Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Author Topic: I'm Giving DF 2 More Weeks....  (Read 1358 times)

Offline Phienyx

• Angelic Fury
    • View Profile
I'm Giving DF 2 More Weeks....
« on: March 29, 2009, 02:13:04 am »
This game has no other goals than to kill people, take their shit and to see who can be the biggest group of assholes.  I have yet to see any real positive purpose within Darkfall.

I am getting a little annoyed (understatement) with wasting hours of my time and money trying to make some head way in-game only for it all to be taken away in 30 seconds by some asshole who's only purpose in life is to make as many people miserable as possible.

If things don't improve with this game within the next month, I am cancelling my subscription and playing something with a little more purpose.  I tried, but I can no longer justify this waste of time.

I'm tired of my evenings going like this:  Hmmm....what did you do today?  Well, I spent 3 hours mining iron ore and wood...but I lost half of that, a mount, my tools, a set of armor and some gold....   Then I spend an hour killing mobs for items and cash...oh, but guess what....ganked again and all that work...for no reason.  What did I accomplish in 4 hours....well....ummmmm...nothing and I paid for it.

Whatever....I'm even willing to give it 4 weeks to see if things get better....and if not....yes you can have my stuff.  There isn't much there.

We're Angels, not saints.

Anonymous

Re: I
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2009, 02:48:06 am »
I gotta admit I hope it gets better in this department for you too man, and to be honest I'm surprised you lasted this long 8P

Offline KnightOfZero

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2009, 04:25:57 am »
yea... i understand Phienyx's point of view... it sucks when you work so hard and just lose the things you make just like that... but im sure it will all get better whenever we get more people from the clan ingame... i like darkfall... but im with phienyx... things need to improve or i just cant pay for something that screws me over for the things i work hard for.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  People who understand binary, and people who do not.

Offline NoCry

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2009, 05:23:25 am »
guys; is that not perhaps the point of the game? I obviously dont mean that in an inflamatory way but to me part of the excitement is the very real risk of losing things and governing yourself accordingly. Granted I spend a lot of time naked in game or just farming in cloth armour etc.

Anonymous

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2009, 05:26:50 am »
Oh me, I don't mind it at all, but then it seems to be my carefree and- non-competitive nature that helps me cope with everything bad that happens. I just don't want to see two of the guys I started playing this game with leave while I'm still prancing along handing out money bags to every ganker who crosses my path.

Offline Zortarg

• Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.benfee.de
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2009, 06:15:22 am »
i can realy understand you Phienyx. after a few days i had the same feeling when i got ganked at the skelleton spawn place over and over again. i just wanted sone nice loot, but you could not even farm there for half a hour without beeing ganked. yes there are too few npc spawn points. and yes the gankers know them all.

so this is a full pvp game. and there is a solution to the most of that cases. and that is to work in a team. dont try to do al lyour things alone. formup a party of 3-6 ppl. go hunt some mobs in a team. you can even go for harder things, have more fun and a single ganker will not even consider to attack a group. of cource there aso could come a raiding party and then you have the same. but thats most likly will not happen that often.

if you guys keep doing all the things on your own, then you will be ganked on your own all the time. guss thats how it is.

i can repeat myself guys... more party play... more fun anyway...
Two planets are meeting in space. Asks the first:"Do you have human as well?" Answers the second:"Yes, but that passes by."

Anonymous

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2009, 06:49:17 am »
The big thing is, that we aren't really IN the game yet.

See, you gotta go in groups, all the time, you gotta hunt, you gotta take their shit out.

And not sit at home and do garthering/mining.
The ppl which you know the names of, this ppl are really playing the game. And we allrdy had some good hunts, but atm we are only defender. Defender of all our ore, wood, herbs and stuff, which is worth nothing.

We NEED to go out, stay in party AND HUNT damn shit.

The last 2 days I played with many ppl, partied with many of the alliance, but with none of FA. Because FA is 1) gathering/mining, 2) afk

This sucks, and need to get better.
Its another game, another way to succed. Hunt and Kill. -> Success.
Mine/Herb and Defend -> Lose.

Greetz

Anonymous

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2009, 06:55:25 am »
Ouch,Nooooooooooo FA is going to leave DF before I even get in:(!

Anonymous

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2009, 01:40:43 pm »
I'll repeat and summarize what Zortarg and Redx said. This game will be much more fun when we're all playing, and doing stuff in groups. I can't imagine any of us going solo after all of our members are playing actively, and grouping is not only more productive, but more entertaining as well. I'd say give it until they have completely opened up game sales, then things should get more exciting.

Offline Phienyx

• Angelic Fury
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2009, 02:27:26 pm »
I agree that we need to do things in larger groups, but we don't have the numbers right now to ensure there are always people online for use to group.  Another thing is that there are a few people who have decided to get their crafting skills up in certain areas in order to supply FA with quality equiptment.  Some have had better luck than others and natuarally you are not going to see these people our running in raid parties as often as others.  We are working on our crafting and crafting requiring mining, gathering and/or chopping wood.  There is no other way aorund that unless someone else is doing it for us....but SOMEONE has to do it.

Do not expect the dedicated crafters to play the same way that dedicated fighters play....even if dedicated fighters do stop to gather/mine/chop wood from time to time.

That being said, I disagree with the zerg mentality as much as anyone, but sometimes there just isn't anyone around to assist with the things required, but we crafters can't let production (or the attempt at productions) to halt.

My goal is for you to be able to come to me with any weapons request and I be able to make it for you.  This is going to take some productive time, resources and alot of "griinding".

This doesn't mean I intend on neglecting my fighting skill, but the time has to be split between activities needed to improve my crafting.

This week, I am going to attempt to change my strategy slightly if I need to do something on my own and we'll see how it works.

We're Angels, not saints.

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thefuriousangels.com
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2009, 05:43:35 pm »
Yeah, we possibly need to start scheduling things out and get more organized with what we do at any given time. We need to start focusing a bit more on getting out there and getting our feet more wet with the PvP and less with the grind. The grind is important, but not if it makes you want to quit.

Offline ArchNemesis

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2009, 09:46:26 pm »
This is what i meant by some group outings....

Which reminds me i need to make a new thread which involves the second phase i feel that might help make things a little more different and exciting than grinding harvest nodes -_-.

EDIT:

Also, should you be harvesting while i'm on just let me know. We could  harvest as a group or  I could just patrol while you harvest. It would seem like a nice way of practicing my mounted combat :P

* Discord

Calendar

April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30

No calendar events were found.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 40