Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Author Topic: Nominations for Our Replacement Game!  (Read 10012 times)

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thefuriousangels.com
Nominations for Our Replacement Game!
« on: June 14, 2009, 06:02:22 pm »
If you haven't done so, check out my announcement titled "A New Direction...". The short of it is that we are replacing Darkfall with a game that hopefully more of our members will be interested in. MMOs are preferred, obviously. Something with a trial would be nice so we can test it out. The game needs to already be out or coming out within a month and be able to keep us entertained and active for potentially a year. I know you're all itching to volley for your favorite game, so let's hear them!

Offline Bellthazor

• Angelic Fury
    • View Profile
Re: Nominations for Our Replacement Game!
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2009, 06:42:28 pm »
I do like the suggestion from Sharpak for Motal online. The game seems really be interesting, and seem to offer alot (customized weapons and armor, ect).

The original post http://thefuriousangels.com/index.php?msg=89974

Offline Kazian

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2009, 06:44:57 pm »
MOrtal Online is my nomination too

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2009, 07:14:07 pm »
I'm very very skeptical of Mortal Online. It sounds just like Darkfall. I imagine a lot of people sitting around afk macroing their one handed sword. I also don't like the multiple-characters thing and characters sharing a Deva. This almost seems to promote having a griefing character, spies, etc. The combat also looks exactly the same as Darkfall, if not less interesting. Mortal Online doesn't seem to even have magic. The combat videos just looked like people awkwardly and slowly walking around trying to slash at each other. It just doesn't seem very dynamic. I would also very like to move away from the fantasy, medieval era. I've never liked it. Almost humorously, the only PvE in the video was a guy fighting a rat in a sewer...sigh...

The game has good graphics, but Darkfall also had some pretty landscapes and that was only exciting for so long. Anyway, those are just my opinions. I just don't think there is going to be much a difference between GrindFall and Grind Online.

Offline ArchNemesis

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2009, 07:25:57 pm »
EDIT: T beat me to it :P

I say we should hold off on Mortal online. Sure, they are showing all this nice stuff but

1) DFO Promised tons of stuff like no Grind... Unfortunately, the Grind is VERY well in place and there is no Lore. MO seems great but i say we just give it a bit before we throw all our energy into this.

2) All the dicks that made Agon this unpleasant place to be will SURELY be moving to MO.

MO just has the same Premise as DF... As to whether they will pull it off successfully is something that is too early to tell.

We need to move to something that at the moment is out or will be out very soon that will REALLY keep us in it. I say we try moving to something that already has had time to gain stability, fixes, and polishes to try and get us all to game together before we jump the gun on another game.

i would say something with a more modern feel to it rather than Medievil... but unfortunately i've grown to Hate most MMO's so i'll jump on to whatever FA does as long as we can have fun :P

Offline Bellthazor

• Angelic Fury
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2009, 07:58:57 pm »
Well we could look at such games as SWG as an option. They have had alot of time to work out alot of the bugs. i know we have alot of our old members who left and went on to play this for some time. I also think that if we are thinking of moving into Knights of the Old Republic that this would be a good start into that type of realm.

i'm just tossing ideas out there...

Offline Lithium

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://followtheangel.org
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2009, 08:04:43 pm »
I think we should focus on an upcoming game, such as, starwars. Build a community, a lore, a persona, early and do what we did with MxO; talk about the game and play America's Army and other little games to kill time. It worked well. And I think it's a better idea than jumping into an existing game and playing catch up on everything.

Don't believe everything you think.

Offline Anamodiel

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2009, 08:31:07 pm »
America's Army 3 comes out in three days and is FREE.

...And we will strike down upon those of Darkness, with great vengeance and Furious Anger, those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.

Offline Jeyk

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • http://www.followtheangel.org
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2009, 08:31:10 pm »
First and foremost, I must say that I have done next to no research on this game, but I have been seeing ads pop up increasingly in game magazines for a futuristic MMO called "Fallen Earth".  It's currently in closed beta; estimated Q3 2009 release.

Description:
Fallen Earth is a massively multiplayer online game mixing first-person shooter style action with traditional role-playing game design. Set near the Grand Canyon in 2156 after a deadly plague wiped out most of humanity, the game features six factions, a classless advancement system and a unique crafting feature in which players can make 95 percent of game items. With approximately 70 towns, real-time settings and interesting character modifications-woven together in a post-Apocalyptic plot-Fallen Earth provides the ultimate player versus player and player versus environment experiences.

Wikipedia Entry:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fallen_Earth

Beta Signup Link:  http://www.fallenearth.com/beta

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2009, 09:12:25 pm »
MxO subscribers get a free 60 day trial of SWG, EQ, and EQ2, so we are currently downloading SWG to give it a test run.

Offline KnightOfZero

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2009, 09:16:26 pm »
ummm... guildwars 2? its not out yet... until like late 2010... just throwing it out there
There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  People who understand binary, and people who do not.

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2009, 09:28:11 pm »
Quote from: "KnightOfZero"
ummm... guildwars 2? its not out yet... until like late 2010... just throwing it out there

...wrong thread. Try the one that says "Our Next MMO (2010)"...but thanks for playing.

Offline Guac

• Meat Shield
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2009, 10:50:47 pm »
BF 2... here's the reasoning... while not an MMO or an RPG it does involve advanced tactics, extremely violent game play and the option for competition. The game is polished and could definitely hold us over until the next great MMO comes out. It also offers a lot of room for organization.
Of course this is the bias opinion of an ex Bf2 maniac.
Most MMOs these days are pretty lame and would require grinding or some form of menial/terrible pain before we could get to the stages where we need to be competitive, all that aside, until these other more "open" games come out I propose we either move onto another style of game (for the time being) or just play DFO.

Offline Setun

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2009, 10:59:39 pm »
If we're going to vouch for FPSes, I'm going to suggest BF2142 (similar to BF2, only this one's more vehicular based =D ), or TF2.  TF2 is bar none the most fun you'll have in an FPS.

Offline ArchNemesis

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2009, 11:01:59 pm »
Yeah, I'm always down for Team Fortress 2, Left 4 Dead, Battlefield 2142, Crysis Wars, DOD:S and the like.

I understand that it would be nice to check an MMO type of game and that's fine too.

As long as our focus and energy goes towards the New MMO we're working toward and not too much on what's holding us over, it's fine by me.

* Discord

Calendar

April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30

No calendar events were found.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 37