Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Author Topic: Darkfall Online Beta  (Read 15428 times)

Offline Anamodiel

• Staff
    • View Profile
Darkfall Online Beta
« Reply #135 on: December 23, 2008, 10:15:07 pm »
Quote from: "Tbone"
January 22nd is the launch date for the European servers. The good news is that North Americans are allowed to join the European servers.

You are correct. However, from what I've gathered from the forums, they will be adding in North American servers once they have the resources available to them, meaning that we could stay on the European server, or we could migrate to the North American server. What I don't know, however, is whether we will have to create NEW characters on the NA server or simply transfer our characters to the new NA server. If the former is the case, then our EU server could simply be a trial and error time where we figure out the mechanics of the game before we really try and set up a clan/guild/faction.

Alot of you seem to be interested in this game. We still haven't been able to join Beta, but what's the consensus on doing some recruiting in this game and trying to be a full-fledged clan in the game? Should we try it out first? Or build our player-base first?

We could always try recruiting on the forums! That might also increase our chances of getting into the Beta because we'll be posting more, and more members in a game that a lot of us will be playing sounds like a good idea to me. Once the Open Beta starts (if it does), we can step up our recruiting efforts. If not, we can step up our efforts if we're really serious about playing this game. I don't think, however, that we should recruit people unless the current people in the faction want to play the game. We would want to appear "active".

Obviously we can't create a web-challenge for this game as we are already working on another one. If we can get into a schedule, we could do recruitment on their boards and just have extensive interviews. Once we get in game, we could do in-game recruiting via mysterious methods. How many of you are willing to shell out money for the game? Is it a monthly charge? I don't remember.

I am willing to shell out money for this game. As well, I believe that Tasos (the Walrus of Darkfall) stated that everyone who wants to will be able to try out the game before they buy it, indicating that they will have either a nice trial period or an Open Beta, so that should give any doubters the chance to try before they buy it. And, yes, it will be a monthly charge, but it shouldn't be any more than MXO. As for interviews and recruiting and such, we will definitely need to be more active than we were in MXO, seeing as we won't be known just by our name alone, at least initially. If we get enough people in the faction interested in the game, we could always try to create a challenge for this game, too, once the Agency's one is done.

Let me know your thoughts. If there's enough interest, I'll create a forum, TS channel, special user group for Darkfall recruits, etc.

Should we make a separate thread for this, maybe? This one has become very congested with a lot of stuff and might not be as desirable to read compared to a new, fresh thread. We could also create a poll and even schedule a meeting time to discuss this game more if there's interest. I know that Broin, Pheinyx, Manic, you, and I are for sure interested. I'm sure that we could get a bunch of everyone else interested in the game just by the simple fact that they would once again get to play a game with people in the faction, something that nearly everyone has really been wanting to do for a while now.

...And we will strike down upon those of Darkness, with great vengeance and Furious Anger, those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.

Offline Jeyk

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • http://www.followtheangel.org
Darkfall Online Beta
« Reply #136 on: December 24, 2008, 04:20:08 am »
Count me in.  I've got an RL friend who is rather new to gaming (he started off right by diving in with PC MMO's!), and he has been keeping an eye on this game as well, which came as a pleasant surprise.

Offline Broin

• Second-in-Command
  • VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
Darkfall Online Beta
« Reply #137 on: December 25, 2008, 05:29:45 pm »
I shall be playing Darkfall.  

It'll be fun to hang out with you guys in game again and is more than worth the money, to do just that.

Go ahead, make my day.

Offline NoCry

• Staff
    • View Profile
Darkfall Online Beta
« Reply #138 on: December 26, 2008, 04:49:47 pm »
why change server?

Offline Ash

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
Darkfall Online Beta
« Reply #139 on: December 29, 2008, 10:21:42 pm »
Count me In,  and what Broin said!

"Do not pray for easy lives. Pray to be stronger men"

Offline Bellthazor

• Angelic Fury
    • View Profile
Darkfall Online Beta
« Reply #140 on: January 02, 2009, 08:24:27 pm »
I'm in!!!

Offline Manic Velocity

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • Pod Goo & Tonic
Darkfall Online Beta
« Reply #141 on: January 02, 2009, 09:33:24 pm »
I'm in!

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thefuriousangels.com
Darkfall Online Beta
« Reply #142 on: January 02, 2009, 11:15:35 pm »
Just to clarify, you aren't in Beta, right?

I clicked the thread title of "Darkfall Online Beta" and just read "I'm in!!" and got pissed off for half a second...lol

Offline Manic Velocity

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • Pod Goo & Tonic
Darkfall Online Beta
« Reply #143 on: January 03, 2009, 04:07:53 pm »
Quote from: "Tbone"
Just to clarify, you aren't in Beta, right?

I clicked the thread title of "Darkfall Online Beta" and just read "I'm in!!" and got pissed off for half a second...lol

Not "in" as pertaining to the beta, but I am "in" in the context of wanting to play this game.  :)

* Discord

Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

No calendar events were found.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 347