Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Author Topic: Last Beta Weekend?  (Read 2011 times)

Offline Arawn

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
Last Beta Weekend?
« on: December 02, 2011, 07:20:11 am »
So there is another Beta Weekend start up soon? Or did I miss read some post on the forum? I havent got any emails yet...

If its true, when does it start?

If I had the source code... Life would be easier.

Offline Manic Velocity

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • Pod Goo & Tonic
Re: Last Beta Weekend?
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2011, 09:33:37 am »
A batch of invites were sent out to test for this weekend, though not nearly as many as last weekend.

With one week left before early access, this is most probably the last testing weekend before launch.

Offline Arawn

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2011, 09:42:47 am »
So, who of us got invited?

If I had the source code... Life would be easier.

Offline CT

• Meat Shield
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2011, 11:56:35 am »
There aren't any more beta weekends. Only full time testers will have access henceforth. Here's my source.

**UPDATE 11/30 - We are excited to announce that the new build of the game will be available tomorrow (12/1) . At 11:00AM CST (17:00 London, 18:00 Paris/Berlin), the servers will open up to all ongoing testers for patching and play! We look forward to your feedback and participation!**

Hello Testers!

We are preparing to deploy a new build of the game for testing! At 12:00AM CST (6:00 London, 7:00 Paris/Berlin) on 11/29, we will be bringing the all game servers and SWTOR.com down for extended maintenance.

Note to weekend testers: Your phase of the Game Testing Program has now concluded, and you will no longer be able to play the game.

As part of the internal testing and deployment process, the game servers will remain unavailable for ongoing testers after the website is up at 12:00PM CST (18:00 London, 19:00 Paris/Berlin) on 11/29. We will update the stickies in this forum to keep you informed about when the servers will be available again. While we do not currently have an ETA, we expect the servers to be available again this week.

GOOD NEWS ABOUT THE NEW BUILD!

Characters from the last phase of testing will not be wiped and will carry over to the new testing build of the game! (Note: characters from testing WILL NOT carry over to Early Game Access).
    You will not need to uninstall this build and the new patch will not be the size of a new build! (This means no 20GB download!)

We are excited to get everyone back to testing, as this is our launch build and it will include wide array of improvements, bug fixes, and updates! Your participation and feedback are truly appreciated!

Please watch this thread for any updates or new information as they become available.

Offline CT

• Meat Shield
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2011, 11:58:59 am »
And by the way tons of stuff got fixed this build. http://www.torhead.com/patch/20111201

PVP combat dropping is working properly now.. after say 8 seconds of no interaction, the player drops combat and can then use their regen ability. Loads of other fixes too. Crafting window bugs, map bugs. etc..

Offline Ketamininja

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2011, 01:57:38 pm »
Welcome to our Beta Testing Weekend!
Welcome to the final Beta Testing Weekend for Star Wars: The Old Replublic! We are very close top the launch of the first ever BioWare MMO and we want to thank you so much for your participation in our Testing Program. This test is a critical part of our preparations for launch; please bear with us in the event of any service interruptions. Be sure to check the System Alerts and the Forums for updates throughout the weekend. Enjoy the game, and May the Force be with You!

-----
So if this is the last weekend, there is a "vacant weekend" before the early access. Strange? Hmmm... maybe...

I'm a total frickin rock star from mars.
C'mon bro, I got tiger blood.

Offline Tinzzak

• Meat Shield
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2011, 03:31:30 pm »
If it was me I would boot the beta testers the Friday before that vacant weekend... Let the employees spend some time with the family before launch... because from launch until its stable they won't see much of their families!  

They'll walk in for work and get hit with a memo that says...

Dear BioWare Employees,
Launch Day for SWTOR, new corporate policy, no one leaves the office until this is stable.  We are bringing Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and Midnight Snacks.  Sleep is not acceptable... you have an IV Drip located at your desk please hook yourself up as soon as you sit down.   You have your choice of coffee made from caffeinated water or Jolt soda, yes we brought it back just for this!  
Happy Launch Month!
BioWare Executives

Of course i may just be filtering that through my personal work experience at my job... maybe the vast majority of corporate america isn't quite like indentured servitude...

Offline Mharz

• Angelic Wrath
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2011, 04:32:31 pm »
Unconfirmed reports of people gaining beta access who did not receive an email.  Might want to patch and give it a go.

Offline Tecknik

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2011, 05:43:31 pm »
Unconfirmed reports that Tecknik is one of those people.

EDIT: Nevermind.

* Discord

Calendar

April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30

No calendar events were found.

* Who's Online