Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Author Topic: Queen of Sands?  (Read 4422 times)

Offline ReReminiscence

• Soldier
    • View Profile
Queen of Sands?
« on: January 24, 2012, 07:35:22 am »
found this on /r/ swtor

According to Knotor, TORhead and so on, apparently there is a new, level 50 world boss on Tatooine, in the Outlaw's Den, named the Queen of Sands. I've been riding around Outlaw's Den for a few hours, and I;m wondering if anyone else has any ideas on how to summon her.
Speculation: The Well-Fed Womprat certainly has something to do with this. The vendor kill Expertise buffs are involved.
And that's all I have to go on.

I say we venture out and see what this might be about

No darkness, no light, only understanding

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thefuriousangels.com
Re: Queen of Sands?
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2012, 07:48:32 am »
http://www.torhead.com/npc/cBNNHyH/queen-of-sands

Says it is a Raid Boss instead of a World Heroic.. hmm...

Offline ReReminiscence

• Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2012, 12:26:30 am »
Ive read something saying its a heroic world boss on phone or id link try and add post when on comp tomarow in class. But its said to be in outlaws den where we try to fight it slong side of any one trying to steal it from us. Speculation around why devs have said white crystal didnt exsits and now they are fixing thier comments with 1-1 now released. Also speculation about spawning her gose from merchants and the rat in outlaws den. Just seeing if u all wish to try and see what we can find.

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2012, 12:48:00 am »
The merchant gives you a 5% expertise buff when you kill it. The well-fed rat didn't do anything for me when I killed it (he dropped a grey).

Where did the devs say the white crystal doesn't exist?

Offline JP

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2012, 01:35:37 am »
You dont kill the rat you apparently have to feed him something (working theory on reddit/forums)
The artist formerly known as Tr4ce...

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2012, 08:09:38 am »
But he's already well fed! Heh

Offline ReReminiscence

• Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2012, 06:49:42 am »
we have been thinking it could be a possible order of killing vendors and getting buffs. Strod and Broin believe the rat to be a snipe hunt

Offline Tecknik

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2012, 01:23:07 pm »
I'm still thinking that maybe you have to force the Gamorrean Champion vendor into the pit.

Or maybe the well-fed Womprat needs to be fed to something.

Offline Strod

• Angelic Fury
    • View Profile
Queen of Sands?
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2012, 02:10:51 pm »
Well like I said a few nights ago, I believe it to be a kill order of some kinds due to the facts below.

3 Vendors
3 Items are clickable (1 at each vendor) that makes the vendors "angry and attack".
3 buffs each is unique with unique names.

To me this screams a kill order of some kind, and the fact 2 of the vendor are Golden Star elites and 1 is a Champion could also lend a theory that they have to be interacted with/killed in a specific order.

I also said I believe the pit near the Champion vendor could have something to do with where the queen of sands will spawn but I could be wrong.

We need to find when they vendors will spawn, or atleast get a rough time table.

Another thing to do would be to have people waiting on location for when the server gets a reset to see if we can get some face time with all 3 vendors up.

A lot of people have been saying the Well fed womp rat has a part to play. I believe it to be a red herring.

If i were to believe the womp rat is NOT a red herring I would have a theory that the rat may even need to be present at each kill in a specific order so he has the buffs in a certain order so it triggers the event. (perhaps dragging him to the pit or some other location).

Furious since 2006.

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2012, 02:35:33 pm »
Quote from: "Tecknik"
I'm still thinking that maybe you have to force the Gamorrean Champion vendor into the pit.

Or maybe the well-fed Womprat needs to be fed to something.

Thinking logically, the well-fed womprat remind me of a well-fed pig (like Charlotte's Web, right). The point of an animal being "well-fed" is to make it as plump and delicious as possible.

Using this logic, the well-fed womprat is probably bait for the queen. I don't think you pull the Champion into the pit. I think you pull the womprat into the pit.

Offline Broin

• Second-in-Command
  • VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
Queen of Sands?
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2012, 09:56:05 pm »
I was messing around with this today as well....

The well fed wamprat is on a 4 minute respawn timer.  He spawns direclty in front of the building in the face of the mountain that you can't get too.

I killed him on mulitple occasions and he only dropped grey materials, I think related to his race.  However after getting 2-3 items in my invetory I started killing him and was no longer able to loot him.  His body stayed on the ground for about 2-3 minutes then disappered for a mintue before he respawned.

The Vendor closes to where our entrance is says something like....  You buy, I eat.  

And in addition he is the only vendor that the wamprat actually walks right up to.  Stands right in front then turns and walks away.

I killed him in front of him and nothing.  I activated the bones in front of him and he attacked.  I think there has to be something about the wamprat for sure.

Also the buffs for killing the vendors are 5, 5, and 10 percent to expertise.  They do not go with you when you go to a warzone though.  The vendors also each  sale their own special vehcile.

You can also allow the wamprat to attack you over and over again and eventually you get infeted with wamprat fevor which is a debuff on health regen and acccording to the debuff says eventually will kill you if not cured.

There are some vendors that sale cures.  I know there is one on gav daragon.

I'll have more time this weekend to look into it, but I think we should find out about this .  If there is any group that can figure it out it's us

Go ahead, make my day.

Offline Broin

• Second-in-Command
  • VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
Queen of Sands?
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2012, 10:12:00 pm »
A womp rat is a scavenging, rodential creature, one of the most vile creatures native to Tatooine. They are covered in short fur that is usually yellow or tan and look through garbage and waste dumps for meals. Due to the exposure to radioactive waste and chemicals, womp rats can mutate into larger beasts, with larger jaws, long, whip-like tails, and even an infectious disease-causing saliva. According to Luke Skywalker in Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope, they attain approximately two meters in length

These things eat womprats...

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canyon_krayt_dragon

The ship that crashed on tatooine

Permanent settlement by offworlders-or outlanders-only seems to have resumed in 100 BBY, with the arrival of the settler ship Dowager Queen from Bestine IV

Go ahead, make my day.

Offline ZephixLeer (Zephic)

• Angelic Wrath
    • View Profile
Queen of Sands?
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2012, 10:49:55 pm »
Any chance this has anything to do with the Colicoid flashpoint? or maybe something you could pick up or get a buff from on balmorra in bugtown?

I only think of those areas because they have bugs, and it sounds like this queen of the desert is a bug type of monster with hatchlings...

Not sure if there is any connection there at all, and it's maybe it's a stretch, but then I think of how many other puzzles there are that have multiple planets involved. Ex. the magenta crystal involved tatooine, hoth, and ilum from what i remember. So, maybe this is similar?

-I'm at work or i'd investigate myself.

One last quick edit with a few thoughts:

Just from what you've all said, the well-fed rat would sound like the perfect host for an egg to spawn some hatchlings or something, which may summon the queen, or let her hatch. *shrug*

Then, the expertise buffs sound like just a way to gain an advantage over other players in the area so that once she is summoned, you have a good chance of keeping her.

-On balmorra, in bugtown, there was a quest to destroy eggs. I doubt you can interact with those eggs now, but it may be worth checking. Otherwise, I'm not sure I can think of anything in that area that would allow interaction that may link to this Queen of Sands business. :P

Offline xFingersx

• Soldier
    • View Profile
Queen of Sands?
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2012, 10:59:16 pm »
However all womp-rats infect you with the debuff, so it's probably safe to say that much is irrelevant.

Edit: Re-reading previous posts, T presents a very good point about the rat getting all 3 buffs (not necessarily in a certain order) While dragging the rat (and possibly the 3rd vendor) into the pit seeing what happens then.

Offline Longboard

• RIFTER
  • Angelic Wrath
    • View Profile
Queen of Sands?
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2012, 04:28:54 am »
Quote from: "Broin"
You can also allow the wamprat to attack you over and over again and eventually you get infeted with wamprat fevor which is a debuff on health regen and acccording to the debuff says eventually will kill you if not cured.

There are some vendors that sale cures.  I know there is one on gav daragon.

I'll have more time this weekend to look into it, but I think we should find out about this .  If there is any group that can figure it out it's us

FYI.....The cure is available from the medical droid located next to the cargo hold on Carrick Station.

I was thinking that maybe you have to have that buff on when you are trying to solve the puzzle....just a thought.

"It's my hokey religion, you can have your blaster!"

* Discord

Calendar

April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30

No calendar events were found.

* Who's Online