Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Author Topic: So sad...makes me glad I'm here  (Read 10516 times)

Anonymous

So sad...makes me glad I'm here
« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2004, 01:43:26 am »
God damned, I love this faction.  So many intelligent people, having real discussions.  I know this is off topic, but it just fills me with pride to be part of this group.

To be a Zionist.  To fight for what all of mankind inherently deserves:  Freedom.  The freedom to choose.

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thefuriousangels.com
« Reply #31 on: May 08, 2004, 03:08:21 am »
Quote from: "Muse"
But above all (and here I am briefly reminded of Moulin Rouge) ... honor.

Lol

We've got some good thoughts running here. It is true that we don't have a set "code" yet. If you analyze our name, however, I believe you will find that our code is hidden there. Sure, the name originated from a song off the Matrix Reloaded soundtrack. The reason I decided to use it, however, was the meaning behind it. "Angels" implies mercy, fair judgement, grace, patience, saviors, etc. "Furious", however, adds a twist. Those who stand in the way of our objective will be struck down with great fury. In other words, our good side is extremely good, and our wrathful side is not one to be reckoned with. There was a good bible verse that someone posted that fit rather well.

We are also about freedom. I don't want to restrict your thoughts and opinions by binding you to some code. We are all alike here. Look around you. You are amongst the best of the best. So far we are all on the same page! Yes, we have quite a few number of members. The surprising thing is that every one of you is quite intelligent. Our age range is from 15-39, yet we are all able to have intellectual conversations. I dare you to try and find a "n00b" post on this forum! I'm honored to be leading such a fine group. Just stick around! There are great things coming soon!

Anonymous

« Reply #32 on: May 08, 2004, 03:28:14 am »
After reading that I have the same warm feeling in my chest as when you drink a fine whiskey. Ahhh, the beauty of moral.

Anonymous

« Reply #33 on: May 08, 2004, 03:32:53 am »
I think your right TBone, but a great deal of credit must go to you, your selection process was a good way to get rid of the weak, thus making it a strong clan, and a good group of people, and with the 1 week period to expell anyone you see unfit gives the remaining members a sense of achievment to of made it into the FA, and something to spur them on in battle, the pride of being a furious angel.

Anonymous

« Reply #34 on: May 08, 2004, 03:49:23 am »
First of all, I want to express what a great honor it is to be a part of such a fine organization.  It will be my pleasure to fight alongside all of you.  I have never seen a more mature group, no matter what age.  I also agree with the ways of the samurai, and wars of honor.  I don't think that any modern wars since maybe the American Civil War have been about honor, but rather about selfish government goals.  The wars of the samurai, much like the wars that were fictionally fought for the Matrix, are wars of honor that have a true cause.

I agree with what you're all saying that we should start thinking about what we'll do in-game.  As a matter of fact, I think it's better that we start thinking now, before we know what restrictions the game will put on us.  Now we can start planning for the unexpected.  We can base ourselves on what we already know about the game and the Matrix in general.

I believe that most Zionist missions will involve rescuing or finding coppertops that are in potentially dangerous locations.  That's just what I think.  Therefore, we could plan that ships will split up depending on ability with tasks such as creating a distraction, providing cover fire, hacking the area for weak spots that will allow us to infiltrate with minimal fighting.  These are just a few starting suggestions.

Anonymous

« Reply #35 on: May 08, 2004, 03:56:30 am »
Now that is the most useful strategy i have read on these forums, and It is a very good Idea. We should split up for maximum effectivness in the field, But it might be more usefull to have mixed crewmembers in the same group as Each ship will be in communication with each other and would therefore make communication between teams easier.

Anonymous

« Reply #36 on: May 08, 2004, 03:58:11 am »
Im still not entirely sure how this game is going to work. This is how i see it at the moment. These missions are voluntary, say an ally faction ship is in trouble. So we all jack in, sort the problem out. Done. So then what, if we jack out then the game could become kind of poiontless , no time given to levl up or increase in skill. So what then do we do if there are no missions, if the whole game is based on factions, there will be no one to kill (and there arnt monsters to kill) so can anyone fill me in on what happens?

Anonymous

« Reply #37 on: May 08, 2004, 04:01:58 am »
Nex:  I think that we will be able to free roam Megacity from what's been shown in videos, and the fact that they've built this enormous city.  Then, we will come into contact with NPCs from both Zionist and Machinist sides, being able to choose whichever we want.  The rest of the roaming time will be spent hopefully PvP-ing so that we can level up.  Hopefully they will allow you to use the construct as soon as you are awarded a ship to train and level up.

Anonymous

« Reply #38 on: May 08, 2004, 04:03:52 am »
From what I've read, you can play the game for a great long time without having to deal with PvP.  So, they either have modes you can set, or areas marked, for PvP.

Anonymous

« Reply #39 on: May 08, 2004, 05:52:39 am »
Hang on, who the hell are the npc machinists? I mean, they are a completely new faction for the Matrix, and there was not one machinist in the films, apart from the agents.

Offline likwidtek

• RIFTER
  • VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • http://omeganerd.com
« Reply #40 on: May 08, 2004, 07:00:31 am »
Quote from: "Eclipse"
Now Likwidtek your idea about us shaping MxO by having FA only fight for Peace is a well idealed and commendable plan, but I'm not sure how effective it would be. The reasons for this is let's jsut be relistic for a moment. We can't ever make FULL peace. It's a game that is striving off of the fact that the peace is shaky at best, and soon will come to an end. If we were to become close to causing peace, the game developers would cause some faction of AI machinists to like do something to disrupt it, or like have the machines backstab us or something. But I'm not disagreeing with you on what we should fight for. We SHOULD fight for peace, or atleast first and foremost Zion. Or let's take that and change it to let's fight for the humans. Different definitions right?

I know that no matter what there will always be separatists.  But I just think it would be neat to see the desert of the real turn into a populated city again.  WITH the help of the machines.  As you remember WE are the one’s who caused the war.  It was US who drove the machines out.  They ONLY wanted to make good business and ally.  Originally THEY wanted peace.  Ironic.0000000000000000000

How neat would it be to see more to the story… The war with the machines is over.  But separatists from each group still want to wage war due to prejudice.  I think it would be neat.

For those of you who have not watched the ANIMATRIX I highly suggest that you do so.  It’s where I thought of a lot of this.  Also.. I just watched the original Matrix movie again last night…  

Man it amazes me how awesome that movie is and was.  In my opinion it is the best out of all of them.  And I think as far as story goes…  it would be the most applicable to the game.  Just things like the construct (loading program) being able to bring ANYTHING me want into game.  Be it guns, bombs, vehicles, computers, money (which is why money is not going to work in the game… information is what is bartered)
"To the darkened skies once more and ever onward."

Offline likwidtek

• RIFTER
  • VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 08, 2004, 07:09:26 am »
Quote from: "Ajax"
Hang on, who the hell are the npc machinists? I mean, they are a completely new faction for the Matrix, and there was not one machinist in the films, apart from the agents.

Cypher was a machinist.  NPC stands for non playable character.  So basically the NPC's I can see that will be machinists will be of course agents...  and other programs and humans who support their cause.

Now what I am curious to know .... is how many humans will be jacked into the matrix that support the machines.

I am not sure how a hovercraft that has to get to broadcast depth to hack into the matrix will be able to survive without the support and cover of Zion.  Not to mention where they got the hovercraft and supplies etc.

This will be interesting to see how the story unfolds.

Anonymous

« Reply #42 on: May 08, 2004, 07:20:00 am »
If you have seen the animatrix, you will know that the machines developed the hovercraft, and so I suppose that they could qiute easily be able to fix their machinist ships. And cypher didn't really get into the full flow of the machinist movement, and so he didn't really count.

Anonymous

« Reply #43 on: May 08, 2004, 07:26:40 am »
Excatly likwed I agree with you on this. Except for the part of the macines and human war coming completely to an end. My human side wants it, lol but the gamer side says the game's gonna be corny then so he's struggling saying, "Well...I donno....."

Maybe in our strategy forums we should already start getting to work with possible scenarios and methods of soultion to these. I do think first that each ship should ahve ATLEAST one of each ability tree, because chances are they're going to need that person. Sometimes spies of two shipsare going to have to work together just to infiltrate a building while the crews just watch by. Sometimes we're going to have to beleive them for them, but if things get hairy you know we can throw in a hacker to use the signal code protection, then some soldiers in to kick some butt. This is why I think we should ask everyone in the forum what they would like to be, and what they feel are there general strengths and weaknesses. It will give us a general idea of how many of what we need in a ship, and basically how many ships we'll need, and the different possible attack scenarios that could go down...etc etc.

And if we're a Zionist faction, what's going to be up with the npc machinist and other agencies that aren't zionist? You know I don't think we should "ban" people from doing that, bcuz it'd be extrmely hard and yo'd lose alot of members, but I think we should atleast discourage it ..... maybe?

Also, one last thing. if we're going to be in these crews and factions and whaeer, and we help each other out, no one's ever said about the advancing and upgrading of your character. You know say if you're on a crew and uyou go into a place for some code. Now after you're done, who gets the code...I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts for that...?

Offline likwidtek

• RIFTER
  • VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 08, 2004, 07:35:54 am »
If you have seen the animatrix, you will know that the machines developed the hovercraft

I don't doubt that this is true... but which part in the animatrix supports this?

And cypher didn't really get into the full flow of the machinist movement, and so he didn't really count.

I think what you meant to say is he was not part of an organized machinists movement.  Of course not.  Because whatever in the story that is supposed to take place that allows groups of humans to separate from Zion, live independently, and take up arms with or for the machines in one way or the other (it’s still not known if the Machines even recognize the human machinist movement), has not happened yet.

That’s why I said it’s going to be interesting to see how the story unfolds to see exactly how this is going to possible.

The problem I see with the machines acknowledging a human ran machinists movement is this:  The machines only would use the “help” of the humans if it was something they COULD NOT do.  Which like in the first movie, was when they needed cipher to do some actions in the real world.  Since this entire game takes place in the matrix and not in the real world… why would the machines need the help of humans?

The answer is they don’t!  The machines agreed to the truce.  And like the architect said when asked if the oracle had his word, “what am I, human?”  Meaning the machines as a singular and collective consciousness agree to the terms of the truce.

THUS, I don’t see ANY humans getting the support of the machines.  Meaning, they will have to be some sort of rouge operation… battling not only soldiers of ZION but also the machines.

I think if it were up to the machines… They would just either reinsert their bodies into the matrix or kill them.  Less free minds to deal with.

* Discord

Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
[1] 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

No calendar events were found.

* Who's Online