Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 6774 times)

Offline Ragnarok

• Angelic Wrath
    • View Profile
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2011, 04:26:59 pm »
Yeah you have a point but what about dragon age? Come on that game even had dragon in its name and its big bady was a dragon. I didn't see you bashing that game for using dragons. If they would have replaced that dragon in the TES commercial with some other creature it would have still generated all the hype that it did.

So long as I breathe, I live. So long as I live, I fight. So long as I fight, I triumph!

Online Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thefuriousangels.com
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2011, 05:00:47 pm »
I think you've made my point for me. The reason I haven't bashed Dragon Age 2 for dragons is because none of their trailers involve an "epic fight with a dragon"! DRAGON is even in the freakin name and they know to show more than "our game is about dragons". There's maybe a half second of a dragon in the whole trailer.

Yes, Dragon Age has dragons in it. Like I said, I don't like dragons. I don't really like fantasy. My entire freakin point is that using dragons to CAUSE the hype is overdone, because EVERY FANTASY GAME HAS DRAGONS. So show something else, like the Dragon Age trailers did. I'm not impressed that your game has dragon. I'm not excited about Dragon Age 2 because it has dragons. Show me something else.

Please tell me you get it now.

Offline Ragnarok

• Angelic Wrath
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2011, 05:32:04 pm »
Didn't the original Dragon age trailer have a dragon in it? I got your point from your first post lol. It just seem to me all you are looking at in the trailer is the dragon and not all the other stuff that is going on.

So long as I breathe, I live. So long as I live, I fight. So long as I fight, I triumph!

Offline Saint

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.wix.com/saintxxx/Jedi-Archives
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2011, 06:27:30 pm »
Dont be a hater T...  ;)

Online Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2011, 06:33:29 pm »
No, I liked a lot of stuff in the trailer. It looks a lot better than the old engine. Things react when you hit them, there are finishing moves. Animations, etc. are all stellar. But the actual good stuff was just quick flashes away from the dragon chasing that guy.

The trailer was POV of dragon...stone etching detailing dragons...POV of dragon again...dragon waking up...guy being cornered by dragon...all while a voiceover was saying "They're waking up again! It's time for teh dragonz!!"

I guess the other games didn't have dragons, so it's a big deal for them to finally have them in their fantasy world, but compared to every other fantasy world, it's just not what I would showcase.

I mean, if I went up to you and said "Hey, did you see that new fantasy game trailer where there's dragons?", that could be ANY fantasy game.  But if I said "did you see that new trailer for that fantasy game where the guy was fighting with a half sword/half staff and used two fiery hands from another plane of existence to rip the baddie in half", you'd probably know I was talking about DA2 if you had seen it.

And it's really not just the dragon thing. To complete the trailer stereotype, all they were missing was "Join forces with the elves and the dwarves". Same thing there - if a fantasy trailer showcased simply that you could play as an elf, I'd judge them too.

Online Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2011, 06:34:08 pm »
Quote from: "Saint"
don't be a hater T...  ;)

Haha, I know. I'm just not a fantasy fanboi. I've been ripping on DCUO too today. Lots of hate! Just bitter that SWTOR isn't out!

Offline Ragnarok

• Angelic Wrath
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2011, 08:48:09 pm »
Quote from: "Tbone"

And it's really not just the dragon thing. To complete the trailer stereotype, all they were missing was "Join forces with the elves and the dwarves". Same thing there - if a fantasy trailer showcased simply that you could play as an elf, I'd judge them too.

Sorry but their are no dwarfs in TES. The closest race to dwarfs are the Dwemer (Deep Elves) but they vanished into thin air. They also were the same height as humans and classified as an Elven Clan.

Yes I know I'm way to much of a TES fanboy, but I cant help it. It has to be my favorite rpg series next to Deus Ex.

Online Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2011, 10:52:27 pm »
Quote from: "Ragnarok"

Sorry but their are no dwarfs in TES.

I KNOW there are no dwarves in the Elder Scrolls. That wasn't my point at....oh, nevermind, I give up. You win.

Offline Ragnarok

• Angelic Wrath
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2011, 11:09:35 pm »

I KNOW there are no dwarves in the Elder Scrolls. That wasn't my point at....oh, nevermind, I give up. You win.

YES!!!! You know I said I got your point in an earlier post lol. You don't like how they used dragons as their key marketing point in the trailer. The whole TES doesn't have dwarfs was addressing this "all they were missing was "Join forces with the elves and the dwarves"...".

Online Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2011, 12:05:43 am »

YES!!!! You know I said I got your point in an earlier post lol. You don't like how they used dragons as their key marketing point in the trailer. The whole TES doesn't have dwarfs was addressing this "all they were missing was "Join forces with the elves and the dwarves"...".

It's a hyperbolic argument of comparison. An example:

"That dude is way too obsessed with whales. He couldn't be more obsessed if the whales hopped on land and did a tap dance."

In this example, your response would have been "But whales can't tap dance. They don't even have feet."

It's hyperbole. An exaggeration for effect. "All that trailer was missing was them saying you can play as elves and dwarves to defeat the dragon!". "All that trailer was missing was a hobbit carrying a ring to a fiery pit.". "All that trailer was missing was a bunch of robed guys in long beards speaking in old english."

Why do I keep replying to this? Why?? Why????!!!

Offline Ragnarok

• Angelic Wrath
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2011, 12:56:46 am »
IDK I have already acknowledged your point but for some reason you decided to keep arguing it, while I just want you to get over your obsession with hating dragons so you can look at some of the new features the game is including.

Offline Ragnarok

• Angelic Wrath
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2011, 04:05:36 pm »
    * Set 200 years after Oblivion, in a snow realm north of Cyrodil called Skyrim. Set during a civil war, possibly between two brothers who will accidentally cause the world-destroying dragon Alduin to be born.
        * Player is a Dragonborne, able to slay dragons and trained by the last living Blade.
        * Ten races to choose from, players can edit bodies as well as faces.
        * Combat more dynamic with finishing moves, unique weapon attacks and the ability to forge your own from red hot metal. Dual wielding a possibility.
        * 18 skills to choose from, as well as Fallout-esque Perks
        * NPCs more dynamic. They will move around as they talk to you, rather than have the camera zoom in for a headshot. If you drop items, they will react to them -- for instance, a helpful child might try to pick up a dropped sword and return it to you, or two men could fight over your discarded loot.
        * Quests can be randomly generated and are tailored to suit your style of play. The game judges your strengths and weaknesses by logging your data, and will give your appropriate challenges.
        * Five "massive" cities that you can do many things in, such as smithing, farming, mining, woodcutting and cooking. Killing a shopkeep could lead to someone else taking the store over now, and Dragons may possibly launch attacks on towns.
        * Five magic schools: Destruction, Alteration, Conjuration, Restoration and Illusion.
        * The engine is entirely new, with dynamic snow and shadows, detailed trees, and water that flows differently depending on how the wind is blowing.
        * Confirmed enemies are zombies, skeletons, trolls, giants, ice wraiths, giant spiders, dragons, wolves, horses Elk, mammoth and saber-toothed cats.
        * Third person view has been improved.
        * Players can now sprint at the cost of stamina.
        * BEARDS CONFIRMED! YOU CAN HAVE BEARDS!

Offline JazzyC

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2011, 04:11:32 pm »
NPCs more dynamic. They will move around as they talk to you, rather than have the camera zoom in for a headshot. If you drop items, they will react to them -- for instance, a helpful child might try to pick up a dropped sword and return it to you, or two men could fight over your discarded loot.

I'll believe that when I see it.  That sounds incredible and would add to the immersion.  But, I think it'll just be poorly implemented (if implemented at all).

Offline Ragnarok

• Angelic Wrath
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2011, 06:29:52 pm »
Well that was straight out of gameinformer/destrutoid.com so their has to be some truth to it.

EDIT: link to a more complete list click me

Offline JazzyC

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2011, 05:47:51 am »
I'm not saying it's false.  But just something they'll end up canning before release because it "didn't feel right".

* Discord

Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
[1] 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

No calendar events were found.

* Who's Online

Social