Author Topic: Praty!  (Read 7381 times)

Offline Manic Velocity

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • Pod Goo & Tonic
Praty!
« on: June 20, 2005, 12:42:08 pm »
That's right, I said "praty".

Anyway, we should hold a party.  Everyone's invited, and come in uniform.  Leave your guns and egos at the door.  Everyone socialize, welcome and get to know any new redpills, listen to some good (and maybe not so good) music, and maybe have a contest or two.  I think this could help get FA's name back out there in a positive way.

I've set up my mac as a virtual radio station.  I can play music, take phone calls through Skype, do a little talk, etc. and broadcast it all.  People could listen through MxO if they're tired of Awakened Radio.

Anyone have any ideas on a where and when?  I was thinking maybe this weekend to celebrate the upcoming event.

Ideas?

Offline Fuse

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • http://www.lostlocalhost.com
Praty!
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2005, 12:49:30 pm »
ok, first reply and I'm already off-topic, but...
What kind of upload speed do you have to host a stream? I had a stream setup but only have like a 300-400 up speed.

Anonymous

Praty!
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2005, 01:43:39 pm »
heh i tried to host a party, for fa only, it was going to be this past saturday, but no one was really interested. good luck

Anonymous

Praty!
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2005, 01:46:01 pm »
Where? Anywhere. When? ASAP. This is something that needs to happen....

Anonymous

Praty!
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2005, 01:46:06 pm »
Damnit!!! Grim why didnt you make an all caps post come or die.  I would have totally come to the party, and i apologize for forgetting.  I will now be forced to rez that thread *goes searching*

Offline Manic Velocity

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • Pod Goo & Tonic
Praty!
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2005, 02:57:33 pm »
Quote from: "Fuse"
ok, first reply and I'm already off-topic, but...
What kind of upload speed do you have to host a stream? I had a stream setup but only have like a 300-400 up speed.

Not off-topic at all.  It's a valid concern.  :)

I have a friend who works at a local ISP here in Utah, and he lends out their huge pipes to local DJs every now and then and hosts his own show every sunday.  I can convince him to let me use the server for a couple hours some night.

And now that I think about it, it might be best to make this Zion only.  People say there are too many Zions on Enumerator, but all I ever see are reds.  If we pack enough Zion influence into a club, we can snuff out any reds that try to come in.

And yeah Grim, you gotta keep us up to date.  I totally would have shown up!

I think either this Friday or Saturday (24th or the 25th) would be cool.  Let's celebrate the weekend and latest event.  I'll check out decent clubs.  I'd suggest we spread this around via tells to other Zions.  Keep it off the MxO boards, just to help keep too many reds from hearing about it.  No doubt they will show up anyway, but let's do our best to keep them from catching wind of it.

Offline Avzeke (Khr0n1k)

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
Praty!
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2005, 03:00:19 pm »
I dont know if you people have seen the new cool player events that people starting the ones so far have been called "kill rage" and "the hunt for midnight" but basically what goes down is that you have a person hide anywhere in the matix and then you give clues to this persons location and then you have to go find the person and kill them and the person who kills them gets a shit load of info. I think we should do this on our server be the first. So far as i know it has only happened on method and iterator.

Topherous Jedi Sentinel
Artifice, Archaeology, Treasure Hunting

Offline Styan

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • http://www.sullycentral.net
Praty!
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2005, 03:25:27 pm »
Might be working this weekend but im in.

Anonymous

Praty!
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2005, 06:45:50 pm »
Yea that Midnight event looks really cool.  Hope all goes well.

Offline Manic Velocity

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • Pod Goo & Tonic
Praty!
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2005, 10:25:59 pm »
Quote from: "Khr0n1k"
I don't know if you people have seen the new cool player events that people starting the ones so far have been called "kill rage" and "the hunt for midnight" but basically what goes down is that you have a person hide anywhere in the matix and then you give clues to this persons location and then you have to go find the person and kill them and the person who kills them gets a shit load of info. I think we should do this on our server be the first. So far as I know it has only happened on method and iterator.

Agreed.  We should do one of these as well.

Ok, I've got permission to use the broadcast server.  I got to thinking about it and figured it would be a better idea to post this event on the MxO boards, despite the possibility for sabotage.  That way we can better explain the radio station and how people can call in.  Hopefully people will be civil if we convey a peaceful attitude.

I'm considering around 8 or 9 PM mountain standard time on Friday.  I've never been one for time zones, so you guys will have to figure that out on your own.

Now all we need is a place, and then I'll make an official announcement.

Anonymous

Praty!
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2005, 10:45:20 pm »
WOOT WOOT!!! Non PvP fun is all good to me. I'll be happy to get back to parties and stuff. Finally RP for a change. I'll be there if I'm not working. Let me know if there's anything you need help with, I'll be happy to help.

Offline Manic Velocity

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • Pod Goo & Tonic
Praty!
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2005, 09:41:32 am »
Whoops.  My bad, it's Saturday.  Same time.

I can't for the life of me find time to go search for a decent party spot.  It will be somewhere in International or one of the lower level Downtown areas.  I'm getting so sick of Richland it's not even funny anymore.

If anyone would like to suggest music, please do so now.  I'll get what I can before Saturday.  I don't have the best taste in music, but I've picked out about 500 songs of my best stuff.  Mostly techno/dance, and some rock.

Anonymous

Praty!
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2005, 10:23:08 am »
well, the other party we were going to have was going to be at club masamune. it's pretty, very green.

as for music, i will donate. i have about 3000 songs (lots of soundtracks, lots of a  acapella, but some party music as well). screem helped me get an ftp server up for my music, so if you'd like the ip address and so forth, gimme a shout!! :)

Offline Fuse

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • http://www.lostlocalhost.com
Praty!
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2005, 10:25:52 am »
If it's a shoutcast server I can DJ for the night. *shrug*

Offline Manic Velocity

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • Pod Goo & Tonic
Praty!
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2005, 11:13:46 am »
Grim:  By all means, send me a PM.  :)

Fuse:  I'll be DJ'ing, but thanks for the offer.  I just wouldn't feel comfortable giving out the password to a server that isn't my own.

Btw, if anyone from FA is planning on calling in, download Skype and add 'manicvelocity' to your contacts.

* Discord

Calendar

April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30

No calendar events were found.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 24