soposed to know: cons: we would make eniemys fast, real fast. and i dont think many clans are ploting aginst us at least not enough to send in the spyes, i say hold off for now, and if we get any heat then its all systems go

Anonymous

Potential new enemies
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2004, 01:55:41 am »
it would be pretty cool having enemy factions before going into the game, then we would have a greater motovation and we would work harder toward our skills to show them up.

Anonymous

Potential new enemies
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2004, 06:11:14 am »
Well I agree witht the guys who are against it, and I also agree with the guys that are for it. The ONLY way this whole spy thing is going to work if it's even started is to create loyalty. Loyalty in such that even *if* we were to get a spy, they would turn coat and leave, and join us. We have to create loyalty to the fact that if we do send spies out that they'll remain the upmost loyal to us. As for the people who think they'd get pissed off, that's only if and when they knew. If we look at Eli's plan of attack, which was to go in there now and become very trusted, then that'd not happen. If you became a captain over there, or a crew member over there that's highly respected, rarely would they think of you as someone who would betray them. So even if they became aware of the fact that someone was a spy, they'd more then likely slip over you. And guys, were thinking "What if they find out, what if they find out?" That's AWAYS a possibilty with spying....that's why they call em spies lol ;) If one of our operatives get found out, they wouldn't automatically know which clan they were from.

"You're a spy. How could you betray us like that?" "I am loyal to my clan. What can I say?" "Then who were you working for?" "You want to know? LOL I'll tell you but we know so much now that'd you'd never be able to get over on us. The (insert random enemy clan of ours here) sent me. Ally against us and we'll kill you all."

See? HOW would they know? And I know some of you are thinking well duh all they have to do is look at you. Well it's called creating more then one char! LOL one for us and one for them. And Mega City is a big as hell city, so even if you didn't want to you could probably still get away with it (but if you're planning on being a spy you probably shouldn't do this). Guys realize one thing...this game is going to be played on many levels. Inside and outside of the matrix. Spies are going to have to sacrifice some things. Think of it like this: Sacrifice Part of Yourself. There we go all three letters. That's what spies are going to have to do. But they will be tremendously valued for it though. So whether or not you think this life is for you then go ahead....just be smart, and if anything happens know your FA brothers will be here for ya....unlike countries who say we'll deny your existence...but I'm rambling now so Peace out ya heard!

* Discord

Calendar

March 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 111
  • Dot Hidden: 0