New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

The Quest Pro by Strod
[October 13, 2022, 01:16:51 pm]

No Man's Sky Beyond VR by Tbone
[September 24, 2022, 04:47:52 pm]

Author Topic: FA Vector Challenge UPDATED PLEASE READ  (Read 31653 times)

Offline Broin

• Second-in-Command
  • VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
FA Vector Challenge UPDATED PLEASE READ
« on: November 14, 2007, 09:23:43 pm »
Starting in December and continuing on at a once a month interval FA will be instituting a FA Vector Challenge.  What does that mean?

It means that at least once a month we are going to issue a challenge to all the REDS on Vector to come and take us out.  What will we do?  

We are going to pick a single place in the Matrix, most beneficial to us of course, and hold that spot for the time period posted on the Vector Boards.  

What are the rules?

There aren't any friggin rules.

The post will look something like this but feel free to think up some ideas and put them here.

Ready to clip some wings?  Well time to put up or shut up Vector.  Words will only take you so far in this world and the rest falls to deeds and actions so if you think you got what it takes time to show it.

On *insert date* and from *insert time-insert time* You'll find us waiting for you inside the Matrix.  We'll pick our spot and if you think you can muscle us out... and keep us out during the time indicated....  Well then just give it a shot.  

What's in it for you?  Nothin' other than the fact you get to come back here and post that you've beatin us at our own game.  That is if you can.

What are the rules?  There are none... This is Vector people PVP central.  Anything goes.

It's an idea we've all talked about before and it's time we get back into the game with a vengeance.  Oh and we are going to schedule this at a time when all members can have a shot at participating... Why?  Because it's gonna be mandatory.  

Once a month isn't asking much so I think we should be able to set it up for a time when we all can be there.

Go ahead, make my day.

Offline Manic Velocity

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • Pod Goo & Tonic
Re: FA Vector Challenge
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2007, 09:55:25 pm »
Damn. Fucking. Straight.

However, and I've expressed this previously, I think the only rule should be that both sides have to unload all hyper-jump abilities.  Bragging rights should be null and void if you flee from battle.  :)

I already have a few good locations in mind.  Remote places that don't necessarily lend well to massive PvP.

Fuckin'-A, this is going to be sweet.

Offline Ash

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2007, 10:08:52 pm »
I actually read this and smiled...I'm so there.  

Quick question:  what would be better?  A definite time and place or just a definite time and the reds have to come find us?  I think it would build the suspense a bit if they had to search for a while to find us.  
I've even come up with a quick idea on how to keep them from discovering us too soon.

If anyone's interested I'll elaborate in a later post.

Hot Dog!! I get to kill again!!

"Do not pray for easy lives. Pray to be stronger men"

Offline Anamodiel

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2007, 10:34:52 pm »
Mandatory? Oh hell yes.

I've been wanting to see people online for a while now!

...And we will strike down upon those of Darkness, with great vengeance and Furious Anger, those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.

Offline Manic Velocity

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • Pod Goo & Tonic
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2007, 11:05:55 pm »
Quote from: "Yotogi"
I actually read this and smiled...I'm so there.  

Quick question:  what would be better?  A definite time and place or just a definite time and the reds have to come find us?  I think it would build the suspense a bit if they had to search for a while to find us.  
I've even come up with a quick idea on how to keep them from discovering us too soon.

If anyone's interested I'll elaborate in a later post.

Hot Dog!! I get to kill again!!

They should definitely have to find us.  If we give a set location, they'll just camp it until we log on.

Speaking of which, I think it would be great if we all got on TS beforehand and did a synchronized jack-in.  The night before a particular FA challenge, we discuss the location for the next day's event and all jack-out at that spot.  That way, we all jack-in at the exact same moment at the exact location, and there's no waiting for people to show up.

Then we just have to wait for the reds to show up and let the fun begin.

Offline Lits

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2007, 11:53:16 pm »
Remind Lits to stay the hell away on those nights... I don't think even "faction cheerleader" would be safe then

Be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life.

Offline Jeyk

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • http://www.followtheangel.org
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2007, 12:25:38 am »
I like the sound of this.

Anonymous

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2007, 01:19:23 am »
So we need to decide how we get back in once we're dead... who/where to team recall.  And we need to seriously powerlevel Lits up immediately.

Anonymous

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2007, 02:02:27 am »
Keep us GMTers in mind when you are organising it :P

Offline NoCry

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2007, 03:45:18 am »
aye, do keep us in mind; rogan and i are doing our bit for the british wing of FA during weeknights but miss you lot!

Offline Ash

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2007, 09:39:46 am »
How about we make Lits the team recaller?  She could stow away in a building nearby, recalling us after we've reconstructed.  I'm sure any one of us would not only be able to help her lvl but would be willing to make sure she had all the abilities she needs to help us out.  Hell we could make her a healer / buffer as well so right after she's recalled us she can buff us up and then we're out the door, ready for another round of kicking ass.

Also to expand on what I posted before. My idea would be to have each FA member at a different location within whatever district we'll be fighting in so that the reds will see us on their /who wherever they go in the district but that they wont see all of us. Then at the predetermined time we all get recalled to the spot and wait them to find us.

"Do not pray for easy lives. Pray to be stronger men"

Offline Manic Velocity

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • Pod Goo & Tonic
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2007, 11:17:35 am »
I can code whatever abilities needed for a team recaller.

I'd also be more than happy to photoshop up a nice little advert for DN1 to get this advertised.

And I just realized that my "No Hyperjumping" idea won't work if we're going to hold these challenges outside of Richland, with all the Agents out and about.  A few level 100 Agents could work in our favor, but not so much when they start spawning on us.  Oh well.  :(

Offline Pirus

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2007, 11:43:10 am »
just keep me posted and I'll jump in... There is no one online anymore :(  I just haven't seen the need to come on when no one else is on.

Anonymous

« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2007, 12:20:54 pm »
Quote from: "NoCry"
aye, do keep us in mind; rogan and I are doing our bit for the british wing of FA during weeknights but miss you lot!

And what the fuck am I, Scotch mist??

Anonymous

« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2007, 12:25:20 pm »
If I manage to participate in this, I think I'll go for debuff.  In which case I'm going to need some muscle (Pirus?)

* Discord

Calendar

March 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30

No calendar events were found.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 190