Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Author Topic: Account in use bug  (Read 1011 times)

Offline Bellthazor

• Angelic Fury
    • View Profile
Account in use bug
« on: October 18, 2005, 12:51:53 pm »
This is just an FYI. On friday night i went to log into the game and it crashed as soon as it hit loading char. After that I recieved an eror stating that the account i was attempting to log into was in use. I put 3 support tickets in, and they do not work on the weekends.

On monday i checked and the tickets said resolved. When i got home I tried to log in and recieved the same error. I contacted a live chat rep and was told that i needed to contact in-game support, and i asked how would i contact them. The rep told me to try and find away to get in touch w/ them (WTF). I shot an attitude at him and wanted a direct contact number and some type of comp. for the inconvience. At that point he decided to do a ticket and submit it directly to them(ingame support). Not sure why he did not do that in the first place. Once he did that my account was back up and working.

I was also told by the rep that this problem is becoming a constant problem, and sometimes it will clear after about 15-20 minutes. SOE needs to work on the support end of Mxo alittle more.  :p

Anonymous

Account in use bug
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2005, 02:04:23 pm »
A fix that sometimes works for this situation (3 out of 4 times for me):

Go to your Start menu, and select run.  In the run box, type:

cmd

This should bring you to a surprisingly DOS-like screen.

type:

ipconfig /release

then

ipconfig /renew

then try restarting MxO.  It's not a cure-all, but it has shown to be surprisingly effective.

Anonymous

Account in use bug
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2005, 02:27:56 pm »
I think you might want to run cmd in there somewhere ;)

Offline Styan

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • http://www.sullycentral.net
Account in use bug
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2005, 02:42:17 pm »
nope running the ipconfig command will still work from the run window, youd just have to hit run twice, once for each step

EDIT: tho ur right i re read it and with those steps there should be a cmd in there...

Offline Fuse

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • http://www.lostlocalhost.com
Account in use bug
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2005, 02:49:55 pm »
It's the same thing as right clicking your network icon in your taskbar and hitting repair. You can also disable, then re-enable it.

Note: You need to have the "show icon in notification when connected" checkbox checked under your network prefs to see it.

Anonymous

Account in use bug
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2005, 03:24:17 pm »
So I think what we're basically all saying here, is IPConfig is the way to go :p

If DOS scares you, run WinIPConfig instead.

If you have a router, let us know.

Anonymous

Account in use bug
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2005, 04:49:59 pm »
There should be a cmd in the run window, but I'm a boob and forgot, going to edit it now.

Anonymous

Account in use bug
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2005, 10:33:47 pm »
what i used to do was stay logged into my laucher after i entered my account info, like where the server selection screen is...

i found out how to do this because one time i left my launcher on too long and then finally picked the server and launched the game only to get a msg that i was 'timed out' or something of the sort...

so then whenever i got that account in use problem, i open launcher, enter password, and all that, and get to the server selection screen, and let it sit like that for over 5-10 mins..

cuz then it'll try to kick you off for wasting it's time..

it's never ever ever failed me when i found out about it...  it makes sense though, being logged into the launcher is essentially being logged into your character...just get it to time out.

i'm telling you, monolith coded a crazy piece of work that soe will never figure out, all they can do is use their lame proggies for events and implement things monolith ALREADY made lols...atleast that's all i've seen so far.

* Discord

Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

No calendar events were found.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 292