Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Author Topic: London Terrorists Bombings....  (Read 1956 times)

Anonymous

London Terrorists Bombings....
« on: July 07, 2005, 05:06:44 am »
If you don't know whats going on... turn on the news...

Anonymous

« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2005, 05:15:04 am »
Damn......That really suck.....

Offline Bellthazor

• Angelic Fury
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2005, 07:16:29 am »
Yea, I heard about it this morning. Bombings in the sub-way and a double decker bus. A group callining it's self "Secret Organization of al-Qaida in Europe" was taking claim for this attack, but according to the news it cannot be confirmed by any of the web sites that al-Qaida uses.

Anonymous

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2005, 08:34:13 am »
Yeah, this is pretty hectic here. I reckon it was either the Al-qaida or some G8 disruptors. This is some messed up shit. I suppose we knew it might happen soon, but we weren't really ready.

Anonymous

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2005, 10:04:30 am »
aside from the people on the news, please keep a few people in prayer for me. my boss's best friend is stationed (air force) near london. also, my former choir director also just told me that his 3 daughters were in london this morning and supposed to be flying home today, and they won't tell him if they got on the plan or not. :(

Offline Manic Velocity

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • Pod Goo & Tonic
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2005, 10:51:02 am »
My thoughts go out to every Londoner.  The U.S. has had to deal with things like this only two or three times in its lifetime, but Europe has had to put up with this shit for decades on end.  And the resolve they show after all of it is really inspiring.

Anonymous

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2005, 11:48:22 am »
My prayers go out to all overseas and here at home.  Apparently the Threat level went up today in the US because of this.  Over 300 people were hurt in this terrorist attack.

Anonymous

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2005, 12:20:56 pm »
My prayers also go out to those people. Terrorists are just heartless, inadequate human beings after all and every act they do proves it further. They choose to attack innocent civilians that have nothing to do with whatever it is they are trying to prove. I have my brother over in Iraq and he tells me all about what goes on over there and the mentality the terrorists and Iraqi civilians have over all this. It's just sickening to see how low and petty some "humans" can be sometimes, GOD THIS SUCKS!!!!!! (I use quotes as a form of sarcasm sometimes, since these animals don't even deserve to be called humans)

Offline ArchNemesis

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2005, 12:54:52 pm »
These people "Pride" themselves in the things they do... PRIDE themselves. That obviously tells you something. They go and do something like bomb something (in this case a bus) and then yell out that they did it to the whole world.

It makes me sick...

I'm not one to pray... simply because i play with what ever cards god and life deals me... but my prayers do go out to the innocent souls overseas...

Anonymous

« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2005, 02:59:55 pm »
I must say... this event does not come as a surprize... or even shock to me at all... not to say I am not appalled... But people forget to easily... these islamic fundimentalist groups have declared war on the rest of the world... These things will happen and will continue to happen. The best we can do is fight back and never surrender.

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace."
- Thomas Paine

Offline Bellthazor

• Angelic Fury
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2005, 03:10:28 pm »
Hey any preyers would be appeciated, my brother just got his orders to head over there again for 6 months. Thanks

Offline Styan

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • http://www.sullycentral.net
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2005, 06:12:57 pm »
My prayers to everyone and anyone that may have any relatives over there.  Its disgusting that such a thing happens, and that there is very little we can do to stop it.

Anonymous

« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2005, 11:52:42 pm »
Same here lost my friends addresses when they shiped over to Iraq...All i know is that one of them is trying to find rebel bases. These "Groups" clam that they do this for God, or as they say Allah. But if you have ever read the Koran it say that the slaughter of Non-Combatats is agian what allah wants. This is Info i got from a Friend who Studies religion. And my prays go out to every one affect by this evil act.

Anonymous

« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2005, 02:57:12 pm »
Late jumping on this thread I know, but as a Londoner I had to say a piece I guess.  Right now like most people I'm a little bit shellshocked, a lot defiant.  9/11 didn't stop me flying to the States weeks after, the nail bomber didn't stop me attending the Mardi Gras and I'll be damned if these f*****s are going to stop me travelling in the city I love.  Tomorrow morning, I'll be on the tube.

Offline Styan

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • http://www.sullycentral.net
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2005, 04:01:31 pm »
Good for you man!  Thats exactly what the attackers don't wanna hear.  The fact that they haven't imposed some form of fear on the general population is a big show that they did not accomplish their task.  Failed if you will.   I commend you for that! :)

* Discord

Calendar

April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30

No calendar events were found.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 30