Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Author Topic: An additional raid grou consideration  (Read 1980 times)

Offline Ademaro

• Warrior
    • View Profile
An additional raid grou consideration
« on: February 08, 2012, 05:14:41 pm »
So as I'm leveling I'd like to put this on the table to whomever may be interested as I'd prefer not pugging as many people as possible come time I hit 50 and have pre-raid BIS...

I'd like to start up a late night group at running 10pm-1am pst tues/wed/thurs and possibly Monday for clean ups... I have yet to run this by Tbone or any of the other officers however I have much experience raid leading in WoW in some high end progression and don't foresee it being an issue considering I can't make any raid times that we already offer...

Anyone interested? I know it's a bit late for most angels however this may open up the raiding door for some uk and west coast players... If necessary we can start later than the time listed based on interest in the group

I'm thinking we would obviously start with 8 and potentially moving to 16 if we get enough interest... My goal is for us to be well into nightmare mode difficulties within 2 months from now... Anyone down? No raid experience required but recommended

Offline Ademaro

• Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: An additional raid grou consideration
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2012, 05:17:30 pm »
Additionally I'd be willing to fraps all kills I know it's not really anything special but i know it's always fun watching yourself kill bosses lol and to have something online for applicants to see of us in some PvE content additionally if cleared come Monday we would be able to leave that day open for a set 8 for pvp to que as a team

Offline Anamodiel

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2012, 05:58:01 pm »
It's great to see you're interested in raiding! It's a lot of fun for sure. If you'll notice, we have three separate raid times as of right now:

1) 8/16 man T/W/Th, 8pm-11pm EST
2) 8/16? man T/W/Th with Monday cleanups, 11pm-2am EST
3) Weekends (time I can't remember)

I don't know exactly what timezone you're talking about raiding, but if you're talking in CST/FA time, then our #2 8 man is exactly where you need to be for raiding. I'm sure that you probably just missed that second raid window. If there's enough interest, we'd love to have our late night raid turn into a 16 man raid.

Unless you're play times can't start until 10pm on the West coast, most of the times we have should work out fine for the majority of our members.

...And we will strike down upon those of Darkness, with great vengeance and Furious Anger, those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.

Offline ZephixLeer (Zephic)

• Angelic Wrath
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2012, 06:04:54 pm »
That's 12am-3am central/FA time, I think...

That time zone would actually fit my schedule almost perfectly. I'd be able to make raids much easier with this time frame.

I've been trying to make the weekend group, but that's sadly also the most busy time of the week for me while im actually at home. The wife tends to pop random outings and events right in the middle of raid hours for the weekend.

At least if it were at the hours you are suggesting, she'd be asleep and i could raid in peace. :) lol

• Angelic Wrath
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2012, 06:07:40 pm »
Quote from: "Anamodiel"
It's great to see you're interested in raiding! It's a lot of fun for sure. If you'll notice, we have three separate raid times as of right now:

1) 8/16 man T/W/Th, 8pm-11pm EST
2) 8/16? man T/W/Th with Monday cleanups, 11pm-2am EST
3) Weekends (time I can't remember)

I don't know exactly what timezone you're talking about raiding, but if you're talking in CST/FA time, then our #2 8 man is exactly where you need to be for raiding. I'm sure that you probably just missed that second raid window. If there's enough interest, we'd love to have our late night raid turn into a 16 man raid.

Unless you're play times can't start until 10pm on the West coast, most of the times we have should work out fine for the majority of our members.

I think his point is that the current raid times just dont work out for everyone. West coasters who work an afternoon shift as well as others that work second shift are left out. And the weekend aren't always easy to make either.

A late night crew is really what I need, and so far the suggested time in this thread (12am - 3am central time) works perfectly for me.

I think it'd be good to see how much interest there is for this, at the very least.

Offline Ademaro

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2012, 07:04:11 pm »
Yes that is correct it would be a 12am-3am CST raid... Obviously pretty late for most but I'm sure we can dig up 8... Zeph what class/spec are you for future reference and how about getting started as a whole group in about 3 weeks(assuming it only takes me that long to grind to 50)

• Angelic Wrath
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2012, 07:43:57 pm »
I'm currently a trooper commando specced into combat medic and gunnery. This is more of a PVP build though, and I could easily respec to either DPS or pure healing for the group.

Offline Anamodiel

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2012, 07:53:44 pm »
Wow, I'm dumb. Totally missed that you said PST. Sorry. Ignore my previous post...

...And we will strike down upon those of Darkness, with great vengeance and Furious Anger, those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.

Offline Arawn

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2012, 09:17:54 pm »
Im with Ademaro here. I want to Raid and get BIS but Raid Groups are currently full atm. Unfortunately the only solution to that is just waiting for others to get level 50 or praying for some people get full geared so they leave the spot open for the fresh level 50s, so we could turn the 8man into 16man Raids or just make another Raid Group. The best time for me is T/W/Th at 10PM FA time as well as Ademaro, which translate into 12AM my time so I can assure my presence and dedication to the Raid Group.

If I had the source code... Life would be easier.

Offline Ademaro

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2012, 09:31:16 pm »
Just to clarify raid times would be 10Pm PST - 1am meaning 12am-3am FA (cst)

• Angelic Wrath
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2012, 10:29:24 pm »
The only thing we'll have to keep in mind for this later schedule are the maintenance times. Although a tue/wed/thur aren't usually maintenance days, they have been repeatedly have unscheduled maintenances to patch patches that were to patch problems caused by patches. :P

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thefuriousangels.com
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2012, 01:19:35 am »
Based on our raiding sign-up thread, I don't believe we currently have enough members to fill up that time slot. If you can get 8-10 people, I'm all for it though. And yes, hopefully we can get a 16 man going for the 10p.m. one sometime. Three of the people who signed up for that time slot are not level 50 yet, so....

Offline Ademaro

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2012, 02:12:35 am »
I might have to start recruiting people for this raid time to app to FA honestly... Its a EST server and those times might seem outrageous to some however I will still do it regardless if I have to pug 7/8 .... At this point I'd love to make it to any of our current raids but due to my schedule there is no way its going to happen, even on a non-consistent basis

* Discord

Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
[12] 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

No calendar events were found.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 140