New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

The Quest Pro by Strod
[October 13, 2022, 01:16:51 pm]

No Man's Sky Beyond VR by Tbone
[September 24, 2022, 04:47:52 pm]

Author Topic: In desperate need of teamspeak help  (Read 6793 times)

Offline Amarantus

• Warrior
    • View Profile
In desperate need of teamspeak help
« on: January 01, 2012, 02:34:08 am »
I have been trying to get Teamspeak working for weeks now.
I worked with JP trying to resolve the issue and it still doesn't work.
I have googled and tried the official ts site. Still nothing.

Here are the symptoms I am experiencing.

I can connect just fine. However, after about 10 to 20 minutes sitting in any channel, active or inactive, I am timed-out from the server.

Teamspeak will sit in the background attempting to reconnect but never succeeds unless I tab out and end task the program.
Sometimes that doesn't even fix it. I have to full on reboot to reconnect.

This ONLY happens when I play SWTOR.
I can play City of Heroes and any number of other games just fine.

I have also noticed, when I quit SWTOR for the night, that I am no longer able to browse the internet via Chrome, Firefox, or IE.
I can still ping ip address and websites just fine but I can not actually get webpages to load. The browser just hangs and I have to reboot.

Browsing internet works fine while I am still in game.

Here are the things I have tried:
I have run TS in Administrator Mode as well as completely disabled UAC.

I have run a ping -t to the teamspeak IP and server address before loading up the game.

I have made sure an exception for TS was in windows firewall and spyware doctor.

I have disabled windows firewall and spyware doctor completely.

I have made sure all the ports specified for both SWTOR and TS are open on my netgear wireless router/firewall.

I have removed the firewall from the mix by plugging straight into my charter router.

I have backed up my identity. Uninstalled TS. Ran registry mechanic to remove traces of it from the registry as well as a hdd cleaner to remove some files still left in my user folder. Then I re-installed and re-added my identity.

I have uninstalled and re-installed SWTOR.

I am at a completely loss at this point.
The problem is definitely between TS and SWTOR because I am able to use, and have stayed connected to, Ventillo to talk with Kirun while we level this entire time.

If anyone can give me any suggestions I have not tried I would greatly appreciate it.

It has been very upsetting to not be able to group up and keep up with the guild going-ons.
I used to think I was perfect. However, thinking ones self perfect is conceit and conceit is a character flaw... I have no character flaws.

Offline JP

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: In desperate need of teamspeak help
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2012, 07:57:55 pm »
Trying to do the research and help ya out man, tough situation, we've also noticed CT has been have some TS issue, causeing what i like to call skynetting where your voice becomes modulated, we've been using TS for years and 1st time its ever happened, no new hardware or anything.
The artist formerly known as Tr4ce...

Offline Phyroxis

• Meat Shield
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2012, 11:08:50 pm »
Have you brought this up to TS support?

It might have something to do with bandwidth, maybe? (throwing shots in the dark here). I know when either my roommate or I are downloading at high-rates, we end up kicking the other off of various things. Could it be SWTOR is taking up resources that TS needs?

This may be too much of a work-around, but do you have a laptop to run TS on? Or perhaps setup a virtual machine to sandbox SWTOR or TS?
Phyro

Offline Anamodiel

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2012, 01:08:45 am »
Is this an issue on just our server, or is it across all Teamspeak servers?

...And we will strike down upon those of Darkness, with great vengeance and Furious Anger, those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.

Offline Amarantus

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2012, 02:35:06 am »
Quote from: "Anamodiel"
Is this an issue on just our server, or is it across all Teamspeak servers?

Honestly, this is the only TS server I have ever used. So as of right now it is just on our server.
I used to think I was perfect. However, thinking ones self perfect is conceit and conceit is a character flaw... I have no character flaws.

Offline Ketamininja

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2012, 04:24:04 am »
Quote from: "Amarantus"

This ONLY happens when I play SWTOR.
I can play City of Heroes and any number of other games just fine.

I have also noticed, when I quit SWTOR for the night, that I am no longer able to browse the internet via Chrome, Firefox, or IE.
I can still ping ip address and websites just fine but I can not actually get webpages to load. The browser just hangs and I have to reboot.

I have disabled windows firewall and spyware doctor completely.

If I can suggest, this doesn't appear to be a TS issue from what you are saying above. It would require more testing to be sure (perhaps see if the browser issues are still there when you quit SWTOR but HAVE NOT been running TS at all).

If Windows Firewall is disabled (warning, I have noticed strange behaviour with Win 7; sometimes with the firewall OFF it actually acts as if it blocks everything incoming) and Spyware doctor is DISABLED, then neither of these things are causing an issue.

Since you can get connections to TS/SWTOR initially then this means that the ports are already open so no exceptions should have been required in anything (Spyware Doctor, Win Firewall, Router Firewall).

Since the connection to TS dies after you are connected, it is almost as if a rule is being enforced to block connections for a certain period of time (I did mention this in Guild Chat - it is a common feature in some protection programs). However, since Spyware Doctor is shutdown (and assuming you have no other software that does similar) this doesn't make sense.

Download and run this:
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896653

This will show you what processes are "hidden" behind other generic processes (such as svchost.exe). It may well point to something (I'm thinking malicious).

There are a few issues noted here about Spyware Doctor and Windows7.
http://www.pctools.com/forum/showthread.php?67879-Spyware-Doctor-8-problem-in-Windows-7

Sounds a little similar...
I think removing Spyware Doctor completely would be a good test. You can always put it back on again after.

If you find that works, let me know and I'll send you over a fully working version of McAfee Enterprise instead (provided you do some work for my company for free... if you know what I mean ;) ) so you are still protected.

I'm a total frickin rock star from mars.
C'mon bro, I got tiger blood.

Offline Longboard

• RIFTER
  • Angelic Wrath
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2012, 12:26:44 pm »
I recommend Spybot as a free alternative to paid spyware programs or spyware programs that might be giving you trouble.

http://www.safer-networking.org/index2.html

"It's my hokey religion, you can have your blaster!"

Offline Lithium

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://followtheangel.org
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2012, 05:22:48 pm »
You guys do know that Microsoft finally got something right and you can say goodbye to all your crappy virus and spyware "protectors" right?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/products/security-essentials

Don't believe everything you think.

Offline likwidtek

• RIFTER
  • VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • http://omeganerd.com
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2012, 05:51:05 pm »
MSE is really really good.

Seriously, google chrome, (unisntall java if you don't need it, otherwise..) Keep Java, Adobe (everything) and Windows up to date and use Microsoft Security Essentials.  Should be all you need.

If you have malware, you have a few choices.  If you have a computer tech friend, have him come over, run Malwarebyte's AntiMalware:  http://www.malwarebytes.org/ and if that doesn't clear it up, use Combofix:  http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/anti-virus/combofix

It does NOT sound like you have spyware issues.

If you're on wireless, go ethernet.  if you're on ethernet, try wireless.  If one or the other work, it's possible you have a bad network card or you're getting crappy wireless signal.

If neither one of these help, I would totally uninstall all these spyware doctor, firewall programs.  See if that works.

If it were me, I'd run process explorer to see what all is running in the background.

If you still can't get it, let me know.  We'll do a crossloop session, I'll connect to your PC and I'll see what I can do.  Try all the above steps first though.
"To the darkened skies once more and ever onward."

Offline Amarantus

• Warrior
    • View Profile
In desperate need of teamspeak help
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2012, 03:45:36 pm »
Update on the issue.

I have gone through and played around with the codecs. Did not work.

I changed the priority of the task to High. Did not work.

I have disable everything running that wasn't necessary (including spyware doctor). Did not work.

Last night I noticed something different when using Vent to group.
My ping spikes incredibly high and I was actually disconnected from Vent last night just like I am from TS.

So I watched TS on my second monitor while I played SWTOR on my main monitor.

As soon as I get in game the ping spikes to 5k+.
I don't actually lag when I speak. It just seems that my computer is assigning all the bandwidth to SWTOR and everything else gets pushed aside.

I need a way to fix this and I am out of ideas.
Again I found more information on the TS forums about the ping issue but there options were to change the codecs around and that did not help.

Offline likwidtek

• RIFTER
  • VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • http://omeganerd.com
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2012, 04:43:12 pm »
Do all of my instructions, namely the network card portion.  

Quote from: "likwidtek"
MSE is really really good.

Seriously, google chrome, (unisntall java if you don't need it, otherwise..) Keep Java, Adobe (everything) and Windows up to date and use Microsoft Security Essentials.  Should be all you need.

If you have malware, you have a few choices.  If you have a computer tech friend, have him come over, run Malwarebyte's AntiMalware:  http://www.malwarebytes.org/ and if that doesn't clear it up, use Combofix:  http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/anti-virus/combofix

It does NOT sound like you have spyware issues.

If you're on wireless, go ethernet.  if you're on ethernet, try wireless.  If one or the other work, it's possible you have a bad network card or you're getting crappy wireless signal.

If neither one of these help, I would totally uninstall all these spyware doctor, firewall programs.  See if that works.

If it were me, I'd run process explorer to see what all is running in the background.

If you still can't get it, let me know.  We'll do a crossloop session, I'll connect to your PC and I'll see what I can do.  Try all the above steps first though.
"To the darkened skies once more and ever onward."

* Discord

Calendar

March 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30

No calendar events were found.

* Who's Online