Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Author Topic: So sad...makes me glad I'm here  (Read 10525 times)

Anonymous

So sad...makes me glad I'm here
« Reply #45 on: May 08, 2004, 07:41:13 am »
I dont feel so strongly about defending zion as you guys sem to do, i am going to fight for zion, cos thats what i want to do. As TBone said were all here to have fun and thats what im gonna do.

Offline likwidtek

• RIFTER
  • VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • http://omeganerd.com
« Reply #46 on: May 08, 2004, 07:42:48 am »
Quote from: "Quantum"
I dont feel so strongly about defending zion as you guys sem to do, i am going to fight for zion, cos thats what i want to do. As TBone said were all here to have fun and thats what im gonna do.

What do you mean?
"To the darkened skies once more and ever onward."

Anonymous

« Reply #47 on: May 08, 2004, 07:56:48 am »
im sure i posted that in another thread, mayb a bug, it was ment to go tin the thread, What does being a zionist mean to you, it ended up here, i used the quick reply if thats anything to go by.

Anonymous

« Reply #48 on: May 08, 2004, 11:21:15 am »
Andy and Larry (between the sex change operations) are writing the story, so I'm sure there will be plenty of justification for whichever movement to choose.  At this point, it's almost premature to speculate about so much, since everything has the potential to change literally overnight.

Anonymous

« Reply #49 on: May 08, 2004, 11:44:36 am »
Like Muse mentioned about the honour thing, i think that it would be good if people read a bit about Sun Tzus The Art of War, the samurai thing that Eclipse mentioned is also true.  I certainly am not going to take no shit from some jelous punk who thinks he can have me, he insults me, he dies. End of story.  
As for being a Zionist it means a lot to the way i play the game, I think that we should try to lead on to what Neo has done at the end of the trilogy and fight for the right reasons.  That doesn't nessesarily mean all out war with the machinists, but we should make an effort to prevent them from getting better than us.  As for the turf wars thing, that has been implemented in the game anyway, the construct is your turf and thats what you have to defend.  So I've heard.

Anonymous

« Reply #50 on: May 08, 2004, 11:48:17 am »
You should check out the Strategies Forum, there's a topic in there about The Art Of War and brainstorming other good ideas like that.

Anonymous

« Reply #51 on: May 08, 2004, 03:26:30 pm »
The problem with sticking to this way of honor (as commendable as it is), is the environment in which you wish to apply it.  If the MxO forums are any indication, there are going to be dozens upon dozens of trash-talking pieces of trash in the game.  Timewise, we'd have our hands full paying back every insult.  This is even worse than if MxO turns into a giant turf war.

I guess what I'm saying is we will have to endure disrespect and resentment, etc., so we should choose our targets wisely.  A single n00b calling someone names is insignificant.  Disrespectful factions, however...that's another matter, but it has the potential to be very troublesome and time consuming.

Anonymous

« Reply #52 on: May 08, 2004, 03:32:28 pm »
Thats a good point, but if someone does it to me whilst in game right in front of me then I will beat the proverbial crap out of them.

Anonymous

« Reply #53 on: May 08, 2004, 03:38:12 pm »
Ok, on an individual basis I guess it's not too much of a problem.

Anonymous

« Reply #54 on: May 08, 2004, 03:46:53 pm »
This is the thing though. Likwid said something earlier about someone spitting in your face and walking away. In MxO they aren't going to be spitting in your face, they're going to be shooting at your face. How do we face that? The samuir would walk away from an insult, if it was a small enough one, if it was by a foe he knew he could easily dispatch. But a large enough dishonor would envoke the samuir into battale/ Someone shooting at me is going to get shot back at/

Whether or not we want it to there are going to be turf wars going on in the matrix. There already are. The Zionists against the Machinists, and the minds waiting to be influenced in the middle.

I leave you with what Morpheous said. "This is a war. We are soldiers. Death can come for us at any place, at an time." We have to be aware of that, and aware of the fact that we can't let petty stuff befoul our main focus right now - organization. i think we shud listen to Asha and not make any choices until the game comes out.

* Discord

Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

No calendar events were found.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 336