Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Author Topic: Weekly FA Meetings  (Read 19338 times)

Offline Baobinga

• Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.soundcloud.com/djz
Weekly FA Meetings
« Reply #30 on: September 28, 2010, 04:53:23 pm »
I need to sign up for text alerts.

Offline Aerosian

• Meat Shield
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/jonathan.marinaro
Weekly FA Meetings
« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2010, 08:49:15 pm »
Oooogh.... Sorry I missed last night guys. Stupid Sushi Factory Sushi.... I will never eat at a place which is a 'factory'..... at least for sushi.

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thefuriousangels.com
Weekly FA Meetings
« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2010, 08:53:32 pm »
No problem, just make sure you leave feedback after testing the challenge.

Offline Manic Velocity

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • Pod Goo & Tonic
Weekly FA Meetings
« Reply #33 on: October 04, 2010, 09:12:09 pm »
TOR Updates:
Advanced classes updates.  Nothing we didn't already know, but still a good read.  Some small visual updates to the Holonet on swtor.net  Rumors of a new wave of testing invites.  Supposedly if you are chosen as a tester, you are assigned a class to play, and asked to report feedback on missions/abilities/etc.

Challenge updates:
We missed our October 1st deadline.  Hoping against hope to finish on Thursday, October 7th, to go live on the 8th.  Lots of bug fixes on Adad's side.  Some features still not implemented.  Testing and feedback is still appreciated!  We caught many bugs, but we can't squash all of them without your help.  We need to you try to break the challenge.  When providing feedback, be as specific as possible with where/how you caught any bugs, so we know how to recreate the conditions that caused the bugs.

Yotogi is adding some nice polish to his portion of the challenge.  Things are coming together!

Once everything is live, we'll go through with distributing the cipher throughout the TOR community.  Once the cipher is out, we wait to see if anyone bites.  If no one bites, we'll take the initial step ourselves to get the conversation rolling.  When people begin to realize that the challenge is associated with us, Tbone will start an official recruitment thread on the TOR forums.  At this point, we all really need to get involved with the TOR community to make our presence known.

FA Gear:
Get your ideas rolling for some new FA gear.  If any fonts or images are needed, contact Tbone.

Offline Da6onet

• VETERAN ANGEL
  • I shall either find a way or make one.
    • View Profile
    • JPL
Weekly FA Meetings
« Reply #34 on: October 25, 2010, 10:56:07 pm »
Big Week
Challenge release
-Ended up sending pm's from Faintsignal to 568 names Thursday night (Could only pm 5 people every 60 seconds, so it took a while to get them all out)
-Idea was that thread would be started by these people, before even finished sending out pms a thread rapidly progressed.
-Currently that thread has 668+ posts, 26,425 views!!!
-People still feel galaxy map is bugged; most people who get through do so by persistent clicking
-Tone now changed because people figured out the purpose of followthesignal
-Some of the initial theories about the challenge: Bioware made it, it leads to a beta key, 2 year anniversary of game announcement, etc.

Aftermath
-Faintsignal can no longer PM :-( no worries, all messages sent out
-Threads posted on other sites have been deleted for variety of reasons (like guild advertising or no reasoning), though some of smaller guilds' leaders posted on their own forums/blogs
-Early evidence from trying to create self made thread/posts on other sites has led to an early conclusion that posting our own thread wouldn't have been as good as letting others organically grow the conversation.
-So far about 12 applications over the weekend (and now a couple new members!)
-Recruitment thread was originally deleted because it wasn't blatantly obvious that we're a guild and we're recruiting
-Response back was that the moderators were being overly cautious because of complaints received
-Remember that moderators are leaders of other guilds, they're community people just like we are, so they will be biased
-Some of the complaints from more important guild leaders was because our initial campaign pm'd other leaders and they felt insulted, like it's "in your face we're so awesome," trying to steal them and/or their members away
-We are appeasing the swtor gods to the best of our RP abilities, we have to be careful with "cryptic" messages so as not to seem as spam bumping, hopefully this probationary phase will pass with time if we show through action we're positive members of the community.
-Yes we do realize all other guilds are bumping the hell out of their threads, but please follow the rules strictly, we're being held to a higher standard.
-We're being watched very carefully because we made waves. Don't worry, it's a good thing, now people know who we are. The controversy is press, and any bad or good press is still press.

Where do we go from here?
-If we start posting positively throughout the community, we can win over the people we want to win over.
-We did tread a thin line on being disrespectful, should help us in the long run, but right now we're getting shutdown at a precipitous rate. We're having trouble getting traction with other sites/communities.
-We want to up sell the challenge as a roleplay puzzle game, downplay that it is a guild recruitment tool.
-Discussion of Tbone interviewing, but consensus is to wait for now (story of A to B to C, not just A)
-Discussion of ideas of video on youtube, possibly newsfeed/FA intro trailer. Possibility of something in the future, but right now we're focusing on the immediate future.
-We want to get exposure for the content we already have without threads getting deleted and without pissing off people on swtor boards, darth hater, and torocast, etc.
-We have to be posting in threads throughout boards, in a positive, thoughtful manner both in and out of character (depending on the thread type of course)
-LOTS OF POSTING both in and out of SWTOR use cipher signature!
-Keep an eye on the threads discussing our challenge
-BE VERY CAREFUL when posting on recruitment thread/challenge discussion threads. Mods are looking for a reason to satisfy people unhappy with us, don't give them a reason (that includes being overly cryptic, try to tie RP into direct responses).
-You can join in on threads, but don't hijack them, pointing them to our website/challenge.
-Remeber that we're a secretive organization, meaning, we intentionally don't spell out what we're all about (this also means not starting an FA RP thread for the time being).

And lastly...
-Yotogi and Adad, give them many beers and a round of applause, they made the challenge!
-We still need new designs for the FA store, photoshop gurus hop to it!

If all the world's problems were solved today, what would you have left to do tomorrow?

NEED NEW SIGNATURE, CAN PAY IN THE FORM OF BEER!!!

Offline Anamodiel

• Staff
    • View Profile
Weekly FA Meetings
« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2011, 08:58:48 pm »
NOTES:
-SWTOR Updates: New Bio’s for Friday’s update, fleshing out the world’s. Nothing SWEET but still worth it to check out.
-We sent out all of the suggestions gathered to SWTOR guild liaison, and he sent us a thanks back. Hopefully that’s a step in the right direction

-UPDATED SIGNATURES ON THE SWTOR FORUMS. Template with code at the top of page 8 of the FA Signatures

-We finally have a dynamic roster that we can use and its working! Masters need to add Crew members to the roster via the “roster_staff”. Members can find their name and can edit their individual classes/advanced classes. You can just change it on your own, you don’t need to request it. DO NOT EDIT ANY ONE ELSE’S TABLE. IF YOU DO WE CAN FIND OUT AND KICK YOU OUT OF THE GUILD.  Trust system.

-Adad has been creating videos for each of the Orders. They will be released once a week on the forums on Friday’s once they’re all created.

-Nubious81 has passed away. He was in Morpheus’ Legacy in Matrix Online. They are now Revan’s Legacy and are going Dark Side. We were close with them in MXO, and he was still active in their forums.

-Be sure to read the Beta Impression posted by Tbone. The guy was pretty biased and used epic a lot, but it’s a good read.

-Tbone recently talked with someone who knows someone in the Beta. Voices are streamed instead of downloaded. There are four starting planets. There are open PVP worlds (red=dead). There are some servers that have planets that are open PVP and then there are some servers that are entirely open PVP. Instances and Channels. Hutta 1, Hutta 2, Hutta 3, etc. A group was let in in early December and were extended in January. Hopefully we'll get in soon...

-People are still playing League of Legends, Vindictus, Minecraft, BF:BC2. Come in TS and play!!

...And we will strike down upon those of Darkness, with great vengeance and Furious Anger, those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.

Offline Anamodiel

• Staff
    • View Profile
Weekly FA Meetings
« Reply #36 on: January 24, 2011, 09:00:07 pm »
-SWTOR Updates! New Planet revealed, first completely new planet in the Star Wars Lore, created by Bioware. Warzone planet, PVP planet. Hopefully a lot of fun battles will occur here!
-Speculation today as to when the game is going to be released: EA's is releasing their quarterly reports next week, so we might get some definite information as to when the game is going to be released. Keep an eye on that!
-Speculation that the game was also going to be delayed. Investors think it'll be released Fourth Quarter 2011. Supposedly a false alarm.
-Matrix news?! MXO Emulator finally went live with a "working" version. Free attack move works in combat, no interlock. Can kind of run missions? Check the MXO Emu forums if you're interested. Thread: Umm.. Guys?!
-Supposed rumor that there was going to be a Matrix 4 and 5. Supposedly not true, but you never really know...
-Screenshots for new Batman game were out, but Tbone liked the artwork for the concept art. If we could get a signature template like that, it'd be SICK. Emulate it! odj did a good job, also posted a tutorial.
-Zephic posted RIFT Beta Keys, VIP Key that can be used 25 times. If you're interested, check it out! Ragnarok also might have some spare keys? Mixed reviews by people.
-Everyone has been playing a lot of Battlefield: BC2. New maps have been released for the game recently, so it isn't fun.
-League of Legends is still being played, too.
-Need more activity on the SWTOR Forums!! POST IN THE DAMN RECRUITMENT THREAD!!! http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=217630&page=8 (please don't needlessly bump it, only bump it when it's off the first page)
-Obviously, no spam. But just one post a week in the recruitment thread is all we ask.
-Videos that still need to be made: Arch, NoCry, Manic's.
-POST POST POST ON SWTOR!!

UPDATE YOUR SIGNATURES!!!

Code: [Select]

[CENTER][COLOR="White"][SIZE="3"][FONT="Century Gothic"]#The Furious Angels#[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
[URL="http://www.followthesignal.net"][SIZE="2"][FONT="Arial Black"][COLOR="Red"]Follow the Signal...[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/URL]
 [SIZE="2"] [COLOR="RoyalBlue"][url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4eiwtuvJCqE]Libertas[/url]|[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-trF7x6CYs]Emeritus[/url]|Veritas|Velox|Aequitas|Ad Astra|Praelium[/COLOR][/SIZE][/CENTER]

...And we will strike down upon those of Darkness, with great vengeance and Furious Anger, those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.

Offline Subb

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
Weekly FA Meetings
« Reply #37 on: January 25, 2011, 04:12:19 am »
Sorry to jack the thread a bit - but what time do you guys play BF2:BC? I've got it on the Xbox, but my friends over here no longer play it. May download it from steam to play with you guys.

Offline Anamodiel

• Staff
    • View Profile
Weekly FA Meetings
« Reply #38 on: January 25, 2011, 08:46:19 am »
Anywhere between 3-6am your time.

Offline NoCry

• Staff
    • View Profile
Weekly FA Meetings
« Reply #39 on: January 25, 2011, 08:47:29 am »
Have updated my sig but on the SW website no crew name is highlightable.

Offline Anamodiel

• Staff
    • View Profile
Weekly FA Meetings
« Reply #40 on: January 25, 2011, 11:38:03 am »
Ooops, I had pasted the code for an older signature. The one now in the CODE area is now up to date.

Offline likwidtek

• RIFTER
  • VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • http://omeganerd.com
Weekly FA Meetings
« Reply #41 on: January 27, 2011, 12:59:11 pm »
I haven't been to a meeting in forever.  Mondays (for the past year at least) are impossible for me to do as that's Daddy Lilly fun day and I'm at the mall or park watching her play.  Once teamspeak gets ported to iPhone again I can but I can't ever make it as it is now.  It's extremely egotistical of me to assume that we ever change the day just because of little ole me but does anyone else have this issue too?  If so, Wednesdays and Thursdays are always good for me if it's even an option to move this around.  If not, I 100% understand.  But I figure I'd see what everyones options are.
"To the darkened skies once more and ever onward."

Offline Anamodiel

• Staff
    • View Profile
Weekly FA Meetings
« Reply #42 on: January 31, 2011, 09:36:55 pm »
-SWTOR Updates - Big Friday update was Flashpoints, equivalent of instances. New footage released and a new dissection from Darth Hater.
-Interview with David Bass posted by Ragnarok. Talks about a lot of different things, including a BIG hint that something was coming down the tubes for guilds.
-Specifically, updates to the website. Tbone's intuition is a guild registration system on the SWTOR website.
-Supposedly SWTOR is being delayed until September. This was talked about last week, but it's interesting to note that no Dev's have really responded.
-EA is having its annual investor meeting tomorrow, hopefully we'll get more information.
-The thread title of our Recruitment Title has been changed by David Bass
-Anamodiel went AFK for a while, sorry, missed a lot.
-Veritas video released! It ROCKS!!
-Tbone started talking with this RP guy, and realized we have a major flaw in the Challenge. We need a hook. It's too vague.
-Tbone is going to be working on it with Yotogi and Adad. There's a whole thread on it. Post in there if you have any ideas or talk with Tbone.
-Lots of ideas being thrown around.
-Long fucking meeting. Jesus.
-League of Legends and Bad Company: 2 are being played still. Tbone has started to play LOL so people will probably start playing it soon.

Offline Anamodiel

• Staff
    • View Profile
Weekly FA Meetings
« Reply #43 on: March 14, 2011, 09:37:58 pm »
Wow. I've been MIA for a while... notes haven't been posted for a month and a half. I shouldn't be AS busy...

General Notes
-New Guild Headquarters launch! Tbone had been really hoping this was coming down the tubes. David Bass had been hinting at this for a while and it was released on a Wednesday, which is weird. Tbone had the day off and we were able to get everything going right away. Good job EVERYONE on getting on there so fast. It shows how good our communication system is as well as how active everyone is. At the end of the first day we were the largest populated Republic Guild. Very, very impressive.
-Now we are number 19, which is still amazing, considering there are over 10,000 Republic Guilds!
-New button on the toolbar to get right to the SWTOR Guild HQ. Obviously we have our own forums, so we won't be using the private forums.
-Keep an eye on the public forum for posts from others!
-IF YOU ARE LISTED AS UNDECIDED, CHANGE TO A SPECIFIC CLASS.
-Most people are JK/JC, which is in line with the rest of the community.
-PAX East was this weekend. There is a shit ton of content available in the PAX East thread.
-Jaypee and Venlar were at the event, they'll tell us more about it later.
-Fun fact of the day: We broke the record for number of users online, which was during Victoriah's interview... Nice, guys, nice.
-New Trailer which was hella cool. Be sure to check it out! It's all gameplay footage, too. It's really, really cool. They also posted a Taral V walkthrough, Flashpoint shown at PAX East. Good videos posted on PAX East thread. It was a level 31 Flashpoint and was dumbed down so that people wouldn't get annihilated.
-Recommended videos: The ones that showed off Tatooine and Hutta. Daniel Erickson narrates. Very Star Wars looking planets with many open spaces.
-Space Combat videos showcased as well. Very similar to Star Fox in terms of gameplay. Paitryn played it and he said that it was a lot of fun, even if it is a tunnel shooter.
-Sith Warrior Origin videos show difference between the two videos. The new build is SO MUCH more polished than the old leaked version from leakerz.net. It's just absolutely amazing the difference.
-Tython looks incredible. The person playing is a 10-year old, so it's really painful to watch, but you get to see Tython. There are still many videos that haven't been posted on the forums, but we've tried to get the best videos possible.
-A lot of information and interviews were also done there.
-Guild stuff: Guild Capital ships in at release or shortly after. COLOR MATCHING!! We don't know what that means, but the implication is is that it'll make all the armour look decent together (IE blue shirt, red pants would be made to match) or it could mean you get to choose the colors.
-Tbone is still sifting through other information; we'll link it after the interview.
-They're also looking at different mobile apps to somehow connect you to the game - we'll see what that turns into.
-The guild system is now implemented in SWTOR... meaning GUILDS ARE CURRENTLY TESTING IN SWTOR RIGHT NOW WHICH IS BULLSHIT.
-Still no SWTOR release date: Still just 2011. If anything, they'll give us a release date the EARLIEST at E3.
-Our recruitment thread has been posted in a lot more - GOOD JOB! This is a good thing for us - we've had a lot of traffic on our site as well.
-There are 10,000 Republic Guilds. Over 20 new pages of Republic guilds in the Recruitment forum have been created since last Wednesday. There is SO MUCH traffic on those forums that if our Recruitment thread isn't bumped every other hour, it fades to the third or fourth page VERY QUICKLY. CONTINUE TO POST ON IT
-Phase 2 of the guild recruitment is being able to choose 3 Allies and Adversaries so that you're on the same server as those other guilds. Be looking at potential guilds that we could ally up and be adversaries with.
-Eternal Vigilance is a good group to be an ally with. They were the first group to finish the challenge and were great to us when we first launched.
-Revan's Legacy could be a potential Adversary. They only have three or four members on their guild HQ right now, but we'll see how many they eventually have.
-Collective are operating as a Republic guild. Tbone doesn't know if we'll be able to work with them.
-Tbone's schedule is going to get crazy. He has a day and a night job now. He won't have a free day or evening. Monday evenings will be the only night he has off.
-He'll still be around occasionally, just not as much as he has been recently.
-We've updated the beginning of the Challenge. Please be sure to test it to make sure that we've ironed out any last minute bugs. Revalis has been great in helping. It clarifies and hooks people into the story. Very interactive at the beginning rather than making people wonder if it's working. We want to go live with this later this week.
-Other changes: furiousangels.com website. Trying to incorporate Orders into the main website, including the videos. Yotogi is working on that. He's on vacation this week, but home, so he should hopefully be able to get that done this week as well.
-We should be in a good place for a while once this is all done. Tbone is liking the way everything is coming together in a more uniform way.
-Games people are playing: Dragon Age 2; it's a lot of fun, according to Tbone. He spent his entire weekend playing it. Combat is a lot more fun. Champions Online is another crowd pleaser. Victoriah and Arch are playing, as well as League of Legends. Sometimes we'll have more visitors than we do members because everyone and their mother is playing LOL. haha.

-Jaypee's impressions:
-Friday: One of the first 20 to get in line, got in line early for TOR. Had to wait an hour or two back. 45 minute gameplay sessions a piece.
-Developers were walking around the entire time to talk to people.
-Hal Hood talked with Jaypee, who wrote the story of Taral V. Difficulties of multiplayer dialogue, his favorite lines (sarcastic humor).
-Jaypee played a Smuggler, cover system was very fluid and jumping cover to cover was really easy. Anyone familiar with any MMO mechanics will find it very easy to get into.
-Jaypee had a small bug, DC'd before the last boss, but got a free hat out of it.
-Line was packed, so anyone not in line couldn't play.
-Daniel Erickson threw Jaypee a hat. Mentioned FA, said he didn't handle too much guild stuff.
-David Bass immediately recognized our name. Impressed at how fast we got into the Guild HQ, and asked him what he thought of the system.
-Saturday: The press beat everyone else to the game, even though Jaypee got there early.
-Sunday: FIRST in line with his buddies. Jaypee got interviewed. While in line, ran into one of the members of FoE, one of the main Sith guilds.
-Jaypee was very vocal, acted spastic. Talked to half of the line about TOR. Played Trooper Vanguard; didn't like it and personally won't play it. Ammo system was "aggravating". If you have any questions, ask him about it.
-First group on Sunday to beat the Boss. Got two posters for his efforts. Got Republic and Empire posters, both the T-shirts.
-Meet and Greet was fantastic. Was in the 2nd session, talked with a World Developer Eric Young. Developed Coruscant and talked about how bad-ass it is to work with Bioware and his creative freedom in terms of Lucas licensing.
-Also talked with Allison Barryman and how she got into the career.
-Daniel Erickson right before the event ended, Lore questions. LORE BOMB/SPOILER ALERT. Ask Jaypee if you're really interested regarding Satile (sp?)

-Venlar's Impressions:
-Was only there for one day.
-Didn't get to play the Flashpoint. Overslept.
-Community Liaison David came up to him, made Venlar the end of the line. It was around 5pm and he came up to Venlar, saying they don't know whether they're going to get to everyone.
-Allowed him to play the origin worlds. Clicked to create a character. Every single race was available for Jedi Knight!
-Played Jedi Knight, Zaarbrik Female. Saw a decent amount of Tython. Started off as JK, skipped any tutorial. Started when Fleshraiders are attacking the settlement. "Really impressed", the most well polished MMO I've ever played. AND ITS STILL NOT DONE YET. Had high expectations already.
-Get through the dialogue, jumps on speeder, starts up with the combat. Very smooth, has auto-look. Similar feeling to the combat in Dragon Age II. No auto-attack in SWTOR. Animations are exceptional.
-Only ran into one bug where an enemy was frozen in place, un-interactible. No big deal.
-Was able to sit next to the Dark Knight, well known member of the community. Mentioned FA to him and Bass.
-Gameplay: Got through a few different quests, freed a few Padawans from the Fleshraiders. Got sent to a cave, had to clear the cave, found someone who was commanding the flesh raiders, had a big dialogue sequence, then Venlar kicked his ass.
-Went back to Jedi Temple, Jedi Master was beginning to lay things out for him and he was told his time was up.
-Graphics, playability: VERY impressed. The whole experience was a lot of fun, worth waiting for hours. Managed to catch quick Q&A, talked about the guild ships, storyline stuff (Emperor of the Sith, didn't give much away. Character you'll eventually meet in-game.)
-Venlar plugged Live Events in an attempt to talk about FA, asked about it at the Q&A. Ran out of time before they could answer.
-Origin worlds are not instanced, thank God. It's not a solo experience. Did notice that when you see another character in-game, you see a Title/Rank IE Padawan, so it could potentially be another way to see people's Rank in-game.
-The questing felt like it was on an entirely different level in terms of interactivity, will definitely be even more important as you progress further and further in the game. Decisions really DO have an impact on the Game.

If you have any further questions, they'll be in TS to talk to whenever. :)

Offline NoCry

• Staff
    • View Profile
Weekly FA Meetings
« Reply #44 on: March 15, 2011, 01:37:34 am »
Ana. Thanks for such detailed minutes.

* Discord

Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11