New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

The Quest Pro by Strod
[October 13, 2022, 01:16:51 pm]

No Man's Sky Beyond VR by Tbone
[September 24, 2022, 04:47:52 pm]

Author Topic: Goodbye from Ademaro  (Read 8497 times)

Offline Ademaro

• Warrior
    • View Profile
Goodbye from Ademaro
« on: March 30, 2012, 01:43:40 pm »
First and foremost I want to thank each and every one of you for the opportunity to play with you, it was great while it lasted and I appreciate all of the hours we have enjoyed together. A lot of you I didn't know to well and I apologize for that.

To say the least I have had some personal issues about a few things that have been occurring in the guild. I won't get into the details about it but I will say I brought it to the attention to Sared yesterday in which he told me to talk to either Tbone or Broin that broin would possibly be a better person to discuss it with. I then notified Broin of my concerns with full intentions of talking to Tbone afterwards. I also notified Broin that I had applied to Crimson Elite....

Within minutes I was kicked and privileges were revoked... I am only saying this stuff so everyone knows what happened.

To say the least if you are interested in keeping in contact please feel free to add me on facebook (http://www.facebook.com/justonherbert) or in game.

I don't know at this point whether or not I will find myself in Crimson Elite or if I will just continue to run solo but regardless best of luck and May the Force be With you.

Offline Broin

• Second-in-Command
  • VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
Re: Goodbye from Ademaro
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2012, 01:51:38 pm »
Well, I hated to see him go.  However, during my whole conversation with him I tried and tried to get him to talk to Tbone, but he refused the entire time.  Without a question he said he did not want to talk to Tbone and wasn't going to.

The problem is the concerns he metnioned to me I thought really weren't that big of deal, and even by his own admission he should've brought them up but never did.  Something that we talked about in great detail at the last Monday meeting.

I think the long and short is he applied for another guild, before even mentioning anything to anyone about any concerns or any issues or that he was even thinking of leaving.

Go ahead, make my day.

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thefuriousangels.com
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2012, 02:00:43 pm »
This one took me by surprise. I considered Ademaro to be a friend, which is why I don't understand why he refused to talk to me about any problems he was having.

Just to clarify the situation, Broin and I were both in Teamspeak and Ademaro requested to speak to Broin privately. After Ademaro talked to Broin, Broin tried to convince him to speak with me, but he said he didn't want to. So Broin informed me himself that Ademaro had applied to Crimson. I wanted to talk to him about it but was told that he didn't want to talk to me, so I had no choice but to take action and just remove him. Applying for another guild is about as cut and dry as you can get.

I talked to him briefly through tells afterward and he told me he didn't talk to me because he didn't want to lose me as a friend. Broin had asked him if he had at least read the meeting notes from our last meeting. He hadn't.

If you refuse to talk to me about your issues or don't even send me a PM saying you are leaving, I consider that disrespectful. Consider it a pet peeve of mine. This is why I removed his account without much consideration. I could have been more tactful about it, I admit, but I at least wanted him to talk to me.

Unfortunately this is becoming a bad pattern of people not bringing up their issues until post-quitting. If something is bothering you, there's nothing we can do if you just sit and let it stew.

As for Ademaro's issues, all I've caught second hand was that he felt not enough people were doing what he wanted to do - and not enough people were hardcore about it. He said he plays 8 hours a day but seems to be the only one. I raided with Ademaro three nights a week for 3 hours each night, so I'm not sure why he felt left out. Unfortunately he never brought it to my attention in order to avoid what he thought might be an awkward discussion, and this was the end result.

Offline Broin

• Second-in-Command
  • VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2012, 02:04:49 pm »
He did mention that he thought that not participating in the pvp event on Sundays was an issue as well... But then turned right around and said that he had never posted about it, never had done it himself, and never would be able to because it was on Sunday.  

Didnt' see the  logic in that one.

Go ahead, make my day.

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2012, 02:12:24 pm »
I'm not aware of a Sunday PvP Event. I work doubles on Sunday, so maybe that's why I haven't stumbled upon it. Guild liaison?

We do have a Saturday night PvP event with EV and others.

Offline Sared

• VETERAN ANGEL
  • Pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2012, 02:13:56 pm »
I told him to talk to Broin simply because I thought he might be around and available to talk to before Tbone would be around later in the day.

When he spoke with me, he specifically mentioned personality conflicts with leadership,  lack of commitment to raid progression (how , and lack of organized/dedicated PVP.

He also did not seem to care for our recruitment process, specifically stating that he thought we should drop the challenge process altogether. Not going to happen.

Offline Paitryn

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2012, 02:19:44 pm »
apparently there is a weelky sunday pvp event (sort of tournatment) that goes on. Im busy on sundays and cant make it. didnt even know about it till tuesday when he told me. I did tell him that there is a good chance that no one knows about this event and he should bring it up several times. he never did.

Im not sure why he felt the way he did. he would not discuss it with me either. we pvp'd together almost every moment he wasnt raiding or was offline.

It sucks because he was good. we had huttball matches down to an almost sure fire win every time. and he had excellent communication skills. we stamped out a lot of premade tactica together looking at what works and what doesnt. Now hes taking that playbook elsewhere. Which aggrivates the hell out of me.

Offline Saint

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.wix.com/saintxxx/Jedi-Archives
???
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2012, 02:22:48 pm »
WTF Over,

I'm really getting tired of loosing good people for stupid reasons.  Im alittle confused per Ademaro's own post he said that he had intended on talking to Tbone after Broin.  I'm not sure why he felt the need to apply to CE that is odd however.  It may be that he felt that our pvp has been somewhat lackluster of a priority I dont know.  I know during the day theres not alot of Angel pvpers and as Im not on much at night so I cant comment on whether pvp is a priority or not.  During the day when I usually play however 3-4 Angel pvpers is a large turnout.  I sense through the force that certain people are feeling like the guild advertised itself as a highly pvp guild and often it seems to get put on the back burner.  Imo

Anyway just my thoughts, sorry to see you go Ademaro, I really enjoyed pvping with you.

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2012, 02:32:42 pm »
I thought Ademaro and I got along great. We exchanged phone numbers. Hell, I'm the one who kept bugging him to get in game once it went live. If he had problems with some of the other leadership, I don't know why he didn't feel comfortable talking with me about it. I don't believe he had any problems with me.

Ademaro was in our raid group. We put off doing Nightmare mode so that we could gear him up. How he could claim lack of commitment to raid progression is beyond me. Part of the reason we're combining raid groups is to hopefully have at least one DEDICATED raid group instead of spreading ourselves to thin and get stuck with setbacks.

His issue with lack of PvP seems to contradict his issue with lack of raiding. It's very difficult to fit hardcore PvP and hardcore raiding into the same schedule. I think our new schedule is pretty close, though may need fine tuning. We've got three teams of dedicated PvPers ready to start rated warzones, so I'm not sure why he feels this way.

We're one of the largest Republic guilds on our server, if not the largest. Recruitment isn't an issue.

Maybe he had valid points somewhere in there, but I don't know, because he never brought it up to me. Instead he just went ahead and applied to a different guild. The little bit he told me was that our times never worked out for him. Even our 10 p.m. slot was pushing it for him (it was 8:00 his time). I pointed out that he's on an east coast server, so I don't know how much luck he's expecting to have with a different guild, but oh well.

Offline Faiden

• Soldier
    • View Profile
Re: ???
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2012, 02:36:09 pm »
Let's not put Ademaro in a negative light, he is friends with a lot of us and he had his reasons. One of them to clarify is that because of his work schedule and commitment to spend time with the gf and as I say "gain some rl levels." Was rendering him unable to raid or participate in the new schedule that is going to be put into effect soon. The times conflicted perfectly with his out of game schedule. My main point in saying all of this is don't be so quick to demonize him. He had no ill intentions nor any intentions of having any hard feelings left behind. Losing another good member sucks but it does not mean we have to lose a friend.
Like the blade rushing from my hilt, my blood shall never cool.

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2012, 02:39:58 pm »
Quote from: "Saint"
 I sense through the force that certain people are feeling like the guild advertised itself as a highly pvp guild and often it seems to get put on the back burner.  Imo

No question that the guild naturally goes through phases of content. We have a large dedicated PvP base that burned through PvP content and got full Battlemaster. Ilum proved to be almost a non-PvP area. With the PvP content done, a lot of us began to look at other endgame content, mostly due to the fact that other endgame content could benefit us in PvP.

With 1.2 coming out, however, the new PvP phase is beginning. Next week we're hitting the ground with three Ranked Warzone practices a week. When 1.2 hits, it'll be four. And that's just the official events. That's not including when people just get together in the afternoon or whatever.

We also plan on starting the PvP Patrol event each week, where we divide up planets looking for PvP just for fun.

While I will admit that PvP content has been lacking and, therefore, wasn't as focused on in the past month, all indicators point to a strong surge in PvP as early as next week, and leaving right before all of that begins seems a bit hasty.

Offline Fuse

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • http://www.lostlocalhost.com
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2012, 02:44:49 pm »
No demonizing, but he knew that Sared and I were working on things, he knew we wanted him to be part of it, and he knew that things specifically with PvP would have to be flexible until 1.2 actually comes out and we find our groove. I still look forward to playing with him - he's a good guy and good player.

More importantly...
For anyone else having similar thoughts, open your mouths please. That's far better than being disappointed and eventually leaving without even trying to get things moving in the right direction.

Offline likwidtek

• RIFTER
  • VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • http://omeganerd.com
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2012, 07:03:03 pm »
He specifically brought up the PvP event tournament fight club type things thing to me (which I had only heard of here and there) and that he wishes we would participate.  This happened Tuesday or Wednesday I think.  I straight up told him, "Hey man, if that's something you're interested in, start a post of the forums and let's see if we can get a group of people interested.  Rally some people to your cause and let's do it!"  He dismissed it and did nothing.  So...

I mean, if you want to do something, let's do it.  But show some dedication and interest.  At least make a forum post or bring it up at the meetings.  He did none of these things.  Now, after the fact, and now we're comparing notes, it seems he did communicate to a bunch of people, but it was more or less complaining or spreading negative thoughts.  That could have been focused into forming up a group of people to compete in the specific tournaments he wanted.

I'd like to point out also how the master's ears are open.  Let's talk about stuff and let's make changes where they need to be.  But 1) you MUST communicate.  If you don't, sorry man we aren't mind readers.  and 2) Be prepared to roll up your sleeves and pitch in.  Meaning, if you just fold your arms and say "I WANT ROLE PLAY EVENTS!!!  MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!" and put in no effort yourself, don't be mad if things don't happen.  

If you have a passion project that you'd like to see happen, this guild is your sandbox.  We're creating an environment full of resources, people and tools to help make this game/server/community/allies whatever you want it to be.  But you gotta get your hands dirty sometimes and help shape things.  Creation is part of the fun.  

I'd like to see more people be passionate about things PLUS help lead and execute these sorts of things.  :)

To focus on some positive, there've been great things happening lately.

* Last Friday's FA Friday fun night was an insane drunken success. (we shall be repeating this!)
* There's another PvP Server event tonight (check the forums)
* We have a TF2 event tomorrow for Manic's birthday!
* Next Saturday Sared organized a credit payout PvP tournament (check the forums)
* We have an improved schedule!
* Tbone and lots of the other masters are making a HUGE effort to mix it up in other PvP and Raid groups and be awesome social butterflys to get to know more of the members
* Sared became a master! (oh god what have we done)
* We're getting to know other guilds better and building some alliances!  Look forward to joint TS drunken adventures soon with Alpha Company!

Guys let's just have fun.  Good things are happening and I'm proud to be in this guild.  If you have awesome ideas for things that will be awesome, SPEAK UP!  Let's do it!
"To the darkened skies once more and ever onward."

Offline ExternalError

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://n/a
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2012, 08:44:45 pm »
Good fucking riddance a leech on the guild sorry to you all who thought this guy was a good guy but from my interactions with him he was a selfish fucktard who I won't miss as he exhibited all of the traits I don't expect from an FA member so I'm glad he's gone

Offline ZephixLeer (Zephic)

• Angelic Wrath
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2012, 08:46:06 pm »
This stuff is getting old so fast.

* Discord

Calendar

March 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9