New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

The Quest Pro by Strod
[October 13, 2022, 01:16:51 pm]

No Man's Sky Beyond VR by Tbone
[September 24, 2022, 04:47:52 pm]

Author Topic: My news.  (Read 6825 times)

Offline Ketamininja

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
Re: My news.
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2012, 04:24:14 pm »
Quote from: "Fuse"
HE

Ha, I put in "he" and looked back and saw you referenced "she"... but didn't reread that sentence was talking about your wife... so substituted that :D

I have been drinking... a scotsman on a firday you know.
I'll toast the next drink to his health!

Congrats again!

Oh and he mos def will need a sibling ina couple of years! Don't worry; it's a breeze ;)

I'm a total frickin rock star from mars.
C'mon bro, I got tiger blood.

Offline Fuse

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • http://www.lostlocalhost.com
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2012, 08:52:56 pm »
:) My wife was amazing.
She was pushing for less than an hour. When the doctor got in it was about 60 seconds until the next contraction hit and his head was out - so the doctor must have loved her.

As for Orlando, I have an interview on Tuesday for Publix, and if that goes well they'll want to bring me down there - but I have no clue what it would take them to get me to accept an offer. Yes, there are many pros, but many cons as well. We've had our hearts set on Austin, but this was an opportunity where they called me, so it may be a good one.

Offline Fuse

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • http://www.lostlocalhost.com
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2012, 10:28:59 pm »
Quote from: "likwidtek"
Dude, I'm so friggin happy for you.  He looks healthy and beautiful and Jess and I are sending lots of mental hugs and positive thoughts your way my friend.  I had no idea how scary it would be taking my daughter home for the first time.  I was scared I was going to break her and kept thinking "holy crap, they totally let me take a tiny human home".  It's easy to go bananas on all the small things and freak out over every tiny sneeze, bump or cry.  Don't worry though my friend, they thrive despite us.  :D  

Everyone went on and on and on about "Prepare to never sleep.... you have no idea how hard this is going to be.... blah blah"  all the negative stuff.  But truly no one ever told me of how much fun I'd have having a little ankle biter.  It's sort of like start life over all over again and seeing everything for the first time.  All over again.  I can't tell you how much fun I had just carrying Lilly around and watching her just take it all in... point at stuff... and when she could sorta talk she'd ask "WASSAT?" (What's that).  Oh man, I had so much fun explaining the world to her.  

It's super fun.  Everyone likes to warn you about all the hard stuff but man it's the most fun ever.

I can't wait to see more pics and hear how you guys are doing.  Give your wife our best and wish her a fast and easy recovery will ya?  Being a Dad is incredibly fun and I'm excited to hear about you doing all kinds of neato fun Dad stuff.

First question!  I know you've either already bought or have been eyeballing some geeky onsies.  eh? eh?  Whatcha got in mind?

I think the first one I get him will be matching shirts. Mine will be an Android 1.0 shirt, and his will be an Android 2.0 onesie. :)

Thanks for you words, man. You hit on exactly how I've been feeling. So much negativity about how life won't be same, without the joy of what's to come. The kid has been here for almost 31 hours now and those people were right, life isn't the same. I'm ok with that. I'm sure he'll be a pain in my ass someday, but not today.

Yeah, tomorrow I get to take him home and the real fun without the safety net of a hospital and frequent checkups begins.

Fun times.

Offline Da6onet

• VETERAN ANGEL
  • I shall either find a way or make one.
    • View Profile
    • JPL
My news.
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2012, 07:44:25 pm »
Awesome job to you and your wife, simply amazing.

I lol'd at the little angry old man comment, it's so true :-)
If all the world's problems were solved today, what would you have left to do tomorrow?

NEED NEW SIGNATURE, CAN PAY IN THE FORM OF BEER!!!

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thefuriousangels.com
My news.
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2012, 08:33:00 pm »
Hey, happy Father's Day!

Offline Milhouse

• Soldier
    • View Profile
    • http://lancamp.org
My news.
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2012, 11:06:30 pm »
For the next 10 or so years, you'll have someone living in your house who believes in magic.  Embrace that and enjoy!

Offline Kokuei

• Warrior
    • View Profile
My news.
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2012, 02:30:14 am »
I had a great reply. But the damn website kept saying "Failed to load user module."

Not gonna redo the great story again.

Just gonna say congratulations to you both. Happy Father's Day.

Offline Ketamininja

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
My news.
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2012, 02:46:28 pm »
Quote from: "Milhouse"
For the next 10 or so years, you'll have someone living in your house who believes in magic.  Embrace that and enjoy!

Balloon animals work really well too :)

I'm a total frickin rock star from mars.
C'mon bro, I got tiger blood.

* Discord

Calendar

March 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 121