Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Author Topic: Updates from Day 1 In Game!  (Read 3999 times)

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thefuriousangels.com
Updates from Day 1 In Game!
« on: December 13, 2011, 07:05:29 pm »
So I'm at work now...haven't slept in over 30 hours...and I'm already planning on taking down the world boss before passing out when I get back home.

A couple of random updates from my barely coherent mind...

We are on the Jung Ma server. Don't get confused with any server that's flagged or what our guild hq says.

The guild is formed! Contact a Master to join in game!

Launch has been very smooth so far! We've had an average of 25 members in game at any given time. I received PMs all day from people recognizing us from MxO and saying they were seeing us all over the server. Way to represent!

Some quick tips:

As soon as you get to the Jedi Temple (or wherever the transit shuttle is on Ord Mantell), take the shuttle to the Republic Fleet and pick up the Crew Skills quest. Talk to ALL of the crew skill trainers and that will level you up TWO LEVELS. That's a big advantage in those early levels!

If you can, do the first flashpoint, Esseles, more than once. You'll get more gear, more XP, more social points, more light/dark points and have more of an advantage when you get to Coruscant!

If you get a piece of orange gear, KEEP IT. It can be fully modded. For lightsabers, upgrading the Hilt upgrades the level of the item (how much base damage it does and its rating). For armor, Armoring upgrades the level of the item (how much armor it has and its rating). Not sure what the non-force equivalent is of Hilt.

Anyway, I think I'm level 15 at the moment. Four person groups seem to go a little slower than two person, but you get more things completed (more social points, etc.). We want to try and tackle the world boss at 9:45 FA (CST) tonight, so if you're in game, your goal is to get to level 16 by then!

I believe today they let it people who pre-ordered June 21-26. They did it in several waves, so I assume it will continue that way for the next few days. I hope everyone gets in soon!

Offline Jesseria

• Meat Shield
    • View Profile
Re: Updates from Day 1 In Game!
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2011, 11:18:41 pm »
Not to be a downer, but it is extremely difficult to read this from my perspective. I really wanted to be there for the world boss, and I fear that because of staggering, I'm going to miss out on a lot.

Have fun out there, and don't forget about those who are still waiting. It's very lonely over here.

Offline Anamodiel

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2011, 12:42:55 am »
We ended up pushing the World Boss to tomorrow evening. Eternal Vigilance attempted to take it out, but it weiped them. We should do it earlier than later, just so they don't get the chance to do it again.

...And we will strike down upon those of Darkness, with great vengeance and Furious Anger, those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.

Offline jarmeat

• Meat Shield
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2011, 12:43:19 am »
Well to be fair: though you may not be on board with the initial wave of boss-whooping, you'll probably still have a fair share of FA members who had complications getting pre-ordered and set for early access. And, as one of these folks myself, I'm sure we're all itching to handle big bosses and stuff for the first time with you.

Though, if you're concern is that you really want to be in that first wave for the joy of experiencing the content before so many others... well then I got nothing. But I offer my sympathies.

Tbone: thanks for the update. I'm getting sympathy yawns just reading about your power-gaming spree.

Offline eeth

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2011, 03:04:15 am »
Quote from: "Anamodiel"
We ended up pushing the World Boss to tomorrow evening. Eternal Vigilance attempted to take it out, but it weiped them. We should do it earlier than later, just so they don't get the chance to do it again.

word is they got it down on a 3rd attempt.

"Uh oh, am I...am I crashing? There's too much dancing!"

Offline Avzeke (Khr0n1k)

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2011, 03:31:24 am »
Quote from: "Jesseria"
Not to be a downer, but it is extremely difficult to read this from my perspective. I really wanted to be there for the world boss, and I fear that because of staggering, I'm going to miss out on a lot.

Have fun out there, and don't forget about those who are still waiting. It's very lonely over here.

I just logged out. We have 49 members in game, 19 of those are lvl 10 or under. I don't know the exact number but I think 49 is less than half of our total members. If you get in tomorrow and play all day you will end up being ahead of a large percentage of people in the guild. So you aren't missing out on much.

I know that I played about half of the day and I won't be playing for the next two days. You will most likely pass me. It will all work out so don't stress.

Topherous Jedi Sentinel
Artifice, Archaeology, Treasure Hunting

Offline NoCry

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2011, 03:37:55 am »
Please remember chaps - to get guild invite the quickest - be in TS and let a master know you need an invite.

Offline Ketamininja

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2011, 04:33:23 am »
Just a quick note from me to say.. last night rocked! Been a while since a grouped in any game, and it was good to be supporting the FA teammates in Esseles, as well as in all the other quests.

Oh, and way to go Ratio :) I think we all knew you'd be top of the server list :D

I'm a total frickin rock star from mars.
C'mon bro, I got tiger blood.

Offline Manic Velocity

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • Pod Goo & Tonic
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2011, 09:55:25 am »
My character looks like a blond Malcom Reynolds.  100% intentional.

Offline Trushott

• Meat Shield
    • View Profile
    • http://Www.renshawauto.com
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2011, 02:52:44 pm »
Thanks for the update Tbone ... Was fun reading it since I'm playing vicariously through you guys at the moment and i may not get in for a couple more days of staggering

Heh the waiting is killing me

Offline Bohlareon

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2011, 02:25:36 am »
What ended up being the wave and release dates for Day 2?  I'll continue to peruse the forums to see if I can find them but figure you guys/gals would be on it already :)

EDIT:
Found!
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=16391

In the good news dept, whereas Day 1 was pretty much Week 1 of preorders, Day 2 was up and through roughly the beginning of October.

Check out the quote from StephenReid:
Today, we invited people who had pre-ordered up to the very beginning of October (roughly). Tomorrow, we're going to be inviting the same number of people again; that will take us up to the last week or so of November. On Friday, we'll be inviting even more, and we'll give you an update on that tomorrow.

This means my 11/30 Preorder (although the time difference says i'm 12/1 on the site) might make me a lucky winner for Day 3.  I'm ok if I go on Day 4.  An extra day or so to try and finish off Skyward Sword never hurts.  I have a feeling once I get my "in" with SWTOR, I'm going to kiss my Wii goodbye (and no that's not a euphemism).

* Discord

Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
[19] 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

No calendar events were found.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 21