Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Author Topic: Guess our idea got a little RP popular  (Read 2728 times)

Offline Paitryn

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
Guess our idea got a little RP popular
« on: October 31, 2010, 01:12:07 am »
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=219285

People are now using coded messages for RP purposes. The idea is taking off, but its not helping us any.

Any ideas on possibly capitalizing on the craze without much effort? perhaps hosing some RP based coding sessions that get various players involved and it not lead back to the guild as some sort of indirect advertising?

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thefuriousangels.com
Re: Guess our idea got a little RP popular
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2010, 12:54:46 pm »
Hmm, well it was definitely mirrored from us, as apparently the subject of the PM said "not a guild invite" and yet people still thought it was us for the first couple of pages...lol. As long as I don't get a warning for this when I didn't even do it.

As for us using any more coded messages, if you paid attention to their reaction to this message, anything we do at the moment is going to be perceived as another attempt at getting people to our guild, even if it isn't. Especially if we are using coded messages. Feel free to RP, but I don't think we should start our own coded RP that doesn't go anywhere, as the thread will be full of "not again"s.

Offline Lithium

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://followtheangel.org
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2010, 02:53:00 pm »
Ironically, this might have helped us. The number of hits to the site was slightly up and we had two new applications since yesterday.

Don't believe everything you think.

Offline Paitryn

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2010, 08:12:30 pm »
Im a horrible forum RPer as it just doesnt fit my RP playstyle to write my thoughts into a thread like a novelist versus keeping them to myself in LARP versions.

as for the coded message fallout, I dunno what to say. We might try some formal apology over the spam incident since it hit some people more than once, and would show that we arent bad people, just something that happened that wasnt intended could bring a better light to us.

but yes I think the Coded RP thing is bringing us some good attention too, since its really raising interests in our guild.

Offline Erathaol

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2010, 08:16:27 pm »
It looks... stupid.  If I received that PM, I'd have no desire whatsoever to solve it.  It gets even worse as the thread goes along; everything The_Phenomenon posted smacked of desperation, and I think many of "the Chosen" picked up on that and have stopped trying to solve his silly puzzles.

I will say this, though.  Many of these people, particularly that Kyote guy, seem incredibly bitter towards us.  But on the upside, at least they know about us.

Offline Manic Velocity

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • Pod Goo & Tonic
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2010, 10:32:48 pm »
Kyote liked us when he thought we were BioWare, and he decided to invest a lot of time into our challenge thinking it was an elaborate beta invite or something. He's only pissed now because he allowed himself to get his hopes up on baseless assumptions. He wants someone to blame for what he feels is wasted time, but doesn't want to look in the mirror.

</soapbox>

Offline Paitryn

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2010, 03:36:23 am »
There is going to be those types of people and they tend to do more advertising for us as much as they do against us because people will look at us wondering what he's so upset about. and the positive is those people that do come because of him wont be getting the same high hopes.

Offline ArchNemesis

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2010, 05:01:31 pm »
Kyote is just some young angry kid. lol

It's his own damn fault if he was susceptible enough for it to make him this annoyed.

Offline Shirokumo

• Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2010, 01:27:36 am »
Quote from: "ManicVelocity"
Kyote liked us when he thought we were BioWare, and he decided to invest a lot of time into our challenge thinking it was an elaborate beta invite or something. He's only pissed now because he allowed himself to get his hopes up on baseless assumptions. He wants someone to blame for what he feels is wasted time, but doesn't want to look in the mirror.

</soapbox>

Here, here!

Formerly WhiteMyst.

Offline Stumpy

• Meat Shield
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2010, 12:10:47 pm »
Quote from: "ManicVelocity"

</soapbox>

At first I was the same way. When I got yalls email I thought it was BW doing some "Ilovebees" campaign.

After I finished the puzzles and learned it was a guild invite I was a little disappointing. But then I realized that the fact a guild could pull something off like that was pretty awesome, not to mention refreshing from all the other guild invites I have received (which borders on the line of about a paragraph). Also it showed that yall are hard workers which i can appreciate.

* Discord

Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
[12] 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

No calendar events were found.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 230