Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Author Topic: Savage Lands  (Read 5896 times)

Offline Maglorius

• RIFTER
  • Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
Savage Lands
« on: March 09, 2015, 10:59:08 pm »
This new early access went live on Steam 3/5/2015, it has gotten some pretty good positive reviews.
http://www.savagelandsgame.com/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53Qds6PoRJ8

It is currently 14.99 on Steam up until March 12th and will 24.99.

I am going to go ahead and pickup a copy to check it out, might be a good survival game to get into again?

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thefuriousangels.com
Re: Savage Lands
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2015, 11:07:53 pm »
Did you try it? What did you think?

Offline Maglorius

• RIFTER
  • Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2015, 12:30:29 am »
It is very early access of course.

The game looks great and of course is built with Unity 4 if I am not mistaken. The only problem with playing multiplayer currently is that one person has to host the game from their computer, so its not like Rust in terms of being on a hosted server but I am sure it will be moving that direction at some point.

Currently no PVP, everything is PVE even in multiplayer mode. The farming and resource gathering is very similar to Rust, chop down trees, hit rocks and kill animals for hides and meat, only thing I was disappointed about, there was no chicken!

The PVE side of things is fun, at night time the evil lurks and comes out to play and during the day you will encounter wolves, bears, deer, tree giants and a dragon that circles around the island.

Crafting is very typical, x amount of resources to craft certain gear and weapons. Food and torches are your best friend. Until you can get geared up the harsh weather can kill you so its best to star warm.

Towns and Player towns, you can of course build pre-determined type buildings, everything is open so anyone can walk into your house. That is probably why they don't have PVP active yet but from what I have read it will be coming. There are currently 6 towns that are built into the map that spawn different items and monsters, two of the towns have forges that you are required to use in order to build certain armor and weapons.

I put about 15 hours into it already, seems like it has potential to be a cool game. Of course being that its early access we are dealing with bugs, lack of content and functionality.

The Dev team has been hinting that the island holds secrets and they have been doing live steams giving hits each week. I haven't actually gone and watched any of them but from some of the players I have played with online have been speaking about it, so I will probably look into some of those videos tomorrow. 

The map is definitely big, it takes some time to get around.

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thefuriousangels.com
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2015, 01:13:12 am »
It sounds kind of like a realistic Minecraft, but without the creativity to be able to create anything.

Not sure how I feel about having to host a game. It works in Blaze Rush when you're just doing some random multiplayer, but I assume it saves your progress in this game and so someone would have to keep it running or you'd only be able to play it when they are online.

Offline Maglorius

• RIFTER
  • Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2015, 07:06:53 am »
It maintains your character progress between multiple servers. What you gain on one server is carried over to the next. The only thing that doesn't obviously transfer over is anything you built. All crafting and items do transfer.

From what i gather they will be dedicated servers as they expand.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 10:30:39 am by Maglorius »

* Discord

Calendar

April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27
28 29 30

No calendar events were found.

* Who's Online