Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Author Topic: "Creating your own Sig" Non-tech and testing Split  (Read 11883 times)

Anonymous

"Creating your own Sig" Non-tech and testing Split
« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2005, 01:43:29 am »
that reminds me ratio i need to install cs2 now that i've got it, i'm still working on cs, have you noticed any major differences though? I haven't really read up on this one yet.

Anonymous

« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2005, 02:02:09 am »
CS2 has a plethora of goodies. For instance, it supports compositing multiple pictures with different exposures to create images with High Dynamic Range Lighting (AKA the thing that makes our uniforms glow white ingame). That's one of the bigger features.

Anonymous

« Reply #32 on: May 27, 2005, 02:07:07 am »
HDR is not what makes our uniforms glow. It just means full 32-bit luminance. It's handy for photography because you can capture the same image at multiple exposures, do an HDR merge and have a large range of luminance to play with - it doesn't actually do anything if you took the picture at the right exposure in the first place. Heh. HDR does nothing for displayed images - it can't extend the dynamic range of your monitor or of a picture or anything else. It does extend the dynamic range of your image file, allowing you to choose what limited dr your monitor/print displays. It's a tool for tweaking. It's like being able to go back and take the picture all over again at an exposure setting that you didn't get when you took the originals. (When game makers/3d card manufacturers talk about hdr, they do mean 32bit lume, but it doesn't mean the same thing it does to a photographer. It just means that fake things look a little more real. It's handy for 3d cgi type work because you can render in hdr and then match the exposure of the render to what you have filmed for sexier sauce without having to re-render... which saves time.)

Other than that relatively useless thing :) - huge differences for me. The vanishing point tool is... well... I don't know how I ever lived without it. The warp tool makes texturing so much faster. I don't have to dork around (as much) in maya/max/blender trying to get a texture to wrap just right. The ability to manipulate groups like single layers is keen. Optical lens correction(!) for eliminating chroma aberrations, pincushions, etc. And non destructive transforms (aka smart objects) - which I've been complaining about since about 1992. Few other things like an improved font menu, spot healing (nifty!), etc. Mojikumi (including tate-chu-yoko/kumimoji) too, though I think most people could care less about that.

In illustrator, the trace tool is the greatest thing ever. I can actually draw on paper and vector it fast enough that it's not a waste of time anymore. I was thinking of picking up a Cintiq, but with live trace and live paint, I'm not thinking that anymore. I like paper better anywho. I do need a new scanner, tho.

OH! And monkeys. I like monkeys.

Photoshop 9.0 Codename: Space Monkey

Photoshop 8.0 Codename: Dark Matter

See? Monkeys are much better.

edit #214: Just played with the new filter browser. It rocks.

Anonymous

« Reply #33 on: May 27, 2005, 02:15:03 am »
hmmm...i'm thinking i need to install this like now :) thank ya. Its kindof funny when I look back at the first time i used photoshop...(4.0) and I don't know how i lived without some of the new tools they've put in.

Anonymous

« Reply #34 on: May 27, 2005, 05:22:34 am »
Holy crap, Ratio...I didn't realize you did 3d work. God, there's a gaggle of us 3d people in here. Oh well. Anyway, yes, I've been wanting to get my hands on Photoshop CS2 to make my own sig, and just do a bunch of other things to try it all out. I <3 Photoshop

Anonymous

« Reply #35 on: May 27, 2005, 06:45:04 am »
How do I get my hands on these goodies?  (Photoshop 9.0 and whatever CS is?)  I wanna play too. :-)

Anonymous

« Reply #36 on: May 27, 2005, 01:08:10 pm »
photoshop 8 == photoshop cs
illustrator 11 == illustrator cs
photoshop 9 == photoshop cs2
illustrator 12 == illustrator cs2

The cs is for creative suite and it was just a marketing ploy. Guess the numbers were getting too big. Heh. When people say just cs or cs2, they're generally talking about a the whole series... which currently is
photoshop 9, illustrator 12, indesign 4, golive 8 and acrobat 7. Imageready, designer, bridge, etc. are really just components of those 5.

http://www.adobe.com/products/tryadobe/main.jsp for the legit 30 day versions.

Anonymous

« Reply #37 on: May 27, 2005, 02:12:03 pm »
Do these actually cease to function after 30 days?

I have a full version of Photoshop, but its Photoshop 7.XX

Anonymous

« Reply #38 on: May 27, 2005, 03:34:04 pm »
Ok! What do you think?

Anonymous

« Reply #39 on: May 27, 2005, 06:56:41 pm »
Represent, man!   You forgot to put "Furious Angels" or "www.followtheangel" anywhere on there.  Over all design is cool, though. :-)

Offline Styan

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • http://www.sullycentral.net
« Reply #40 on: May 27, 2005, 08:12:07 pm »
Niceley done,

/agree to phienyx' s comment. :)

Anonymous

« Reply #41 on: May 28, 2005, 05:31:45 am »
From a graphic design standpoint, you really probably shouldn't have blue on blue. Such as the sentence at the top of the sig; I can barely make it out. Different hues of blue can help. Also having a high contrast trace around the letters would help a lot, too

Offline Styan

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • http://www.sullycentral.net
« Reply #42 on: May 28, 2005, 10:20:09 am »
Ferris, also ...  your sig goes broken every once and a while too... Its gotta be the host.

Anonymous

« Reply #43 on: May 28, 2005, 02:17:34 pm »
try photobucket.com

a lot of us use that, and it doesn't glitch very often :)

Anonymous

« Reply #44 on: May 28, 2005, 03:41:19 pm »
Thanks Grim!  I will definitely try that.  I've been battling the flu for close to a week now, and it's hard to find times when I feel like sitting up long enough to make revisions.   :)   I've learned a lot already through creating my sig.

The broken link is my fault.  I took it down for revisions, but I'll repost it ASAP.

* Discord

Calendar

April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30

No calendar events were found.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 70