Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Author Topic: Can't sleep...haven't sleep in 24 hours...so check this out!  (Read 700 times)

Anonymous

Can't sleep...haven't sleep in 24 hours...so check this out!
« on: January 05, 2006, 12:51:42 pm »
My "STFU n00bs" response to the whiners about the QA Delay. I thought I put rather correctly. What do you think?

I would just like to say that the vast majority of you probably don't quite understand the pains they go through to get the CU even to an "untestable" point...you're talking about millions of lines of code, all interacting with different hardware function calls, calls to DLLs that are not just their own, collaborating on a development team that is more than 10 people (as some of you would like to believe), then making it presentable.

The point of playtesting a Combat Upgrade is to... *Dramatic Fanfare* ...Test The New Combat System.

If the mobs don't properly deal damage to you, well, then, you're not really testing combat are you? You're just watching the pretty effects and what not. Furthermore, a production environment isn't as smooth and problem-free as Archon saying, "MAKE IT WORK!" and then the Developers going "Ok! All done!"

'Fraid not. Everyone must collaborate with everyone, and that's a daunting task, considering it's already been said that they are developing more than one thing for us at a time.

Seriously, lighten up, and take into consideration the immense pressure their under to get this Upgrade actually looking good, instead of throwing out a half-assed patch that you all would complain about anyway.

They have a lot on their plate, and their doing their damnedest to make it worth your $15 a month.

As for it being a "SERVICE" fee, yes it is. And they are trying to give us the best possible bang for our buck. I bet you wouldn't be too pleased if they rushed everything out the door, and you were left with constant crashes, reboots, buggy mobs, glitched abilities, and a half-assed combat system.

And don't even claim that the game already has those problems. I haven't had any technical problems with the game for a number of months now. You should be thanking them, not biting their heads off.

Unless you think you can make a major production game that has to live up to all that hype, and not piss off thousands of people, better than they can.

Seriously, just say "Thank you for all your hard work", sit down, relax, and wait. You'll appreciate a functional QA Server, with a functional CU to test much more than a rushed, buggy one you can't even access.

Offline Manic Velocity

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • Pod Goo & Tonic
Re: Can
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2006, 04:29:57 pm »
Very well said.

My experience with posting on the forums has been one of a few things:

Original post -> Intelligent reply -> Falls on deaf ears

Original post -> Intelligent reply -> At least one person finds every which way to misinterpret you

Original post -> Intelligent reply -> Falls on deaf ears

Original post -> Stupid reply involving "iced out grills" and "purple drink" -> Stupid reply is heralded throughout the remainder of the thread and only encourages other similar stupid replies

It reminds me a lot of War Games, actually.  "The only way to win is to not play."  I rarely comment on anything in the forums anymore.  I just post new replies to our recruitment thread every few days to keep the thread high on the list.  :)

Anonymous

Re: Can
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2006, 06:46:15 am »
That's a good reply, however, I'm sure it will go over most of the people that post there's heads. For the most part, they don't care about the RP or intelligence at all; "It's all about the reds" as Justero put it to me. That's why I don't really post there, anything worth saying gets ignored and any generic Zerg or Zion Sucks threads gets the most attention.

* Discord

Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 13
  • Dot Hidden: 0