Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

The Quest Pro by Strod
[October 13, 2022, 01:16:51 pm]

No Man's Sky Beyond VR by Tbone
[September 24, 2022, 04:47:52 pm]

Half-Life 2 VR mod by Tbone
[September 24, 2022, 04:47:10 pm]

Author Topic: SWTOR 5.10 Gearing  (Read 13874 times)

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thefuriousangels.com
SWTOR 5.10 Gearing
« on: January 07, 2019, 06:42:13 pm »
We jumped back into SWTOR again. This is a quick and dirty guide for gearing end-game. This is mostly for Broin since he probably needs the help! =P

Best gear in the game is 252 and 258 gear (Ossus gear). The command crate system isn't that helpful for this gear, though I imagine when they release future gear this gear will get thrown into the crate system. You need to focus on...

1. Ossus Reputation
2. Masterwork Crystals
3. Unassembled Components

Ossus Reputation

You need this because there is reputation requirements for all the best gear in the game. You'll need Hero and Legend rank for the best.

Do the dailies on Ossus (heroics as well). After about three days you'll have maxed your reputation for the week (2500). You can keep going if you want and get a reserve of reputation tokens or you can start focusing on other weekly tasks. Pretty simple. The last tier (Legend) takes three weeks to get after you reach Hero. Don't skip a week.

Masterwork Crystals

You need these to buy the gear. I actually suggest saving Masterwork Crystals for 258 gear UNLESS you're having trouble randomly getting the last few pieces of the 252 set.

You get one crystal from the Ossus world boss weekly. Do the Ossus world bosses each week.

You get one crystal from a random Ossus weekly (either PvP or PvE). Last two weeks have been complete four master flashpoints. Do this each week.

You can get 1-2 additional Masterwork Crystals by trading in Unassembled Components to a vendor. The first one of the week costs 500. The second one costs 1000.

The max number of Masterwork Crystals you can get each week is 4. Your goal should be to try and get 4 Masterwork Crystals a week.

Unassembled Components

As I just mentioned, these are used to buy Masterwork Crystals. You get these by dissembling gear in the Command Crate window and by doing various dailies and weeklies. The quickest way to get Unassembled Components is by doing PvP. Warzones will be the easiest to get. I've found ranked arenas to be significantly harder, but I just started trying them. In between queue pops or when you need a break, you can grind command xp for the boxes (I'd mention the method of doing this, but the event ends on the 15th and then I'll have to figure out what to do from there).

-----------

The week resets on Tuesday morning. Each week start by completing the Ossus Dailies/Weeklies. One of these weeklies will give you an 252 Artifact Lockbox. Try to get most of your 252 gear from these boxes and then upgrade them with your Masterwork Crystals. There is a RARE chance of 252 artifact boxes dropping from command crates as well, though I'm hearing that's close to a 1/600 chance based on user testing. Do this every day until you hit the reputation cap.

When you finish Ossus dailies, do PvP dailies/weeklies. Look for missions that don't just give command XP but also give unassembled components. Ideally you should be farming 1500 unassembled components a week, but at least do the first 500 to turn in.

That's basically it. If you miss the reputation cap or don't turn in any unassembled components for a week, you put yourself a week behind on gear progression. Save your Masterwork Crystals for 258 gear or until you have no other gear to upgrade to 258 and need to buy a specific 252 piece to continue. Note that the weekly 252 lockbox will give you 125 unassembled components if you disassemble a duplicate, so getting 4 crystals a week becomes a little easier as you get more 252 gear.

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
Re: SWTOR 5.10 Gearing
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2019, 06:56:53 pm »
Also I should note that 258 weapons have not been released yet.

Offline Bellthazor

• Angelic Fury
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2019, 03:48:12 pm »
Not sure if the info is still the same since I see that some of the events have ended.  I just started back in and have a new character, so do we have a guild back in the game?

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2019, 02:04:45 pm »
I paused my sub once I got the Rift S and have been doing more VR gaming. I'm not sure if Broin is still jumping in from time to time or not. There might be faster ways of getting this gear since when new gear comes out, they make getting the old gear easier.

* Discord

Calendar

March 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

No calendar events were found.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 41