Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Author Topic: Caution in posting.  (Read 4232 times)

Offline Paitryn

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
Caution in posting.
« on: October 26, 2010, 08:22:23 pm »
In one of the hot topics on the general forums at the moment, i chose to try and put a positive spin for both DEV and player community. my post on this page was in hopes to keep people looking on the bright side.

one person replied making anologies about steaks and I tried to keep the humorous point going by stating "now I want steak too."

however i recieved a notification that my post was removed due to off topic;

Hi Paitryn,

We've recently removed a post of yours from the "Bioware, I'm rooting for you, but you're shooting yourself in the foot (Part 3)" thread. You're not in any trouble; your post was just removed because it was off-topic. In the future, please remember to keep your replies constructive to the discussion at hand!

Thank you for keeping the forums a fun, friendly place to be!

--Beverly

I was surprised at this, seeing as how the general threads are full of these light hearted statments to keep negativity levels to a minimum and are just fine, however I was single out possibly for reasons unkown. lately this isnt the first time. I apologized but stated i was surprised that my statement was removed while most stay in, but ended with good luck and hope you dont work too hard.

Moral of the story: keep strictly on topic. It may or may not be because of who we are, but it never hurts to be on the safe side right now.

Offline Fuse

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • http://www.lostlocalhost.com
Re: Caution in posting.
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2010, 09:14:23 pm »
wow.

Offline Manic Velocity

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • Pod Goo & Tonic
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2010, 09:18:13 pm »
Is this going to be like Wargames?

"The only way to win is to not play."

From what I've seen of these mods so far, I'm less inclined to participate on the forums at all.  I hate walking on eggshells.

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thefuriousangels.com
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2010, 09:21:01 pm »
This is very strange indeed. Surely we haven't caused THAT much of a ruckus. Sounds like the mods are just 16 year olds power tripping.

Offline Ghisteslwchlohm

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2010, 09:51:22 pm »
At least Beverly was polite and tactful about slapping you in the face. It bugs me when people in positions of authority don't even try to even sound reasonable.

Offline Erathaol

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2010, 10:17:11 pm »
"Your post was removed because of the faction to which you belong.  While many of our other forum users have gotten away with much worse and much more often, we have chosen to single you out because your faction represents a threat to the current SW:TOR status quo, and frankly we just don't like you.  In the future, please remember to keep your replies in accordance with the arbitrary whims of the SW:TOR forum Moderators.  
Bugger off already, Furious Angels!"
--Beverly

Hey, at least it's not to that (wildly exaggerated) point yet.  We'll just have to jump through their silly flaming hoops and be the most polite, constructive, and reasonable forum users they have ever seen.  If our behavior is above reproach, they'll eventually get bored and let us post in peace, I hope.

Offline Paitryn

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
Caution in posting.
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2010, 10:27:29 pm »
We did have a small conversation where she said too many posts will derail the thread bla bla. The thread is a hot topic that has recieved a reply from the Dev staff asking players to be patient more content is coming soon, so it may be that the thread is just too hot and Moderators are watching it too closely right now.

Also do keep in mind like Blizzard, they are using employees for moderators unlike SOE that uses volunteer staff. That doesnt mean these employees wont have guild interests however. A friend of mine works for Blizz and plays in his free time. and he is a GM.

Offline Lithium

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://followtheangel.org
Caution in posting.
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2010, 11:09:38 pm »
Quote from: "Paitryn"
Also do keep in mind like Blizzard, they are using employees for moderators unlike SOE that uses volunteer staff. That doesnt mean these employees won't have guild interests however. A friend of mine works for Blizz and plays in his free time. and he is a GM.

Oh? I was under the impression that mods were hired from within the community? I thought they put out recruitment posts months ago asking for applications to mod. Maybe I was confusing that with another game.

Don't believe everything you think.

Offline Paitryn

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
Caution in posting.
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2010, 12:09:30 am »
I never remembered that post, so i did a search on the forums and came up with nothing useful (besides the Mod bat being too quick to swing) still digging under moderator though. I could be mistaken, but most of the moderators ive seen have been there for a long time. at least the ones ive dealt with.

Offline NoCry

• Staff
    • View Profile
Caution in posting.
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2010, 01:43:00 am »
I had a similar experience yesterday (not my off topic point). My post was removed because one of the letters in one of my on topic and relevant sentences had our hyperlink in it. In short, hyperlinks to our challenge are also causing concern. A series of pms ensued with the mod but she assures me that it was the hyperlink which caused problems.

What is even more frustrating is my comments were in a thread in a topic entitled "what do you want from a guild" My response was "somewhere where you belong".

Offline Paitryn

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
Caution in posting.
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2010, 03:31:44 am »
yeah they are swinging the bat pretty hard and fast lately. Many General discussion threads are starting to be combined if the topic even seems similar. One topic reguarding crafting confirmed (which was nothing really) was completely closed and referred to another thread. usually only space combat has had that treatment and everyone else had free reign to post just about anything SWTOR related.

Either someone cracked a whip, or people are hitting too close to the mark. Either way somethings up. Hopefully its a big announcement everyone has been standing on their toes to see. Especially with the crafting system announcement supposedly coming "really soon" at a time when players were half expecting it that following fridays release.

Offline Paitryn

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
Caution in posting.
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2010, 03:37:13 am »
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=218561&page=2

read how this topic just goes strait off into nothing for a while. no ban hammer. yet i make one comment about steaks and they're all over me like white on rice.

Offline Da6onet

• VETERAN ANGEL
  • I shall either find a way or make one.
    • View Profile
    • JPL
Caution in posting.
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2010, 06:57:49 am »
Quote from: "Paitryn"
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=218561&page=2

read how this topic just goes strait off into nothing for a while. no ban hammer. yet I make one comment about steaks and they're all over me like white on rice.

Blacks, Jews, Muslims post 9/11, Japanese-Americans during WWII, Catholics/Protestants in 16th century England, Communists in the 50s, FA on the SWTOR forums.

Ok so obviously we're not being burned at the stake (just yet), so I thought I would put some perspective on our current plight. Though it would be easier if the moderators took bribes.
If all the world's problems were solved today, what would you have left to do tomorrow?

NEED NEW SIGNATURE, CAN PAY IN THE FORM OF BEER!!!

Offline Shirokumo

• Soldier
    • View Profile
Caution in posting.
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2010, 12:22:46 pm »
This is getting ridiculous, and is slightly disheartening. FA was loved in MxO by mod and player alike (unless you were a red player, sorry dude) because RPing was clutch in that game. It almost seems like the mods don't want you to RP. I've seen people asked not to reply in character in forums outside of the RP forum, but I've never heard of a viral marketing campaign being called "too cryptic". Clearly they're morons, and saying that makes me feel better.

Formerly WhiteMyst.

Offline Paitryn

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
Caution in posting.
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2010, 02:29:47 pm »
the Rp thing is following the WoW trend of making fun of RPers cuz "thats so stupid" of a concept to RP in your RPGs. Its not something of a BioWare thing, but community response and moderators having to babysit/deal with that all the time. I couldnt see how some people like sean dalhberg actually dealt with being a forum babysitter when your whole reason for being there was to develop video games. Incidentally hes now lead designer for a game called faxion, looks to be a F2P mmo coming out later.

* Discord

Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
[12] 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

No calendar events were found.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 234