Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

The Quest Pro by Strod
[October 13, 2022, 01:16:51 pm]

No Man's Sky Beyond VR by Tbone
[September 24, 2022, 04:47:52 pm]

Half-Life 2 VR mod by Tbone
[September 24, 2022, 04:47:10 pm]

Author Topic: New Film Set in the World of "The Matrix" Announced  (Read 46923 times)

Offline Lithium

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://followtheangel.org
New Film Set in the World of "The Matrix" Announced
« on: August 20, 2019, 09:45:12 pm »
Warner Bros announced an upcoming Matrix movie tonight! As many of you know this faction (as guilds were called in MxO) was formed for the game The Matrix Online. This is exciting news for us, especially since much of the original cast and crew seem to be joining the movie. Here's hoping for a Matrix Online revival someday! Full press release follows:

(August 20, 2019 – Burbank, CA) – Lana Wachowski—the co-creator of the record-breaking and genre-defining world of “The Matrix”—is set to write, direct and produce an all-new film, returning audiences to the reality-bending universe. Keanu Reeves and Carrie-Anne Moss will star in the film, reprising their roles as Neo and Trinity, respectively. Warner Bros. Pictures and Village Roadshow Pictures will produce and globally distribute the film. The announcement was made today by Toby Emmerich, Chairman, Warner Bros. Pictures Group.

“We could not be more excited to be re-entering ‘The Matrix’ with Lana,” said Emmerich. “Lana is a true visionary—a singular and original creative filmmaker—and we are thrilled that she is writing, directing and producing this new chapter in ‘The Matrix’ universe.”

“Many of the ideas Lilly and I explored 20 years ago about our reality are even more relevant now,” said Wachowski. “I’m very happy to have these characters back in my life and grateful for another chance to work with my brilliant friends.”

Wachowski is producing the film together with Grant Hill. The screenplay is by Wachowski, Aleksandar Hemon and David Mitchell.

The three previous films—“The Matrix” (1999), “The Matrix Reloaded” (2003) and “The Matrix Revolutions” (2003)—have earned more than $1.6 billion at the global box office and were all top-10 domestic hits in their respective years of release. “The Matrix Revolutions” was also the first film ever to release simultaneously in every major country at the same hour around the world.

Special 20th-Anniversary screenings of “The Matrix” are being held at select AMC Theatres locations across the U.S., starting August 30.

Wachowski is represented by WME, Circle of Confusion and attorney Peter Grossman. Reeves is represented by WME and Ziffren Brittenham. Moss is represented by WME, longtime manager Elizabeth Hodgson and attorney Bob Lange.

https://www.warnerbros.com/news/press-releases/lana-wachowski-write-and-direct-all-new-film-set-world-matrix-keanu-reeves-and

Don't believe everything you think.

Offline YuriVi

• Furious Angel
    • View Profile
Re: New Film Set in the World of "The Matrix" Announced
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2019, 06:50:49 pm »
that's really awesome news! thanks for the info!!!! I will be on the lookout for it!

Offline Ash

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2019, 09:01:53 am »
What is everyone's thoughts on the upcoming Matrix movie?  Looking forward to it?  or Not?  I'm curious if MxO would be considered cannon. 

"Do not pray for easy lives. Pray to be stronger men"

Offline Subb

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2019, 11:22:09 am »
So, when are we getting the band back together? Hit up the emulator ;)

Offline Lithium

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://followtheangel.org
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2019, 10:16:57 pm »
What is everyone's thoughts on the upcoming Matrix movie?  Looking forward to it?  or Not?  I'm curious if MxO would be considered cannon. 

I think it's one of the least worst outcomes. It's been rumored for years that Warner Bros wanted a reload of the trilogy (no pun intended). I think it was going to happen one way or another with or without the original cast and crew. The fact that they have an original director and creator on-board, plus some or all of the cast, and considering that Keanu is in his prime (so it's not a desperate attempt to become relevant again) gives it a good fighting chance of successfully continuing The Matrix universe in a positive way.

Or maybe I'm way too optimistic!

Don't believe everything you think.

Offline Subb

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2019, 03:28:13 am »
They better have some white suited folk there...

Offline Ash

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2019, 11:17:57 am »
Damn straight!

"Do not pray for easy lives. Pray to be stronger men"

* Discord

Calendar

March 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2