Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Author Topic: Recruitment  (Read 1953 times)

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thefuriousangels.com
Re: Recruitment
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2008, 10:37:59 pm »
Ok, I've been talking with Yotogi and Manic and brainstorming a couple of ideas. This idea seems to incorporate all the good ideas we've had so far.

You're a guy interested in the game. You are perusing the forums and you see a thread titled "I Need Your Help" or something similar. You check it out.

Some random person has posted something similar to this:

Hey all. I got this really creepy email yesterday. All it had was this message and a link to this forum, so I figured I would post it here and maybe you guys could help me figure out what this is all about? Here's the email:

"I don't have much time. Please help me.

-Susan"

Clicking the link would take you to a random website, perhaps about gardening or an industrial website. Something may seem off about the site, like creepy music or odd words here and there (think the Lost ARG).

Some digging leads you to a message, perhaps a video message, from Susan. It appears to be filmed on a phone cam. You see a girl who looks very scared [or is strangely calm and collected]. She says something like:

"Oh god...if you're viewing this, it means you got my message. I don't have much time to talk - they don't realize I have a phone. I've been kidnapped. I need help. I managed to get into their website. They'll figure out I was poking around soon, though. Please find me. I..."

Then maybe you hear a bang on the door and the video cuts out.

From there you'll get some sort of clue and the puzzles will begin of piecing together where Susan is by finding the clues she's hidden on this website.

At some point you'll run across a guy - let's call him Jason, who is also looking for Susan. He says he knows Susan (maybe her boyfriend or something). So you go through the challenge and, after more messages and interaction with Susan and Jason, eventually find her location and give it to Jason.

After you've gotten to the end, one of two things. Either Jason reveales himself to be Tbone, leader of the Furious Angels Network of UNITE and that Susan is in fact Lits, an agent working for Tbone and that it was an elaborate test to see if you could work well under pressure and be suitable to join the network. Or Susan thanks you for helping rescue her and reveales that she is a secret agent working for the FA Network of UNITE and was kidnapped during a recon mission and that your new friend Jason is actually the leader of FA and that, after being amazed by your skills, would like to invite you to apply to the group.

So this is kind of a recruitment ARG that doesn't reveal its recruitment until the end.

Offline Lits

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2008, 12:02:56 am »
*text removed b/c I don't read the updates fast enough*

Be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life.

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thefuriousangels.com
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2008, 12:08:14 am »
The idea would not be the feel of live video chat but of pre-recorded video messages rushly uploaded to whoever is trying to rescue you.

Offline Lits

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2008, 12:15:57 am »
well that's even better!

Be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life.

* Discord

Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
[19] 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

No calendar events were found.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 22