Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Author Topic: DK2 Demo Reviews  (Read 4632 times)

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thefuriousangels.com
DK2 Demo Reviews
« on: August 28, 2014, 04:50:10 pm »
I'm going to try and keep track of this, both for the VR Awards I'm judging and so you guys know what to check out and how to run it. Currently all games/demos are being run in extended mode while seated. Some are probably better while standing, but I haven't felt like moving my positional tracking camera around yet.  Here we go!

* = must have!

• 4th Floor Studio - It's a architect model
  • AaAaaaaAwesome - Finicky to get working - worth checking out! It's pretty short, but you fall and get points for falling through things.
  • Archvision Kitchen - walk around in a neat model of a kitchen
  • Battle of Endor - can't get it to work
  • Buddha Clubotron - trippy - better if you have Hydras, I think. You just walk around a dance club
  • *Chilling Space - very relaxing! floating around in space
  • Cityscape - similar to Blocked In. You're in a futuristic apartment looking out the window at a cityscape
  • *Couch Knights - My brother and I got this working on multiplayer! Lots of fun and a must try!
  • Crashed Lander - can't get it to work
  • *CyberSpace - good at tricking your brain into thinking you are on the ride. Good luck not getting dizzy on this one!
  • DeGrosseGottlieb - You're on a chair high up in the clouds. Interesting, but not much to do
  • Digital Rain - kinda neat, but has judder or black smear
  • *DolphinVR - play your favorite SNES/N64/Gamecube/Wii games in Virtual Reality! Each game works at varying degrees of success, but I'm currently going through all of Paper Mario: 1000 Year Door because it works so well!
  • *Elite Dangerous - has to be run with service paused - $75 beta. One of the best experiences you can have right now. $75 is a steep entry fee, though, and it still needs optimization to maintain 75 fps as well as a few other bugs for certain users. Space sim MMO!
  • Faceted Flight - simple but effective flight demo. You fly through as many rings as you can in the time allotted. The flight physics aren't realistic, but the cockpit is interesting.
  • Falcon - walk around the Millennium Falcon. Worth a quick look, but it's essentially just walking around a 3D model
  • First Law - one of the first space flight demos. Cockpit looks great and you can spawn enemies to shoot! The flight controls are a little off and can make you feel a little woozy.
  • *JanusVR - must have! I could spend hours exploring sites on this. Virtual browser with user-made content. Check out our room!
  • *Kite and Lightning - They have several demos at this point (The Cave, a train station, and a VR opera experience. You definitely should check it out, as the graphics are pretty interesting (they splice real 3D video into the game a la Myst). Still a little work to be done for their DK2 support, though.
  • Lava Inc Coaster - roller coaster with interesting positional tracking controls. It will make you dizzy.
  • Kokiri Forest - Do you like Legend of Zelda? Run around Kokiri Forest in VR then!
  • Kon Tiki - you're on a boat and can walk around
  • *LiveViewRift - currently my favorite media player. It's really good at giving you options to get the screen looking just right! Not sure why it looks better than everything else I've used - just does! Make sure you have it!
  • *MatrixVR - yup, someone did it. They recreated several scenes from the movie (with voiceover included) with you as the role of Neo. Definitely check it out!
  • Mikilus Entertainment Sphere (MESS) - They dance and you can change the lights. Big in Japan I guess
  • *Mikulus - You can walk around and look at a high-res model. I actually highly recommend this even though it is simple. The detail on the model is pretty cool and this really showcases positional tracking.
  • *Minecrift - If you have Minecraft, you have to get this. Looks great in the DK2! There's a Metacraft server just for this mod. Current version can cause some weird eye strain for some users (myself included), but hopefully that'll be worked out in the next update!
  • My Neighboor Totoro - based on an anime. Pretty cool.
  • *Ocean Rift - worth experiencing if you didn't on the DK1. Not my favorite DK2 demo just because of the foggy water, but it's on many people's top list
  • Polyrider - You race along a tube to the beat of the music. The music slows or stops depending on your speed. My favorite part is the bullet time jump. Worth checking out!
  • Polyworld - A small fantasy area to explore made of polygons. Worth walking around in as you get your feet wet with the DK2!
  • *Proton Pulse - break blocks with your face! Classic block breaker in 3D! Slight judder in current version, but worth it.
  • *Riftmax - must have for Oculus community events. Multiplayer multiplex experience. They're doing some pretty crazy things with it!
  • *Sightline: The Chair - great intro to VR demo!
  • Solar System Explorer - can't get to work
  • Spacewalk - like being in the movie Gravity! Apparently it can be multiplayer
  • Spirited Away Boiler Room - apparently another anime demo
  • Star Hill - I believe this is a recreation of stage from Mario Galaxy
  • Sublevel Zero - fly around in a ship in a giant, unending tunnel and shoot things. Some people's favorite
  • *Titans of Space - This is much better in the DK2. Fly around in a large model of space.
  • *UE4 Rollercoaster - you gotta pause the service. Really shows off UE4 graphics!
  • Unpossible - similar to Polyrider, but slicker looking
  • *VanguardV - same dev as Proton Pulse. Must check this out! Great demo! Slight judder just like Proton Pulse, but worth it!
  • *Virtual Desktop - just as it says, it creates a giant screen of your desktop when in extended mode. Works great in Windows 8! It's also good for launching VR apps from.
  • *VisiR - music visualizer. Hit play on this and start it up. Use LB/RB to change the visuals. Prepare to have your mind blown!
  • *VRPlayer - another great media player
  • *VRChat - virtual chat for the Oculus community! Must have!
  • *Whirligig - yet ANOTHER great media player! Worth having them all!
« Last Edit: March 25, 2016, 03:55:04 pm by Tbone »

Offline Zero

• RIFTER
  • Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: DK2 Demo Reviews
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2014, 01:03:58 am »
Keep going!  I need to start getting them lined up!

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thefuriousangels.com
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2014, 10:07:00 pm »
I know! I kept changing my setup, so I was worried about posting the wrong settings for some of these. VR Game Manager puts them in alphabetical order now, though, so this should be easier.

Ok, updated it!
« Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 10:59:32 pm by Tbone »

Offline Zero

• RIFTER
  • Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2014, 11:01:38 pm »
Star hill is a recreation of part of Super Mario RPG

* Discord

Calendar

April 2024