Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Author Topic: The LOST Thread  (Read 36464 times)

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thefuriousangels.com
The LOST Thread
« Reply #210 on: March 09, 2010, 11:34:34 pm »
If you'll remember, he also said "they're coming" as he was stabbed.

Offline Tecknik

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
The LOST Thread
« Reply #211 on: March 12, 2010, 03:48:51 pm »
According to an article bit on Lost on io9.com, the producers have said that Kate is not a candidate.  

http://io9.com/5490744/an-actors-enigmatic-hints-that-hes-christopher-nolans-riddler-and-a-possible-new-lost+star-wars-connection  (Scroll down, or CTRL-F to "Lost")

According to the Lostpedia wiki, Carlton Cuse has confirmed that Kate's name is crossed out, but it didn't make the final cut.  However... It says 51 was the name Austen, and was not crossed out.  It says it could be referring to Sam (The man Kate thought was her biological father), or Aaron (who went by the name Aaron Austen).

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
The LOST Thread
« Reply #212 on: March 12, 2010, 04:00:21 pm »
Yeah, I saw that interview where he said that Kate's name was on the wall, but the editing room just didn't include it in the final cut. He says the name was crossed out, but I almost think he said that by mistake. Even if it was by mistake, chances are she isn't going to be "the one"...lol.

Offline Jeyk

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • http://www.followtheangel.org
The LOST Thread
« Reply #213 on: March 12, 2010, 06:51:13 pm »
Speaking of Kate, why isn't she dead yet?  Worthless character.

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
The LOST Thread
« Reply #214 on: March 12, 2010, 07:30:45 pm »
Because of the stupid love triangle. And maybe so crazy Claire can kill her.

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
The LOST Thread
« Reply #215 on: March 23, 2010, 09:03:16 pm »
So the latest episode, while not saying too much, indirectly got a lot clearer on a few points. Spoilers ahead...

Despite there being the possibility of deceit on both sides of the fence here, what we've discovered is that the island is a prison for a dark force or evil or hell incarnate, presumably MiB. Jacob's job is to keep the evil contained to the island, because if it were to escape, the corruption would spread throughout humanity and the world. They went as far as to call MiB the Devil and the island hell in this last episode.

To pass the time, Jacob and the Devil have an ongoing argument about whether man can withstand the lure of corruption without interference. Jacob sounds very similar to the theory about God creating and then giving man free will. Jacob brings man to the island to see how he can fare against corruption without directly getting involved. The Devil, however, tries to manipulate and corrupt man. So Jacob brings people to the island for his experiment, and more recently as a replacement for if/when he is killed.

A few other interesting things. MiB has talked several times about how he was once just a regular man. Now he says that Jacob took his humanity away from him. Also, the description of how to kill Jacob was the same description of how to kill MiB. Ben killed Jacob well after Jacob started talking to him, though.

One very interesting thing is the flash sideways. In the flash sideways, the island is sunk, implying it is no longer acting as a prison for the evil. Does this mean that in our flash sideways, the dark force is free and spreading? Or did something else happen that made the island obsolete? Either way, it adds more weight to the fact that the island is done for. It definitely looks like the flash sideways are what happens AFTER the series finale and not what would have happened if the bomb had gone off.

Offline Pirus

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
The LOST Thread
« Reply #216 on: March 27, 2010, 08:14:54 am »
woot not a huge fan of the show but I did see the studio and certain areas of the island where Lost is filmed... *went to Hawaii for my honeymoon*

Offline Jeyk

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
The LOST Thread
« Reply #217 on: March 27, 2010, 12:54:28 pm »
Pirus, you survived the wedding!  Congratulations, brother. :)  Did you see any filming take place?

Offline Pirus

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
The LOST Thread
« Reply #218 on: April 04, 2010, 05:47:19 pm »
Nah went by on a sunday... not sure if they would be filming then or not but I thought it was rather interesting to atleast see the place.  It was a shame I didn't see any T-rex's or Raptor's around either but im not sure which island jurassic park was filmed on.  Yeah I survived the wedding now the trick will be to survive the next 60 some odd years... omg what have I done. lol

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
The LOST Thread
« Reply #219 on: April 04, 2010, 05:51:39 pm »
I feel so FRREEEE!

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
The LOST Thread
« Reply #220 on: April 06, 2010, 09:14:06 pm »
A couple of interesting things from tonight's episode (Desmond). Almost the entire episode was Desmond in the alternate timeline. Spoilers ahead:

So Widmore puts Desmond in an electromagnetic chamber to make sure that he can survive it for some other purpose (we're told, anyway). This jolts Desmond into the alternate timeline with no knowledge of the island (much like the others). Here's what is clarified it seems...

Having a near death experience in either timeline seems to show clues about the other timeline. The clue you see has to do with your constant/your love. Charlie sees Claire while choking on the heroin and Desmond sees a Penny reference. Near death doesn't seem to be the only way. Daniel sees Charlotte which triggers him writing out a quantum formula in his sleep about the island timeline. Desmond also sees more of Penny while getting an MRI (exposure to electromagnetism). Now Charlie, Desmond, and Daniel are "awake" in the alternate timeline, though somehow Daniel knows a lot more than he should (as far as saying that he thinks he set off a nuclear bomb and that it changed everything...no answer as to how he could be that specific, except...)

Charles Widmore and Eloise seem to be aware of the alternate timelines. Alternate Eloise for sure seemed to hint that she knew exactly what was going on with Desmond and even went as far as to say "see how well everything turned out for you". Widmore in our island timeline also seems to know about the alternate timeline, as it seems that's what he wanted to show Desmond in order to convince him to help him with whatever comes next.

So the people who are aware of the other timeline:

ON ISLAND: Desmond, Widmore, maybe Eloise (though she isn't on the island)

ALTERNATE TIMELINE: Desmond, Eloise, probably Widmore, Charlie, Daniel

An interesting note. Everyone except for Desmond, Widmore, and Eloise who is "awake" in the alternate timeline is dead on the island. Also, we have not seen Juliet in the alternate timeline yet, and since her island self seemed to be aware before she died, she might also be somewhat aware of the island.

So now alternate Desmond is going to try and wake up the other passengers of the flight (so he seems to be awake enough to know that the plane had something to do with it) I'm guessing through either near death, electromagnetism, or figuring out who they love. Meanwhile island Desmond might be trying to do a similar thing with Widmore (or do something to get rid of MiB and get everybody to their happily-ever-after timeline). So is Widmore's endgame to get everyone's consciousness to the alternate timeline? Are we rooting for him now? Jacob seemed to want Desmond to get to the island to, so I guess we can put Widmore in the good guy corner.

This episode seems to debunk my theory that the alternate timeline is what happens after the series finale event (Daniel stated the bomb was the cause), though you can't quite rule out that the series finale gets everyone on the same page (or same universe, as it is).

Also interesting is that even though not much seemed to be answered for Desmond in his flash to the sideways world, he awoke back on the island with this calm about him. It reminded me a lot of Locke's weird calmness when he was possessed by MiB. Desmond didn't even flinch when evil Sayid "rescued" him from Widmore at the end.

As a matter of fact, Desmond kinda had a Jacob-esq calm to him...hmmmmmm....

Offline Jeyk

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
The LOST Thread
« Reply #221 on: April 24, 2010, 08:29:11 pm »

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
The LOST Thread
« Reply #222 on: May 04, 2010, 07:24:26 pm »
Holy crap...at 8:00 my cable went out (TV and internet) and didn't come back on until 8:45 with Lost starting at 9! I was so scared! I had comcast on hold when it came back on. I'm really nervous it is going to go out again!! Lost in 12 minutes!!!

Offline Anamodiel

• Staff
    • View Profile
The LOST Thread
« Reply #223 on: May 04, 2010, 07:30:59 pm »
AAAAHHHHHHHHH.

Actually, I predict this episode will be another set-up episode for the next episode, which was written by Lindelof and Cuse. This one was written by the same two who did Recon.

And, sadly, I saw the title of the next two episodes after this one. Needless to say, I feel they spoiled things for me.

...And we will strike down upon those of Darkness, with great vengeance and Furious Anger, those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.

Offline Adad

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
The LOST Thread
« Reply #224 on: May 04, 2010, 08:35:08 pm »
That was DEpressing... wow I teared up during the Jin Sun scene... :(

* Discord

Calendar

April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13