Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Author Topic: Goodbye Inairith  (Read 2573 times)

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thefuriousangels.com
Goodbye Inairith
« on: May 10, 2009, 03:23:04 pm »
As most of you know by now, our hamlet was challenged and sieged this morning (those motherless bastards...haha). The siege was done by none other than DUSK, which really just shows that our expeditions have been effective.

Now before you start getting upset, remember that this is more of a good thing than a bad thing. We accomplished what we wanted to accomplish with that hamlet and it was time to move on. Here's why...

-The hamlet did its job of getting our name on the map and being recognized as a formidable clan in the Darkfal realm. To be one of the few with territory from the beginning is a good thing.

-The hamlet allowed us to learn and experiment with the city building structure and dabble in hamlet defense and sieging.

-Now that we don't have that hamlet, we are free to strike completely from the shadows. There's no target that we are tied to anymore, so we're able to live in our element, so to speak.

-We now have grounds to perform raids on Inairith, Tughri, and Vindi City, more effectively pushing the Alfar alliance out of Mirandil.

We have more people we are at war with, so check that list and be on the lookout for those people in towns. We are now basing ourselves in Irindir (sp?) with our fellow allies (racial town just north of western Mirdain newb town). Our allies are there so it is a pretty safe place to farm and craft.

Where do we go from here? We'll continue building our alliance and make friends with those guys and hopefully build our network large enough to start taking back Mirandil territory. I think with DUSK taking over our hamlet, it'll be easier to convince clans that action needs to be taken to push the Alfar-sympathizers back. It's a shame this is turning into a sort of civil war, but thems the breaks. Enjoy the freedom to hunt rather than be ganked in our hamlet. There are exciting times ahead!

Offline NoCry

• Staff
    • View Profile
Re: Goodbye Inairith
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2009, 03:42:59 pm »
...edited;)

Offline ArchNemesis

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
Re: Goodbye Inairith
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2009, 04:54:58 pm »
You have to remember that on the flip side of wars is that these guys can go ahead and fuck us over as much as they want. To be honest, it's fine the way it is since we attack mostly the alfar, Mahirim, and Orcs and those races cannot gain access to us since the city we reside will fire their awesome guard laser at them ;)

As for those that we are already at war with, we should start actively seeking and jotting down when / where these people tend to be.

K D S for example, from what i can see, seems Euro based and tends to have its roots in Tughri, King's, and the Wilderness banks East of King's. They have been found in other cities but the most i've seen were in those areas.

Most importantly, we should not budge and /or change what we have been doing. We need to keep playing the game and not get discouraged by our loss (if you wanna see it that way ;P) and instead use that to our advantage as Tbone has said. This hamlet is now a close and nice way to get back at those Dusk that wish to use it. This also opens the possibility of branching out for targets rather than just constantly going to Hal' Kali (Vindie city) which eventually they will catch on.

At what rate, i don't know since they seem to be very reckless or just not caring at their loses lol.

The one thing i've been waiting for though, is my next stop when i can get a real chance to play (Mother's day makes playing today a bit moot and all :P) is Tughri. I don't expect to get out of there alive like with Hal'Kali but i'll sure as hell make sure to take some of those bastards on the wall with me.

Offline Erathaol

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
Goodbye Inairith
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2009, 05:31:31 pm »
Nooooooo, I was out to lunch with my mother and missed the whole thing!  What a day to challenge our hamlet; their mothers must be ashamed of them...

Anyway, I also see this as a new opportunity.  Now DUSK can rot in that near defenseless hamlet, while we are finally free to become the aggressors!  Now, we'll be the ones attacking their members instead of always being the ones attacked (the exception being our raids on Hal Kali).  It's a blow to lose our hamlet, surely, but I think very soon our morale will actually improve without Inarith.

If DUSK thought we were bad before, they're certainly in for a severe "learning" experience as they've just unleashed the full fury of the Angels upon themselves!

Offline Setun

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
Goodbye Inairith
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2009, 08:53:23 pm »
You can bet your ass people are gonna be doing this type of shit during important holidays like this....which means comes christmas time it may be time to do the same back, I dunno about you guys but I like the lay out of vindi city ;P

* Discord

Calendar

April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
[28] 29 30

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 89
  • Dot Hidden: 0