New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

The Quest Pro by Strod
[October 13, 2022, 01:16:51 pm]

No Man's Sky Beyond VR by Tbone
[September 24, 2022, 04:47:52 pm]

Author Topic: The One lives...somewhere  (Read 3573 times)

Offline Adad

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
The One lives...somewhere
« on: April 03, 2007, 02:06:09 pm »
So it seems it is true, the One is alive...somewhere.  He must be found.

http://forums.station.sony.com/mxo/posts/list.m?topic_id=36300011126

Anonymous

Re: The One lives...somewhere
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2007, 02:16:23 pm »
Well, I suppose this changes a few things, huh?

If it's true, I'm a little disappointed it's taken this long for this to happen.

Offline Adad

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2007, 02:20:55 pm »
Well, in theory this was originally supposed to be the 7th month of the game, correct?  Each chapter was going to take a month so it would be happening then.  Think of the MxO world as being the story in Bullet-time.

Offline Tecknik

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2007, 03:05:26 pm »
Hmm...  I think we shouldn't jump to conclusions so quickly.  With all the trickery and deception that has been going on as of late, we should be ever vigilant, and not open ourselves up to what could be a trap.

If it is true, and both Morpheus and Neo are alive, well then we are in for some good times. :D

Anonymous

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2007, 04:34:12 pm »

Offline Manic Velocity

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • Pod Goo & Tonic
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2007, 06:35:00 pm »
Quote from: "The Kid"
When does belief become fact?

This single line shows how misguided EPN is.  I appreciate their efforts, and their code pulse devices are certainly proving useful to a point.  But anyone who thinks that beliefs can eventually become fact is setting themselves up for a major bust.

A belief is just that.  It can neither be proven, nor disproven.  To prove or disprove a belief would destroy it.  It's something people feel beyond reason and comprehension.

EPN wants Neo's body returned?  And what happens then?  Paying homage to a lifeless body isn't going to stop other very real threats from arising, and it's not going to protect Zion.  They'll have nothing left to fight for, and nothing left to believe in.  The organization is digging its own grave.

Anonymous

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2007, 06:53:56 pm »
I disagree with EPN's methods. They threaten to tear the truce apart. Although... nothing much was holding it together to begin with. There is one thing though. IF... Neo is alive he is the one person who can solidify the truce. We are at the mercy of the machines. If they saw fit they could destroy Zion and humanity at a whim. If you think from a machines perspective. The truce is inefficient. They have no real purpose to uphold the truce only a promise they made. What is a promise to a machine? Especially when humans break them so easily. If Neo were alive and back in Zion then the machines would think twice about breaking the truce. At least we wouldn't be at the mercy of the toasters.

Offline Jeyk

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • http://www.followtheangel.org
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2007, 10:56:32 pm »
The direction this story is taking is indeed looking interesting.

If they are keeping him alive and held prisoner, is it safe to assume that this prevents another anomaly (The "One") from occuring ever again?  Since his RSI fragments were left in the Matrix, according to the "Hunt for The One" event, does that constitute the dissemination of his code, as the Architect stated would occur?

I can't quite rationalize why they would bother keeping him prisoner, much less alive.  Experimentation of some sort, perhaps?  But what could they learn from him that they couldn't before, when they enslaved humans in the first place?

I wonder how much of a stake the Wachowskis have in this story arc.  Either way, looks like fun stuff.

Offline Anamodiel

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2007, 11:01:57 pm »

I wonder how much of a stake the Wachowskis have in this story arc. Either way, looks like fun stuff.

Rarebit actually said that they revised the story to be more Matrixy. Paul Chadwick had to talk with the Brothers W and see if it was OK with them. They gave the green light on some stuff, but not some other ideas.

So, they have a pretty big stake. If it's approved by them, it should be pretty good. Should.

...And we will strike down upon those of Darkness, with great vengeance and Furious Anger, those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.

Offline Subb

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2007, 03:57:48 am »
Has it ever occured to some of you that the machines may want to keep Neo's body so they can pay tribute? I mean, okay they are AI, and shouldn't feel anything but he saved them etc. and maybe.... just maybe, they feel that Neo belongs with them.

If this is true, I say stuff 'em :D they can have his sodding code, but we want his body.... if he is alive; re-insert him and we'll find him.

One way or another; I hope we find him.

Anonymous

« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2007, 06:15:32 am »
I don't understand where the story is supposed to go from here.  I is confused.

Offline Anamodiel

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2007, 09:24:46 am »
Quote from: "Subb"
Has it ever occured to some of you that the machines may want to keep Neo's body so they can pay tribute? I mean, okay they are AI, and shouldn't feel anything but he saved them etc. and maybe.... just maybe, they feel that Neo belongs with them.

If this is true, I say stuff 'em :D they can have his sodding code, but we want his body.... if he is alive; re-insert him and we'll find him.

One way or another; I hope we find him.

The Machines base their civilization on knowledge and efficiency, correct?

Why, then, would they worship (worshiping does not accomplish anything and is not productive; it would be a waste of time) something such as an inefficient dead body that has no material use anymore? It seems totally contradictory. Neo's time was up once he defeated Smith; he had no more relevant purpose to the Machines (except, maybe, some testing, but that doesn't seem that plausible, either, because they did write the code that governed "The One" as a system of control).

I'm sure we'll figure out why they're keeping him once "Morpheus" (come on, he's a simulacra made by the General) comes back.

...And we will strike down upon those of Darkness, with great vengeance and Furious Anger, those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.

Offline Adad

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2007, 12:14:57 pm »
Remember way back when he was first training and Tank called him a machine...perhaps he was a machine all along and he belongs to with them and we should leave it alone....

OK I'm totally kidding, but like most of the events, perhaps it is best we just wait and see.  Keep our eyes open and figure this out as it unfolds some more.

* Discord

Calendar

March 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 100
  • Dot Hidden: 0