Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Author Topic: Log in error  (Read 1114 times)

Anonymous

« on: December 15, 2004, 03:29:15 am »
Hey guys

I think this was a problem in the past, I havn't a clue how to solve it so I sent a pettition off about it.

Well anyway, just incase any of you guys might have the answer.

Is there anyway to fix that    "Athunticating ... Failure (TIme out)" error?

Anonymous

« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2004, 11:24:10 am »
do you have any progs running in the background? could be too much stuff going on in your memory, causing the timeout errors

Anonymous

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2004, 03:03:05 pm »
Nope,  I've had it running on its own and it still doesn't work,  I want to get back into the game, its been a month or so now since I've played :S

Anonymous

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2004, 03:38:43 pm »
Do you have any Java Virtual Machines installed (especially SUN, that causes loads of problems with MxO)?

Anonymous

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2004, 09:17:07 am »
Well I checked out MxO on the main computer, it logs in just fine, so ther must be somthing on my laptop here thats restricting the athuntication...

Explain to me where to find these java do da's so I can see if getting rid of them makes any difference.

Thanks Dj

Anonymous

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2004, 10:59:40 am »
I don't think Java has anyhing to do with it.  MxO does not make any use of Java whatsoever.  Not on the client side at least.

I using Sun's JVM everyday and I'm playing MxO.  Never had a problem.

It most likely seems like some communication problem.  It's very probably one of these three cases:

1. You logon request can't reach the authentication server because of a firewall, proxy or other settings.  Check your log files.

2. You logon request makes it to the authentication server but somehow the server can't reply within the time alloted by your client and the client times out.  That could happen if there's something bad about your account on the server side, for instance corrupted database contents.  Imagine if your account name was present in the database but somehow your character name is missing somehow.  That might mess up the authentication server and get it "lost in the weeds" ;)  It might work well for other players but not for you.  The servers are still buggy so your account on the server might have got in an inconsistent state.  In this case, MxO support needs to get involved.

3. The request goes to the server fine, the server replies without a problem but that reply can't make it back to your client.  Again look at your firewall/proxy settings and logs.

Hope this helps.

Anonymous

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2004, 09:01:07 am »
Problem Solved.   :D

Finally now I cna get back into action.  Now that I'm returning to game again.  W

Who wants to help me a hand to level up and show me around this new PvP stuff.  I'd appreciate it.

Anonymous

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2004, 09:42:31 am »
So what was the problem ?

Anonymous

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2004, 03:57:20 pm »
Make sure you don't have anything autoupdating in the background.

I had to deactivate my Windows Update.  I'm about to uninstall my camera software because I can't seem to configure it right.  I had the same problem randomly when stuff like this was going on & these don't tend to showup easily for you to catch 'em & shut 'em down...

Anonymous

« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2004, 07:53:58 pm »
The port was blocked by a trojon trying to access through it.  I

had to manually remove the trojon, got it qaurantined then deleted it.  I found alot of other nasty adware and spyware its lying about on the comp aswell.  Got them all removed though.  Its working perfectly fine.  

If anyone else is having problems make sure port 11000 tcp (I think it was) that port isn't blocked or being used.

Thankfully that's solved.  It's been about a month and a half now since I've played :S.  I'll be mostly plaing on the QA server so if anyone wants to give me a hand to catch up please do so!

* Discord

Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

No calendar events were found.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 325