New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

The Quest Pro by Strod
[October 13, 2022, 01:16:51 pm]

No Man's Sky Beyond VR by Tbone
[September 24, 2022, 04:47:52 pm]

Author Topic: Questions:  (Read 734 times)

Anonymous

Questions:
« on: February 13, 2005, 10:17:52 pm »
I have many questions regarding MxO and its ingame functions.  Instead of posting 300 different threads with different questions, I will add them here in this thread.

1-I am looking for martial arts expertise.  Where can I find a martial arts vendor that sells this?

2-It appears that I do not fully understand the system for traveling around the city in the Matrix.  Is there any rhyme or reason to getting to where you'd like to go or is it simply a matter of stumbling upon the right hardlines and subways by accident?  Any tips and/or instructions would be greatly appreciated.

Anonymous

Questions:
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2005, 10:38:31 pm »
1) i don't know of any vendors that sell that ability. your best bet is to have a coder make one for you.

2) Most hardlines are located next to useful areas in the game, such as a data node (used for coding), a subway (used to getting to places you can't just run to, like the International district, also used when hardlines are not functional), an access node, or vendors. Hardlines are also your connection to the real world. While you can call up your teammates on a cell phone, you need a hardline that is connected phsyically to the matrix to load up and switch out abilities and such. They also teleport you to another area by taking the code of your RSI and moving it to a different location.

Hope that helped some :)

Anonymous

Questions:
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2005, 11:33:25 pm »
Thanks Grim.  That much I was aware of.  However, I am trying to get from say, Mara to downtown, but have not yet been successful in finding a path there via hardline or subway.

Anonymous

Questions:
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2005, 12:19:03 am »
there is a subway line that goes there, although i'm not sure which. if you go to any subway, it will show you a map of which colored lines go where. the downtown and international subway lines will go off the map. international is the blue line; i don't recall which ones takes you to downtown.

Anonymous

Questions:
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2005, 05:47:48 am »
1-I am looking for martial arts expertise. Where can I find a martial arts vendor that sells this?

2-It appears that I do not fully understand the system for traveling around the city in the Matrix. Is there any rhyme or reason to getting to where you'd like to go or is it simply a matter of stumbling upon the right hardlines and subways by accident? Any tips and/or instructions would be greatly appreciated.

1. Ok, You can get a coder to code that for you like Grim said or you can get Martial expertise at the Stamos NW  hardline.  there is an operative vendor that  sells it.

2.  You three main types of travelling are :-

Hyperjump / Hyper Sprint / On foot :  Self explanitory.  If you in need to get somwhere and a hardline or subway aint working take off on foot.

Subway.:  These are essential for accessing downtown and the international district.  

To get to downtown take the yellow line near  tabor park east.

To get to international take the blue line at camon heights.

You will need to find harlines at these places so use teh CLS locator on this page on teh left hand side under the beta block.  You can find harlines, Access nodes, vendors .. nearly everything!

Hardline:  I'm sure you've been using this the first day you entered the matrix.  Nothin much to say on this travel method other than it's a good exit to another area.  Again use the CLS and search for your nearest hardline :)

Hope this helps!  Anymore questions ask away and we'll try and help! :p

* Discord

Calendar

March 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30

No calendar events were found.

* Who's Online