Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Author Topic: TS guidelines.  (Read 7316 times)

Anonymous

TS guidelines.
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2004, 03:19:42 pm »
Getting to whatever level is easy. That has absolutely nothing to do with it.

Say a level 20 guy and a level 10 guy go out together on a mission. The mission spawns level 15 guys, because it averages. The level 10 guy can't do anything to level 15's but die. He dies, he crashes, the team splits apart. Even if it does get back together or by some miracle stays together in the first place, he gets no info and no xp, so... he never catches up and can never help. It's not a big deal - the level 20 guy doesn't really care, but the level 10 guy starts getting pissed off because he is making no progress. He gets frustrated and pissed off and complains that the game sucks - and that kind of negativity is hard to take for extended periods of time.

Coords are not a good idea, because most people can't navigate - at least until something like /waypoint is added. If you want to team, ask for an invite. /invite name can invite someone no matter where they are, and then you get teammate locations displayed on the map.

And until you've tried to run a group with ten people... Seriously tried it out, well... I dunno. Big groups just don't work without good client and server stability - which we don't have. The only thing you can do with a group that large (if you want to maintain group integrity) is sit very very still in a bar.

It's not that a lot of us don't know how to conduct and participate in large PvP battles, it's just that the system isn't up to snuff yet. Practicing and getting ready isn't even a possibility with the way things are now. As much as people bitch about how buggy SWG is, the grouping works - even with 20 people. MxO grouping just plain doesn't work for more than 3-4.

I'm down for grouping and fighting and helping and etc. Most people are. The problem isn't with our attitudes, our knowledge or our resources - the problem is with the game. Still, even with the current implementation, I for one, am almost always grouped. So... I dunno. Ask me. I'll group with anyone anytime. I don't mind - I'm the highest level. Heh. (Caveats: I'll group if I'm playing - not if I'm chatting with someone. And... also... if you're whining constantly, I won't group with you. I don't like playing with people who are negative. If (play != fun) then you need to go outside.)

If you ever need an additional channel, just ask. I'll make one and delete it when you're done. If it's a persistent issue where we constantly need more channels, we'll make more permanent.

Offline Ketamininja

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
TS guidelines.
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2004, 04:31:05 pm »
i almost see no point for teamspeak then.

asking coords is easy, people read them from the map. If they can't navigate they wont ask. All I'm trying to suggest is we use teamspeak properly. By asking sensible questions and actually receiving sensible answers (in game channels).

as for grouping, again if I'm going it alone - no need for TS really.
I want to group. I'm not in the clan for "protection" or "prestige". I'm in it to have fun. Group two to three people! Fine! But that should mean there really is a place for everyone to group.

I don't know, I can't force people to group... they'll do what they want to do. It just seems I see little action with FA in game. It does suck when it crashes, you get lost behind etc... but that can happen at ANY time. You could be lvl 20 vs lvl 20 and still die, leaving your other lvl 20 group member alone. You still gotta get back to him. It does happen.

I apreciate you discussing this with me!

(oh T bone, you might wanna move this into beta I think we've said too much.)

I'm a total frickin rock star from mars.
C'mon bro, I got tiger blood.

Anonymous

TS guidelines.
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2004, 06:21:05 pm »
This has just brought something to my attention...  I realized that I piss off/annoy people a lot on TS, and for that I am sorry.  I'll stop complaining and just saying random shit while I'm on there.

Anonymous

TS guidelines.
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2004, 06:40:09 pm »
I rarely speak in TS. It's not because I don't want to just that I don't have anything pertinant to say. I don't do the "idle chit chat" thing because I don't want to annoy anyone.

I will say this though, this is beta I could care less if I get a high level toon I don't care what he wears or what kind of loot he gets. I want to make sure this game is going to be fun enough for me to actually spend money on each month. I can gaurantee you that if I don't enjoy it I won't stick around long.
The real way to have fun in MMORPG's IMO is if you have a good clan with people whom you consider fun to be around. SO this is an open invitation to anyone else who wants to hang out and just have fun I will group with you. No problems at all if we can't do missions together because of the level differences then I will help you, provided you are lower, level up by going with you and helping  you until you get to my level whatever it takes. If I just have to stand around and watch you kill stuff thats fine with me, because this game is not going to be enjoyable without a clan of friends to hang out with.
Heck by the end we could both be level 3 but the fun we had is what counts not the number in the right hand corner.  I would love to have someone to talk to about strategy and  the best way to level etc.... Next time you see me and want to chat or group lets get into a game channel and have a good time. That's what its all about.

Anonymous

TS guidelines.
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2004, 08:33:20 pm »
When I join TS, I go to the general room.  I don't often talk, but when I do I talk about general chat stuff and it's not often game specific (unless it's clothes because, like, that is important to me and I suppose if it annoys the guys on the few occasions I can do it, they can kiss my ass  :D ).  

I join TS not in order to ask game questions (usually) and not in order to get a group - I can do both those things via tells in game.

I join TS, when I do it, in order to feel more like I'm "hanging out" with my guild.  That is the reason to join TS.

Anonymous

TS guidelines.
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2004, 08:44:38 pm »
I find myself wanting to say 'Yea, me too." to the last two posts.  

Me too.

Im about....level 6 or 7 right now.  From Gillete and other's comments about the current state/dynamics...there probably are some practical limitations at this point in time.  

Im quieter, but, if anybody wants to group....Im game.  

I do agree, when it becomes more practical, that we will need to do more of that.  If  PVP means any twit can just start blowing holes in you, yea, could be a serious need.

Anonymous

TS guidelines.
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2004, 09:08:59 pm »
I do not want to group.

Anonymous

TS guidelines.
« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2004, 09:42:51 pm »
No Offence, and this is very objectively speaking. But, why be in a clan then Acidid? That statemnt just contradicts the very basis of what a clan is.

Anonymous

TS guidelines.
« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2004, 09:54:52 pm »
I really don't believe I asked ya there ;)

The game hasnt begun for me yet; There are other obligations that have gotten us this far to begin with.

Anonymous

TS guidelines.
« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2004, 10:29:19 pm »
Quote from: "AcidicPlague"
I really don't believe I asked ya there ;)  

Your right.  Eclipse asked YOU.  

Got an answer?  You decided to post and participate in the thread.....means you are fair game.  

Not like he called ya ignorant , and then didn't say why he disagreed with you.

The game hasnt begun for me yet;

Technically....it hasnt begun for anybody......but....

There are other obligations that have gotten us this far to begin with.

And, what would those be?  No, seriously.  I'm new to this, and I am asking.

Or....is....asking not allowed?

wtf?

Anonymous

TS guidelines.
« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2004, 10:48:15 pm »
Bug finding. And for some, this is all the game for ever be: farming information and finding items.

Anonymous

TS guidelines.
« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2004, 10:57:37 pm »
That still does not make sense Redux. Used as an explanation it is very inadequate.

Offline Lithium

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://followtheangel.org
TS guidelines.
« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2004, 11:04:26 pm »
I can't say I agree with many of you on this. Such as Ketamininja you never even make an effort you talk, if your not going to say anything then nobody is going to say anything to you...

As for Luna, I am totally confused what you are talkign about as everytime you've been on almsot everyone not idle would talk to you including myself.

Others will find themselves ignored as they can't shut up what more can be said? I can probably say I am somtimes in that group.

I just don't understand why some of you think your ignored. TS is a friendly place, I just don't understand most of you on this....

Don't believe everything you think.

Anonymous

TS guidelines.
« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2004, 01:20:34 am »
Quote from: "Eclipse"
No Offence, and this is very objectively speaking. But, why be in a clan then Acidid? That statemnt just contradicts the very basis of what a clan is.

Well, I don't know Acidic's reason and I suspect it's different from mine, but I tend to solo because:

1.  Its easiest for me right now to just solo in terms of mechanically - it's just more time efficient.

2.  If I screw up, I only have myself to blame.  I don't know the game or my class very well right now and I don't want to subject people to my playing or feel bad if I somehow screw something up.  I don't wanna feel like there is stress for me to succeed, heh.  When I play in other games, I often feel that and am okay with it because I DO play really well - I'm very good at my class and I totally understand the game mechanics better than I think the majority of the players who play those games do so I'm proud of my skill and knowledge.  I don't have that comfort level with MxO yet.

3.  I'm not actually particularly outgoing and its hard to get to know people.  I end up feeling uncomfortable if I'm grouping with someone that I don't know well.  It's a bad catch 22, haha.

All that said, I do understand that enforced grouping would probably help members bond so it's a good idea.  Left to my own devices, however, it's a hard thing for me to choose to impliment.

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thefuriousangels.com
TS guidelines.
« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2004, 03:19:51 am »
I give up. This is the second time tonight I have made a long, meaningful post only to have it not work. This time my web browser just randomly went back a page. I really do have some important input on this, but it might have to wait until I get back on Tuesday...

* Discord

Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
[1] 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

No calendar events were found.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 19