Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Author Topic: TS guidelines.  (Read 7300 times)

Offline Ketamininja

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
TS guidelines.
« on: October 15, 2004, 08:03:24 am »
Hey hey,

I think we need some guidelines set up in TeamSpeak.
I'm making this thread because of the "Eligoh's Resignation" thread, where he says he was ignored on TS.

Well, to be honest, sometimes I am ignored. Sometimes.
Then again I suppose we are all ignored at some point.

Anyway, one of the most frequent problems I have on TS is locating other users. I frequently ask someone for their coordinates (using map), but rarely get a reply. Trying to team up with people I find difficult as well, as they all want to do their own things.

I suggest that we get something sorted where we need to group together. I appreciate the fact that some members are loners, but I feel the majority want to be working with another member, after all we are all in the same clan!

I don't want to grumble too much on this, but any ingame requests should be answered please. Does anyone have any suggestions to help in these situations?

I'm a total frickin rock star from mars.
C'mon bro, I got tiger blood.

Anonymous

TS guidelines.
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2004, 08:23:03 am »
Weelllllllllll......

In the past I created an in depth TS etiquette guide that could benefit the faction, in the past I might have posted a link here but sadly I've lost all hope in faction wide communication aid.  Too bad other 'Important people' failed  to take initiative early on.

Anonymous

TS guidelines.
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2004, 08:26:05 am »
This is what happens to me:

1) Someone starts narrating everything they're doing in the game, at home, whatever.
2) My random bs filter kicks in and I start ignoring everything that person is saying. If they have an especially annoying voice or a really bad microphone, I mute them.

It's habit with me. Among the various things I did for the gov't was coordinate fire support at the regimental level. That meant at times that I was talking on three different types of radios, hammering away at three different data devices and with my free hand (haha) directing incoming aircraft with my lightsaber while making sure the boot next to me isn't illuminating the grass in front of us with the mule. So... I don't have a very high tolerance for inconsequential voice traffic when I'm busy.

The game doesn't condone grouping - or hasn't. The latest patch were things have gotten tougher due to hyperdodge being somewhat fixed makes the party of two + healer a fairly attractive option. The other problem is that characters of varying levels do not group well due to the way that info and xp is divided (with the lion's share going to the higher level char).

I agree that ingame requests should be answered, but I think that that (currently) works both ways. If someone asks to join a group where there are already four people, and that group says no, the person that wanted to join should absolutely not view it as something personal - sometimes having too many is a nightmare. Anyone remember the access node hunt and trying to keep people together? Too many disconnect/latency/etc. issues. A small group is managable and fun. A large one is not.

And yeah. If everyone followed Sev's guide, I'd never ignore anyone.

Anonymous

TS guidelines.
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2004, 08:39:59 am »
That's understandable, but I hate it when I join TS, and I hear like 3 ppl talking; I ask a question, and absolutely no one responds...

It's the worst feeling ever...

Anonymous

TS guidelines.
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2004, 08:53:27 am »
I echo most of Gillette's comments.

I don't like TS because there always someone that goes on and rambles/complains about every single aspect of the game.  Some people just don't have any kind of "mental filter", everything that goes through their heads they say on TS.

I wish we could hear more interesting things.  Things that can benefit others.  Stuff like an area being down, something new in the game, tricks, etc.   Not "Oh no !  My inventory is full" or "Damn I can't find the stairs".  Nobody cares !

Just my two cents.

Anonymous

TS guidelines.
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2004, 09:13:48 am »
I'm usually ignored...and I often turn off TS while playing because I often don't get any response any way, and the constant chatter gives me a headache..

So far I've done a couple of mission with HD, but thats about it. I've asked on the Decerto forum if anyone is interested in some team missions tonight and saturday, and so far at least HD is with me.

About turning off beacuse it gives me a headache...it really is annoying. There must be some alternative to staying on TS all the time just to be available. I really can't take the neverending chatting that is totally irrelevant to what I'm doing at the moment.

Sure...if I'm doing a mission with someone TS contact is practical, unless we are using the chat.

Is there any way we can have players create temporary private channels? This would help a lot, as those who were teaming would just hear eachother, and not another one doing a solo mission telling everyone about what is happening, and another team chatting like crazy trying to find eachother.

Anonymous

TS guidelines.
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2004, 09:25:29 am »
Well, there are the gaming rooms, and a few of them are usually empty.

Anonymous

TS guidelines.
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2004, 09:37:28 am »
noob TS question: I register with server, but next time I logon I have to be registered again...? And how do I get into a gaming room without being registered? pls hlp ppl

Anonymous

TS guidelines.
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2004, 10:03:26 am »
When you relog into TS, change your log-in information to that of the information you are registering with.

Anonymous

TS guidelines.
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2004, 10:09:42 am »
Yea I agree with a lot of the posts here, theres nothing worse then getting your ass kicked and someone is listing all the bugs they've encountered. Or talking about clothes... I hate that.

Perhaps we should have a room dedicated to real game talk only, as in no small chat.

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thefuriousangels.com
TS guidelines.
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2004, 10:57:15 am »
All of the gaming rooms are dedicated to game communications only. The lobby is for general chat. If you find yourself annoyed, make sure that you are not in the Lobby while playing. Go into a Gaming Room. If someone follows you in there and continues to annoy you, let me know. As for grouping together, it is better to find someone at the beginning of the play session. Right now the game is not very group-oriented. They still need to implement a lot of group functions. I suggest finding people that you enjoy gaming with in the faction and stick with them. The Hovercrafts will come from those gaming groups.

Offline Broin

• Second-in-Command
  • VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
TS guidelines.
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2004, 11:32:09 am »
I agree with Gilette there is quite a bit of unnecessary comments, (Nix that there is just way to much unnecessary and irrelevant comments), and yes the game is structured right now so that people who are at various levels don't group well, and xp and info doesn't work well with more than 3 people right now.  Everyone should understand that it is not that higher level characters don't want to group with the lower ones it is just the game is not set up that way yet.  I often go onto TS and see what is going on during game time and if someone of my level is around I'll join up with them but if they are busy doing something else with someone else no problem.  I think the main beef people have is that when you come onto TS and ask a question sometimes you don't get a response.  I think a concerted effort does need to be made by everyone to greet those who come onto TS and answer any VALID question.  Don't be offended though if people don't group with you.  If you want to get in on a group get there early and make it known before the game starts, or PM someone and let them know when you will be playing so you can set it all up.

Go ahead, make my day.

Anonymous

TS guidelines.
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2004, 11:46:02 am »
For now, I'm always ignored on TS. Whenever I come in the lobby to chat, no one is answering or they say they are busy. When I then ask what they are doing in there if they are not gonna talk, they say because they can.

When it's time to play, no one wants to team up with me. I'm told to stay out of the gaming rooms, but I guess I can understand that.

Needless to say, I agree. If things improve, I can come back on the TS server.

Anonymous

TS guidelines.
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2004, 12:28:58 pm »
I know that there not always full and some of  them don't get used often, but I've noticed that  quite a few times in TS I wanted to go into and empty Gaming Room and they all had a number of people in each. Perhaps you could add more?

Offline Ketamininja

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
TS guidelines.
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2004, 02:45:29 pm »
Ok.
I think it might be wise to move back to hovercraft naming conventions on TS?
That way, we should go to the appropriate room. As it is our ship, other members (especially capt is there) in the ship should ensure that all members in that channel are grouped with someone.

Grouping may not be a great utility just now, but (a) we are beta testing and (b) we do need to get grouping working well for when PvP starts. I don't wanna be asking for coordinates and not get an answer to where my teammates are whilst 3 Machinst guys are beating down on me.

If hvcft have too many people on them for one group, then make two groups. I think it should be priority in a dangerous world where we have enemies before we play!

XP varies over different player levels... it messes up. Well ok, but are you really bothered about getting to lvl 50 in beta, just to have it all erased? Yes, its nice to get there, try different abilities etc, but I think the clan should come first in the game - thats why we're all here right?

And yes, I agree people should follow TS instructions. Its important. Lobby is fine for chat, I usually hang around there - true. Game channels should mos def be strict about TS rules.

I'm a total frickin rock star from mars.
C'mon bro, I got tiger blood.

* Discord

Calendar

April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30

No calendar events were found.

* Who's Online