Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Author Topic: On the Scene...  (Read 5799 times)

Offline Ash

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
On the Scene...
« on: October 05, 2007, 12:49:27 pm »
By now most of you should know that I devote a part of my time to being a volunteer firefighter and in my experiences I've seen some good, some bad, and some really ugly.  I thought I would start a thread that showcased some of the calls I run on a weekly basis, some of which I hope will be educational.  I'll keep this thread updated as long as there is continued interest.

"Do not pray for easy lives. Pray to be stronger men"

Offline Ash

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
Re: On the Scene...
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2007, 12:49:45 pm »
On Scene Report: 2 car head on collision at 11:45pm. 1 occupant in each vehicle, both priority 1 traumas.  **COLLISION DUE TO DRUNK DRIVER PASSING OUT WHILE DRIVING AND DRIFTING INTO ONCOMING TRAFFIC**

The door was thrown back in the van after the patient was removed.  Notice the roof which we peeled back and the dashboard which we pushed forward to get the patient out from the van. Also notice the newspaper on the windshield, I found it on the passengers seat, it was turned to the "Car Pages" section.  This driver lived.

More photos's.

The other vehicle I can't show because it's against policy, I can tell you however that it was a volvo and it was the drunk drivers car.  He did not live.

Drive responsibly folks.

Offline Subb

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2007, 12:53:42 pm »
Very thought prevoking.... i hope no Angel here drink drives, a local girl died last week becuase she drink drived, her 14 month old baby is now an orphan (I don't think the Father is alive/doesnt want to take responsibility)

Anonymous

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2007, 01:21:51 pm »
I had an au pair driving behind me last week in a beamer, reading her kid's homework...!

Offline Lits

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2007, 02:07:37 pm »
Oh Yotogi..... I'm so sorry you have to see these things for a living, but I'm so glad we have people of strong character capable of it.
And to think, just this morning I was laughing because my friend was arrested for a DUI... I guess it's nothing to laugh about, is it?

Be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life.

Offline NoCry

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2007, 04:28:06 pm »
educational for sure. makes me sick actually, dont know about USA but it is my parents generation (60ish) who are the worst offenders.

Offline Manic Velocity

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • Pod Goo & Tonic
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2007, 09:09:09 pm »
Jesus H. Christ.

Offline Heironymus

• Angelic Fury
    • View Profile
    • http://www.xanga.com/Inner_Fatman
On the Scene...
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2007, 12:33:55 pm »
Not trying to steal your thread Yotogi but I too have been a victim of a drunk driver... he was running from the police and took a right turn trying to get away and ran into my truck... it pushed my truck backwards (I was stopped at the time) and he kept going..... further down the road he took a sharp left.. hit the curb and flipped his car getting ejected back onto the road.. he lived.. no jail time for the hit and run, DUI, evading the police, or reckless endangerment. This is his car the day after at the junk yard

This is my truck.. it caved in the other side that you cant really see, to the point the engine wouldn't run, insurance Totaled it

Offline Tecknik

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
On the Scene...
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2007, 01:28:00 pm »
No jail time?  What the hell backwards ass state do you live in?

EDIT: Georgia...  What the hell is wrong with the legal system in your state!?

Offline Heironymus

• Angelic Fury
    • View Profile
    • http://www.xanga.com/Inner_Fatman
On the Scene...
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2007, 09:39:42 pm »
yeah.. what really ticked me off is the DA didn't even call and follow up... nothin... didn't even let me and my girlfriend as "victims" know what had become of the case. Once I found out I called down there and raised holy hell.. the DA sent over the WHole file on the case... still kinda pissed... they were more interested in making him pay money for there small ass town than paying money to have him in jail.

Anonymous

On the Scene...
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2007, 01:17:42 am »
As you may know my other half is a senior fire officer and gets to see (and tell me about) all that fun stuff too.  I gather from chatting with friends that you 'merkins don't have to wear rear seat belts... over here it's the law.  And here's why (whited if you're squeamish): Once you've seen what happens when a man is thrown through the rear windshield you'll understand that a belt can literally keep your head on your shoulders... really not pretty ;)

Offline Ash

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
On the Scene...
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2007, 09:31:51 am »
Actually it's up to the state to set and enforce seatbelt laws and rear seat belt laws have (no pun intended) taken a back seat to the flurry of concern of child safety restraining systems.   Hell some states still don't have any laws on the books concerning passengers riding in the cargo area of pickup trucks.

Oh and just in case your keeping score Destyn:

Bodies found sans head = 3

Offline Lits

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
On the Scene...
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2007, 09:52:40 am »
In Mississippi they can actually pull you over for not wearing a seatbelt now... even a backseat, and ticket you for it. Cops in Mississippi aren't the brightest though. They know they have a quota, they know they can bullshit any charge and it doesn't help to have this superiority complex of theirs. To be a cop in Mississippi you have to actually take an IQ test, but if you score too HIGH you're not allowed into the academy. Anything on the top end of average or above average is too high a score. The thought is that people with higher IQ's won't follow orders as well. So we have a bunch of redneck ignorant jerks in uniform running around, not really caring about lives and safety as much as making their quota.

My friend and I were pulled over in Madison county Mississippi, apparently this cop is COMPLETELY illiterate. First of all, my friend has an international driver's license and the cop didn't know what the hell to make of it. For awhile he thought is was a fake ID. The name read LAST, FIRST MIDDLE... so my friend's name on the tickets went from William Arthur Pement to Arthur William and the state issued as Pement (they have states in the UK? But apparently not middle names) Then he asked for the local address (not having one, he gave his brothers) and the cop asked how to spell Ross Boulevard. Not just Ross, but also BOULEVARD! Like Blvd.! Does he not have to write it a thousand times a day? We discreetly left out the apartment number. And he took forever copying down the name and issue number... we watched him for nearly five mins writing one line of text, as if he was looking at each individual letter, struggling with it, and recreating it without reading on the ticket. Then he puts like 10 digits in the zip code, getting them all jumbled up anyway, and proceeds to launch into this "round these parts, boy, people go the speed limit on my highway"...................seriously... I was waiting for the Banjo music.

Be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life.

Anonymous

On the Scene...
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2007, 10:32:59 am »
I remember a year or two back taking a ride in my boss's car with the SVP of finance, and she was ripping the piss out of me for wearing a belt in the back ("like what, are you 12??"), evidently in New York and Atlanta they don't care so much about those things.

I did get to hear a very funny story about a woman who couldn't properly control the clutch on her car, the amount of damage she caused while leaning out to get a parking voucher was amazing :D

Offline Ash

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
On the Scene...
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2007, 12:23:49 pm »
Hmm... I wonder if she validates?

* Discord

Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4