New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

The Quest Pro by Strod
[October 13, 2022, 01:16:51 pm]

No Man's Sky Beyond VR by Tbone
[September 24, 2022, 04:47:52 pm]

Author Topic: With a heavy heart....  (Read 2419 times)

Offline Aiyla

• Recruit
    • View Profile
With a heavy heart....
« on: June 21, 2012, 10:26:47 pm »
The following lines are not easy, but I need todo it. I need time away from the game, quite possible forever. And I think you deserve an
explanation

a) most importantly - the longer I played, the less I could connect to the game. Specifically I felt less and less like a Jedi Knight, even less so a Guardian. The quests on a plante were too linear,my own decisions irrelevant  - what grated most I had reached Light V, but each and every time I tried to convince an oponent to give in, it ended in combat - I could very well have forgone the dialogue and attack imediately.
Worse, if those choices had made a difference, the game FAILED to point out I had MADE a difference. Questing in general is a fail - even vanilla WoW had more diversity in questing.

b) maybe it's me, but Guardian sucks for leveling. I have no problems if it takes long, but something is wrong if it's more sensible to take a DPS companion over the healer. In both cases you have downtimes, but the mobs die faster with a DPS at your side. I love the concept of the class, but it  takes too much damage, and is lacking mobility.

c) compared to other games - I suck at this one. For me there are too many abilities as part of your rotation - and to be good there is not enough margin for error in hitting the buttons at the right time in the right order,  as there is no autoattack.

d) finally, for a game that revolves so much around story - the story, at least for me, is a big fail. The first chapter was excellent, but then the designers simply overdid it with "you are the HERO", you are "going to KILL THE EMPEROR"... hurray, directly after you had difficulties destroying a couple of droids on Corellia....

e) I does not help that currently - and for the foreseeable future - I have a hard time to get more then 90min/day set asisde for gaming.

Had it not been for Darkangels help Tuesday evening I might have deleted my character in rage after wiping 90min on the Emperor. I was raging, not because it was difficult - but because it was a chaotic 30second DPS race
instead of a long drawn epic fight involving a couple of "intelligent" choices.

Had it not been for this guild, for the kindness of Anamodiel and Lik, for the energy of Tbone ... I would have quit long ago. But for the moment I at least need a break, and I really have no idea if I can come back.

It was so nice getting to know you a bit
thank you for the time with you
good luck
and may the force be with you
Aiyla

Offline Mharz

• Angelic Wrath
    • View Profile
Re: With a heavy heart....
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2012, 10:35:44 pm »
Take a break, relax, reflect and refocus.  

We'll keep the light on for you.

Offline Longboard

• RIFTER
  • Angelic Wrath
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2012, 10:38:12 pm »
Remember that leaving the game or taking a break does not mean you need to leave FA. You might like TSW, which FA will also have a presences in.

Whatever happens, good luck to you.

Take care :-)

"It's my hokey religion, you can have your blaster!"

Offline Manic Velocity

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • Pod Goo & Tonic
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2012, 10:47:19 pm »
Sucks to see you go.  Take care of yourself.

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thefuriousangels.com
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2012, 01:03:33 am »
Also keep in mind there's a good bit of end game content, and a lot of the teamwork and social aspects of the game really come to the forefront when doing end game. Even if you aren't a raider or a PvPer, these guild events provide a fun time gaming with friends, and so even if the game itself doesn't provide the solo experience anymore, it may be worth exploring the group play.

I understand taking a break but hope to see you back sooner rather than later!

* Discord

Calendar

March 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 126
  • Dot Hidden: 0