Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Author Topic: New Captains Needed  (Read 5975 times)

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thefuriousangels.com
New Captains Needed
« on: May 06, 2004, 06:46:53 pm »
It's that time again! We need another regular ship and another foreign one. If you would like to captain, please send applications to tbone@followtheangel.org . I am looking for someone who will be active daily and can stay in communication with me. Leadership skills are preferred, but more important is a good nature and enthusiastic attitude towards the faction. Thanks!

Anonymous

New Captains Needed
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2004, 07:32:26 pm »
I have a question:

Is there some concrete information on the size and purpose of Hovercraft crews and political factions?  From what I've read (admittedly little) hovercraft crews sound temporary, like grouping in other games; while political factions best represent guilds.

If anyone has any solid information, backed by official commentary, I would be interested in reading it.

Anonymous

New Captains Needed
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2004, 04:26:43 pm »
Is there a timetable on when the new captians will be decided on?

Anonymous

New Captains Needed
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2004, 05:18:39 pm »
I would just like to say that if things get desperate, I would be willing to take the position of a captain.

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
New Captains Needed
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2004, 05:26:16 pm »
Asha: The following would probably be of interest to you:

"Ragaini: Once a character's Reputation reaches a certain level, that character can become a Captain and form a Crew. Crews are small groups of players who share access to a hovercraft. The hovercraft in turn grants access to a whole host of character benefits. Crews can team up to form Factions. Factions are The Matrix Online's equivalent of Guilds and are directly loyal to one of the Organizations. Faction members receive many benefits, one of which is the ability to create a Construct. Constructs are small "pocket worlds" that players manage, customize, and defend."

You can find the official interview here: http://archive.gamespy.com/interviews/march04/ragaini/

Cephus: There is no official time table. It will be relatively soon, however, due to the large number of new recruits we have received.

Anonymous

New Captains Needed
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2004, 05:52:39 pm »
Hey, I was wondering if a new guy here, like me would be able to apply for the posiotion of captain?

Anonymous

New Captains Needed
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2004, 05:54:19 pm »
Wow, that was your first post, asking to be captain!!  jk, I did the same thing, now it's been weeks and I feel like an old timer.  We're growing like crazy, I remember when we had 20 members.

Anonymous

New Captains Needed
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2004, 03:31:52 am »
Is it possible for one already in a ship to become a captian? Because if so, then I woulld relish in the oppourtinuity. ;)

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
New Captains Needed
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2004, 04:10:59 am »
Yes, almost every captain has come from another ship. Otherwise, only members going through their trial period would get to captain. Lol...

Anonymous

New Captains Needed
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2004, 05:49:45 am »
Glad to hear it. So, I would like to be captain. Incase you didn';t know already. lol

Anonymous

New Captains Needed
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2004, 02:33:39 am »
Ummmmmm. There's kinda a problem i think. They say that once someone reaches a certain level they can become captain. Well, what happens if our organization doesn't quite work out. Say, the current captain ends up not reaching the proper reputation level or that other crew members reach it first. Will how the game says it is set up just have to be different than how we actually consider it set up in order to build the ingame faction faster?

Anonymous

New Captains Needed
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2004, 02:42:52 am »
I'm not too sure what you mean Soma by your last question. But I wondered also about what would happen if a captain's level was below his crew members. This is the thing the captain isn't defined as his level of his caracter (althogh for all reasons it should be higher then his subordinates) but it's defined of his ability to lead, and think under pressure. That's what defines a leader. But I do think captains should put in more hours atleast then thier crew members so that they can be higher or have a higher level for all arguementative purposes.

Anonymous

New Captains Needed
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2004, 04:07:40 am »
Damn good point. But I think that tbone is selecting the most active and useful members as captians anyway, so they will most probably be the people who are in the game the most, therefore the higher character level.

Anonymous

New Captains Needed
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2004, 07:19:47 am »
Whats going to happen is that the crew of the ship at the moment has to help their captain, in my case Triplex, get to the appropriate level.  Then you can work on yourself and leveling up, also if you are a spy but somehow recieve a soldier upgrade then you can trade around, this will mean that everyone helps everyone.

Anonymous

New Captains Needed
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2004, 10:58:57 am »
Speaking of a spy obtaining soldier upgrades, would it be possible for a spy to "use" them.As a spy I know our job is to be covert, but if some how our disguise is blown, you would want to have atleast some non sneak attacks.

* Discord

Calendar

April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30

No calendar events were found.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 59