• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • http://omeganerd.com
UNITY
« on: May 11, 2009, 11:35:29 am »
"Unity, as one stand together
Unity, evolution's gonna come"
-Operation Ivy

So I’ve gone on a few hunting trips with our new found friends Evermore and Sundered guard and I have learned that we have a great opportunity to make a big impact and take the lead by example.  I’m going to be very blunt here when I say that these guys really suck.  They’re mostly all very disorganized, loud, impulsive and untrained.  It was an interesting feeling being with them and realizing we’re much more skilled than these guys.  

This is in no way to knock them but where some may be disappointed I see opportunity.  Here goes:

We’re a lot better than we give ourselves credit for and we can get much better.  In my life I’ve learned that one of the best ways to learn is to teach.  It sounds backwards but it forces you to lead by example and you pick up a lot along the way.  What we have going for us is that we’re learning what we’re good at and what we’re not.  So far in playing with you guys I know Setun is our fierce warrior.  Adad is our eagle eye stealth scout.  Broin and Tbone are getting pretty surgical with archery not to mention being courageous leaders.  I could go on but my point is we’re getting into our roles and learning more and more as we play.  We’re better than we give ourselves credit for.

My personal goals for this clan are to see our reputation spread as the wild card.  The -Never saw us coming, rue the day you cross Mirendil, always have your back but do not fuck with the Angel -clan that I know we can be.  I feel the best way for this to happen is by creating situations that encourage people to build us up via word of mouth.  I feel that we can start organizing tactical groups like we do every once in a while but we need to start taking one ally member each time we go out.  Show them how we roll, how we organize.  Call it a training op.  Basically it will be good practice for us, but the spotlight will also be on us so it’ll nudge us in the direction of being more precise and effective.  Two good benefits here:  We’ll get our tactics refined but also we’ll more than likely impress an ally who will maybe start spreading those words of confidence about how effective we are.

We’ve got the organization, we’ve got the talent but here’s what we’re lacking:

We’re lacking UNITY and I feel this is mostly due to our low attendance.  With unity comes a sort of synergy.  You can feel this synergy during NA peak times when all of us are on.  People get in TS and rally people together for groups.  It’s a great motivator and it will come more natural come more numbers.  This low attendance is expected but guys we really need to step up recruitment.  I don’t mean just taking in anyone and being less selective but until we get to a point where we have at least 10 guys on during off peak hours I feel we need to get going.  Right now 10 people on equates to about 30% of our clan.  To ask that 30% of the clan be in game at all times is a tall order.  We need the numbers so that at any time we come on there’s a group of angels waiting to hunt!  Most of probably do as I do.  Log on… noone is one… meh… I guess I’ll farm until someone gets on.  This won’t cut it.  Now that we have this clan alliance it’s much easier to find pick up groups… but being one angel in a crowd of allies doesn’t work for my goal.  We’re going to shape ourselves into followers unless we take the lead.

We have the unity.  We just need the numbers to make the unity effective.  That synergy is what will keep us hunting and keep us effective but most of all make us respected and feared.

Yeah yeah it's an antiwar song but hearing this song made me want to write this post.
"To the darkened skies once more and ever onward."

Offline Anamodiel

• Staff
    • View Profile
Re: UNITY
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2009, 01:33:14 pm »
I think if we invite one or two of these guys each time into our Teamspeak, that could be very beneficial for them to learn how to really PVP.

We wouldn't want to go into this telling them that we're going to be teaching, though. It would be better if we just kind of told them that we'd like to PVP with them.

It would be fun to be able to PVP with another group that's as good as we are... Last night was bad.

...And we will strike down upon those of Darkness, with great vengeance and Furious Anger, those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.

Offline likwidtek

• RIFTER
  • VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
Re: UNITY
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2009, 02:03:17 pm »
Quote from: "Anamodiel"
We wouldn't want to go into this telling them that we're going to be teaching, though. It would be better if we just kind of told them that we'd like to PVP with them.

Agreed, sorry I should have clarified.  Yes, I don't want us to be like "Hey we need to teach you".

It'd be more like we extend out an invite and let the rest happen naturally.

Offline Erathaol

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
UNITY
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2009, 04:01:40 pm »
I totally agree with both of you.
I like these guys, I really do.  I like them enough that I WANT them to get better.  I also think the best way for them to improve is to practice while surrounded by experienced Angels (hey, maybe they have a few stellar PvPers in their guilds that we just haven't met yet), so I think Ana's suggestion of inviting a few into our TS is a great idea.

As for growing in numbers, how exactly do we do that faster?  There have been plenty of interviews and we're seeing a steady increase in members, but how could us normal Angels help gain more members other than simply waiting (I know we should be talking to people in-game, and we do... but I encounter so few unguilded players)?

Offline likwidtek

• RIFTER
  • VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
UNITY
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2009, 05:28:00 pm »
Quote from: "Erathaol"
I totally agree with both of you.
I like these guys, I really do.  I like them enough that I WANT them to get better.  I also think the best way for them to improve is to practice while surrounded by experienced Angels (hey, maybe they have a few stellar PvPers in their guilds that we just haven't met yet), so I think Ana's suggestion of inviting a few into our TS is a great idea.

As for growing in numbers, how exactly do we do that faster?  There have been plenty of interviews and we're seeing a steady increase in members, but how could us normal Angels help gain more members other than simply waiting (I know we should be talking to people in-game, and we do... but I encounter so few unguilded players)?

This:
http://thefuriousangels.com/index.php?topic=5516

And this:
http://thefuriousangels.com/index.php?topic=5595

And this:
http://thefuriousangels.com/index.php?topic=5693

* Discord

Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4