New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

The Quest Pro by Strod
[October 13, 2022, 01:16:51 pm]

No Man's Sky Beyond VR by Tbone
[September 24, 2022, 04:47:52 pm]

Author Topic: Raid Group #2 Scheduling  (Read 19432 times)

Offline Tecknik

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
Raid Group #2 Scheduling
« Reply #60 on: February 23, 2012, 08:14:59 am »
Damn.  Congratulations, guys!

Offline Anamodiel

• Staff
    • View Profile
Raid Group #2 Scheduling
« Reply #61 on: February 23, 2012, 09:03:29 am »
aahhhhhhhh It was so awesome. I couldn't fall asleep for another 45 minutes because I was so excited we beat him AGAIN. It just goes to show that hard work and pure perseverance really do pay off eventually.

...And we will strike down upon those of Darkness, with great vengeance and Furious Anger, those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.

Offline likwidtek

• RIFTER
  • VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • http://omeganerd.com
Raid Group #2 Scheduling
« Reply #62 on: February 23, 2012, 12:35:51 pm »
You guys rule.
"To the darkened skies once more and ever onward."

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thefuriousangels.com
Raid Group #2 Scheduling
« Reply #63 on: February 23, 2012, 04:12:30 pm »
I still haven't heard from Arawn yet about tonight.

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
Raid Group #2 Scheduling
« Reply #64 on: February 23, 2012, 07:47:23 pm »
Arawn isn't going to make it. We'll need a replacement again for tonight.

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
Raid Group #2 Scheduling
« Reply #65 on: February 24, 2012, 01:42:02 am »
Thanks Virtopia for stepping in!

We did both raids on normal mode in 2 hours. EV only took 45 minutes. Karagga took an hour. There were no wipes!

In our Biometric Crystal Alloy rotation, Tbone and Strod were left one short. That means next week we'll make sure that both of us get three in the rotation (and whoever is left out of the third for that week will be guaranteed the week after).

People were also curious to do Nightmare Mode. I'll leave it up to you guys. Apparently we can switch back to hard at any time, so we can try and then switch back if need be.

Offline Ratio

• Meat Shield
    • View Profile
Raid Group #2 Scheduling
« Reply #66 on: February 24, 2012, 02:28:05 am »
Nice things to have (Nightmare version):
1. Armor Reduction. (20%)
 a. Provided by Gunslinger, Guardian, Commando (DPS)
 b. The Gunslinger version is 45s duration 4.5s cooldown. There is no reason this shouldn't be 100% of the time on every boss... or bosses, for that matter.
 c. Guardian and Commando versions require time to build up to 20% as they are both 4% reduction with 5 stacks possible.

2. Accuracy Reduction. (5%)
 a. Provided by: Guardian, Shadow (Tank-ish)
 b. Guardians have to talent into Dust Storm, but there's no reason they shouldn't be, regardless of spec--it's a first tier talent and too good to pass up. (18s duration, 15s cooldown)
 c. Shadows can only get this in Combat Technique (Force Breach). (18s duration, 15s cooldown)

3. Damage Reduction (4%/5%)
 a. Provided by: Vanguard, Shadow (Tank). Both can use this AoE on a max of five targets. Vanguard is PBAoE, Shadow is 10m AoE.
 b. Vanguard is the 4% version. First tier talent on a primary single target damage ability (Ion Pulse) and PBAoE (Explosive Surge)--again, no excuse not to have it. (15s duration, 1.5s cooldown)
 c. Shadows in full tank spec (requires Slow Time) get 5%. Downside: it costs 30 force. (18s duration, 7.5s cooldown)

4. Increased Armor (10%)
 a. Provided by Sage (Heal), Commando (Heal); Sages are preferred because they can maintain 100% uptime, Commandos can maintain 75% uptime by default. Commandos can maintain 100% uptime if they use the Supercharge Cells proc for AMP every 9 seconds.
 b. Sage requires talents: Rejuvenate, Force Shelter. (15s duration, 6s cooldown)
 c. Commando requires talent: Medical Screen. (9s duration, 12s cooldown) Sort of requires talent: Supercharge Cells for maximum effectiveness.

Offline Anamodiel

• Staff
    • View Profile
Raid Group #2 Scheduling
« Reply #67 on: February 24, 2012, 02:55:09 pm »
Quote from: "Ratio"
 b. The Gunslinger version is 45s duration 4.5s cooldown. There is no reason this shouldn't be 100% of the time on every boss... or bosses, for that matter.
 c. Guardian and Commando versions require time to build up to 20% as they are both 4% reduction with 5 stacks possible.

So, we have the Gunslinger version. Requiem has it, right?

2. Accuracy Reduction. (5%)
 a. Provided by: Guardian, Shadow (Tank-ish)
 b. Guardians have to talent into Dust Storm, but there's no reason they shouldn't be, regardless of spec--it's a first tier talent and too good to pass up. (18s duration, 15s cooldown)
 c. Shadows can only get this in Combat Technique (Force Breach). (18s duration, 15s cooldown)

So, I guess we need a Guardian!

3. Damage Reduction (4%/5%)
 a. Provided by: Vanguard, Shadow (Tank). Both can use this AoE on a max of five targets. Vanguard is PBAoE, Shadow is 10m AoE.
 b. Vanguard is the 4% version. First tier talent on a primary single target damage ability (Ion Pulse) and PBAoE (Explosive Surge)--again, no excuse not to have it. (15s duration, 1.5s cooldown)
 c. Shadows in full tank spec (requires Slow Time) get 5%. Downside: it costs 30 force. (18s duration, 7.5s cooldown)

So, we've got this covered with your Vanguard.

4. Increased Armor (10%)
 a. Provided by Sage (Heal), Commando (Heal); Sages are preferred because they can maintain 100% uptime, Commandos can maintain 75% uptime by default. Commandos can maintain 100% uptime if they use the Supercharge Cells proc for AMP every 9 seconds.
 b. Sage requires talents: Rejuvenate, Force Shelter. (15s duration, 6s cooldown)
 c. Commando requires talent: Medical Screen. (9s duration, 12s cooldown) Sort of requires talent: Supercharge Cells for maximum effectiveness.

Strod and I both have this. If I recall, it stacks, so we always need to be cognizant of keeping this up on the main tank.

...And we will strike down upon those of Darkness, with great vengeance and Furious Anger, those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
Raid Group #2 Scheduling
« Reply #68 on: February 24, 2012, 03:08:26 pm »
Arawn is a guardian if he can get his game subbed again by next week.

Offline JazzyC

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
Raid Group #2 Scheduling
« Reply #69 on: February 24, 2012, 04:19:23 pm »

Specced correctly, a Guardian can have their Armor Reduction stacked to the full 20% in around three seconds (being generous) using two abilities and a total of 4 focus.
Requires top of Defense tree (Guardian Slash) and two points in the Improved Sundering Strike perk on the first tier of the Vigilance tree.  Sundering Strike has a 5 second cooldown.  There is no reason that the 5 stacks should be lost once on the target.

Offline Arawn

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
Raid Group #2 Scheduling
« Reply #70 on: February 24, 2012, 04:29:30 pm »
Yes. I can apply the full 5stacks (20% armor redux) in 2 GCD and the 5% Acc reduction is usually my third skill of the rotation.

And btw my armor redux stacks with the commando's

If I had the source code... Life would be easier.

Offline Ratio

• Meat Shield
    • View Profile
Raid Group #2 Scheduling
« Reply #71 on: February 24, 2012, 05:43:49 pm »
Actually, nothing stacks. More like overlaps.

2 10% armor buffs = 10% armor buff.
3 20% armor reductions = 20% armor reduction.
1 4% damage reduction + 1 5% damage reduction = 5% damage reduction.

This is not true for personal armor penetration, etc. Only for things that also apply to others. In other words, if the debuff works for other people, it will not stack--only the highest value will be used. If the buff works only for you, it will stack.

For example: If the boss is at 20% armor debuff, and you have a personal 10% armor ignore self buff and a 60% armor penetration on an ability, then you'd be at 90% armor reduction for that skill.

The real advantage to having group buff/debuff redundancy is that if one falls off, the others will probably still be there.

/edit

More to the point: If group affecting debuffs and buffs stacked, you'd be wasting time running with anything other than Shadow (Tank), Sage (Heal), Commando (Heal), Commando (DPS), Guardian (DPS), Vanguard, Gunslinger and one other random DPS. The game is designed for flexibility, not to make one operation setup be the end all be all.

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
Raid Group #2 Scheduling
« Reply #72 on: February 26, 2012, 06:05:41 pm »

2/28-3/1

If you're on the permanent roster, sign up on Tuesday. Alternates sign up on the day you are available.

I have not received confirmation from Arawn that he is back in game. Right now I'm under the assumption we're still missing an off-tank.

I'm moving on Wednesday. I should have everything set up by raid time, but just giving a heads up in case.

Offline Ademaro

• Warrior
    • View Profile
Raid Group #2 Scheduling
« Reply #73 on: February 26, 2012, 10:42:58 pm »
Signing up for Tuesday nights raid I'll for sure be there... A bit undergrared ATM and grinding out gear as best as possible via flash points and dailies... As of the week of the 3/2 and further I will be available to make every raid

Offline Ademaro

• Warrior
    • View Profile
Raid Group #2 Scheduling
« Reply #74 on: February 27, 2012, 12:26:00 am »
Confirmed myself for this Tuesday, however I told Tbone earlier that I'd be willing to bench if you can find a better geared tank for this Tuesday. I will be running all flash-points tomorrow (Monday) and Tuesday pre-raid and with my fingers crossed get some good luck on gear drops and people that want to run the hard modes...

As of now I have a few tionese pieces and one columi piece... The rest are pretty well modded oranges ATM

* Discord

Calendar

March 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30

No calendar events were found.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 160