New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

The Quest Pro by Strod
[October 13, 2022, 01:16:51 pm]

No Man's Sky Beyond VR by Tbone
[September 24, 2022, 04:47:52 pm]

Author Topic: So sad...makes me glad I'm here  (Read 10497 times)

Anonymous

So sad...makes me glad I'm here
« on: May 07, 2004, 04:23:05 am »
I'm cruising the official MxO forums in Desert of the Real...  So many people without class, without style, without a clue...  I'm wondering how many of these factions will survive until the game actually ships.  Some of the general or democratic ones are so loose in structure and purpose that they're meaningless.  A few of them look like they could be potential problems, if they manage to survive, like the Underground.  Fortunately, I think they'll make an enemy out of most factions, so I don't imagine they'll stick around.  

Overall, it looks like most of the MxO forums are infested with n00bs, though there are (thankfully) a good number of respectable users and factions out there.  

Reminds me why I joined the FA.  Intelligent members (disregarding the Silly Thread  :wink: ), a wise and level-headed leader, cool and yet realistic goals,  a solid sense of community, and free t-shirts.  Did I leave out anything?  Needless to say, I don't think TBone will have any trouble keeping the faction together for the next few months preceding MxO.  

So, what are all of your thoughts on all the rabble out there?  On the other factions?  The FA?  Kind of an unfocused topic, so post away.

Offline likwidtek

• RIFTER
  • VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • http://omeganerd.com
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2004, 04:59:50 am »
I'm glad you posted about this.  Tbone and myself were chatting about this a little tonight.

First I was patting him on the back for the awesome recipe he cooked up when FA was born.  The recruitment method alone is Step 1 to success.  Step 2 is the caliber of people that find an interest in FA.  Remember… They find us… We don’t find them.  With these two things we see the magic happen.  

After recruitment…  our members are proud to be in such a strong community and show their pride in the official MXO forums and coming SOON… in game.  I am especially pleased with how many of you are keeping up the Desert of the Real threads and keeping so many people interested.

According to tbone, applications are just flooding in.  Now keep in mind.  Not just ANYONE can be admitted.  Just passing the challenge is not enough.  You get all the captains putting your application under the microscope.  So for those of you who made it… CONGRATS!  But don’t gloat just yet.  The challenges haven’t even begun.  It’s a brave new world ahead of us.  If we want to be the leading Zionist movement… we have a lot to think about.

I propose we start strategizing.  What is our game plan?  If you say “just get in there and kick everyone’s ass”, you’re dead wrong.  It is my personal opinion that if we plan on being on top, we need to BE the DEFINITION of what it means to be a Zionist.  We are in a great place ladies and gentlemen.  Do you realize that if we do this right… we will literally construct the DEFINITION of this word.  The game is not even in beta, yet look at us.

How do we get there?  Well I say we are well on our way.  WELL on our way.  But we still have a long way to go.  Since none of us know specifics about the game… we cannot yet start planning out exact game strategy.  But we can start somewhere else.

Now that we are growing quite large, we need to focus on what it means to be THE FURIOUS ANGELS.  We need to make sure that we keep a close eye on ourselves.  We need to ALWAYS conduct ourselves as intelligent, mature, and respectful players and community members.  No matter WHAT.  It is up to you not only as a citizen of Zion but as a member of the Furious Angels to help keep the caliber of FA always above the rest.  This not only means keeping an eye on yourself but keeping an eye out for each other.  I word it as FOR each other and not ON each other for a reason.  We aren’t out to police other crewmembers, we are there to help them grow and learn.

My point is, we all have bore witness to some of the ignorance in the community outside of FA.  We are and always will be above that sort of behavior.  If someone spits in your face, tell me… what is the best payback?  Grin and walk away.  It is the art of war my friends.  And believe me we will soon be at war.  Not only with the machines… but I assure you… our size and strength as a community WILL bring us jealous enemies.  We must be better then those who grief and mock and threaten.  We know that we are stronger.  We know that we are better.  We KNOW that we will be here tomorrow.  We SHALL outlast ALL opposition.  

“We have made our choice and taken our path.  Zion will not fail.”
"To the darkened skies once more and ever onward."

Anonymous

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2004, 05:38:45 am »
Now if that isn't a rousing speech I have no Idea what is. And I am glad to say that I back every single word of it. We need to lead by example, and if that example means you walk away from a fight, then so be it. Remember, A man with no fear cannot be courageous, whereas a coward who stands his ground is the bravest of us all. We must personify this message and hold true to the cause we have taken up. Now is our time.

Anonymous

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2004, 05:41:11 am »
Amen to that, both of you.

Anonymous

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2004, 05:41:16 am »
Your abserloutly right likwidtek, The FA is growing fast, the members are of high caliber and we could be the definition of a Zionist faction, but we still need to keep level-headed and make sure we look out for each other. Alot can happen between now and the realease, we need to make sure we stay together.

Anonymous

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2004, 05:51:10 am »
Quote from: "Ajax"
Remember, A man with no fear cannot be courageous, whereas a coward who stands his ground is the bravest of us all. We must personify this message and hold true to the cause we have taken up. Now is our time.

I really hope the developers implament a way to capture and hold territories in the city... I would fight machinests to the death to hold our turf. We can prove the FA's might, and if we do that we are in a good position to show our compasion and good will.

Anonymous

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2004, 05:55:38 am »
A nice idea, but is that really what we're after?  That would quickly turn MxO into a turf war, and I'm not sure if I would go for that, especially with how many factions want a piece.  

Besides, we should get our own construct at some point, right?

Anonymous

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2004, 06:04:01 am »
That would be really cool if we could have FA contruction programs, and training programs and stuff, is there going to be anything like that?
I Agree with catalyst about the territory, it would be a really good idea, but with all the factions (just check the faction listing in the forum post) it would be constant war, with the faction witht he largest territory being picked on.

So what exactly do we do when we first get ingame.. its not like a normal mmorpg were we can go kill some low level creatures, i guess we have to have tactics and plan raid etc.

Offline likwidtek

• RIFTER
  • VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2004, 06:05:10 am »
yeah... that's gunna be cool to see how they do the construct.  

BUT, I think our goal is to ultimately defend Zion not a piece of digital concrete.  Remember we only hack into the matrix when we have a mission to accomplish.  And I don’t believe the mission should ever be “Hold this street” .

To find peace, we have to end the threat.  How can we do that?  I see it as a paradox.  I think everyone would be fine with making peace with the machines so long as they did not enslave us.  So how do we create peace?  This is the formula.

For them to have peace they need to survive.  They need us to survive.  The only way that they can survive is by enslaving us.

For us to have peace.  We need freedom.  The machines want to enslave us.  The only way we can have freedom is by destroying the machines.

Or is it?

Imagine this my friends.  What if.  The humans and the machines UNITED.  They rose up and coordinated an effort to find an alternative power source.  What if TOGETHER we developed a way to fix the sky?

Imagine.

Anonymous

« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2004, 06:10:44 am »
A good plan, and one I'd support, provided this coincides with the freeing of an increasing number of minds per day until all minds are freed.  And don't forget about letting us rebuild cities, and the like.

What you propose is wise, yet the path is narrow and both sides jaded.  It will take quite some convincing on both sides, and the ability for both sides to change their perspectives.  Still, the root issue is trust.  If they do not willingly free minds, that's where we come in, ya?

Anonymous

« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2004, 06:14:04 am »
That would be a different path to walk down, and unexpected too. So does that mean we only play MxO when we have a mission to do? Or is there a part of the game devoted to being out of the matrix (i havnt found this out from the matrix site because I only got intersted in the game recently and cant find news archives or anything!)

Anonymous

« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2004, 06:23:46 am »
During revoulutions, the architect says that the machines have means to survive without humans, but they would have to 'resort' to those measures, so I think it is kind of a plan B for them. And How do we plan on stopping the machinists from attempting to kill the oracle?, or will she just be invisible. (I mean spirit like, moving around alot)

Anonymous

« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2004, 06:25:13 am »
From what I've read, 99.9% of the game takes place in the Matrix itself.  Any out of Matrix stuff (hovercrafts, Zion, the like) will take place out of game, on boards and forums like this one.  

As for official game-recognized factions and constructs, here's a quote from an interview that can shed some light on the issue.

Here's the relevant part:

"Once a character's Reputation reaches a certain level, that character can become a Captain and form a Crew. Crews are small groups of players who share access to a hovercraft. The hovercraft in turn grants access to a whole host of character benefits.  Crews can team up to form Factions. Factions are The Matrix Online's equivalent of Guilds and are directly loyal to one of the Organizations. Faction members receive many benefits, one of which is the ability to create a Construct. Constructs are small "pocket worlds" that players manage, customize, and defend."

This is so going to rock.

Offline likwidtek

• RIFTER
  • VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2004, 06:45:05 am »
Also, so you know... there is no Zion gameplay at all.  And hovercraft game play I think is only like a menu or something.  (more then likley just your game loading menu, then you actually jack in.)

But yeah tbone designed this faction to follow those rules.  Everyone is assigned to a ship.  Each ship has it's captain.  all ships join together and form a faction. and The Furious Angels is the result of that.

So this prolly is going to be step one in the game.  Everyone is already assigned to a ship with a captain.  It's going to be each ship's goal withing the Furious Angels to get their captains enough reputation to officially get a ship in the game.

Anonymous

« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2004, 06:54:51 am »
lol...I hope the FA's dont decide to take it seriously to the point where we only "jack in" to do what we need to to. Im playing this game for fun over realism to the films (but not blatantly stupid unrealism to the films)

We have no representation of Zion. As someone said its likely to become a forum somewhere, I dont like the idea of us making no difference in the game....we just log on, hack some stuff then once zion is secure log off.....

* Discord

Calendar

March 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30

No calendar events were found.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 188