Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Author Topic: What does being a Zionist mean to you?  (Read 5121 times)

Offline likwidtek

• RIFTER
  • VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • http://omeganerd.com
What does being a Zionist mean to you?
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2004, 07:24:09 am »
Quote from: "Stry"
Someone said if we could fix the sky we could achieve the ambitions of all with great reward. The sun would be a greater source of energy than humans, and it would cost less in the events of futher wars upon zion.

This was my take on the whole thing.  Taken from another thread.:

To find peace, we have to end the threat. How can we do that? I see it as a paradox. I think everyone would be fine with making peace with the machines so long as they did not enslave us. So how do we create peace? This is the formula.

For them to have peace they need to survive. They need us to survive. The only way that they can survive is by enslaving us.

For us to have peace. We need freedom. The machines want to enslave us. The only way we can have freedom is by destroying the machines.

Or is it?

Imagine this my friends. What if. The humans and the machines UNITED. They rose up and coordinated an effort to find an alternative power source. What if TOGETHER we developed a way to fix the sky?

Imagine.

……

Quote from: "Eclipse"
Now Likwidtek your idea about us shaping MxO by having FA only fight for Peace is a well idealed and commendable plan, but I'm not sure how effective it would be. The reasons for this is let's jsut be relistic for a moment. We can't ever make FULL peace. It's a game that is striving off of the fact that the peace is shaky at best, and soon will come to an end. If we were to become close to causing peace, the game developers would cause some faction of AI machinists to like do something to disrupt it, or like have the machines backstab us or something. But I'm not disagreeing with you on what we should fight for. We SHOULD fight for peace, or atleast first and foremost Zion. Or let's take that and change it to let's fight for the humans. Different definitions right?

I know that no matter what there will always be separatists.  But I just think it would be neat to see the desert of the real turn into a populated city again.  WITH the help of the machines.  As you remember WE are the one’s who caused the war.  It was US who drove the machines out.  They ONLY wanted to make good business and ally.  Originally THEY wanted peace.  Ironic....

How neat would it be to see more to the story… The war with the machines is over.  But separatists from each group still want to wage war due to prejudice.  I think it would be neat.

For those of you who have not watched the ANIMATRIX I highly suggest that you do so.  It’s where I thought of a lot of this.  Also.. I just watched the original Matrix movie again last night…  

Man it amazes me how awesome that movie is and was.  In my opinion it is the best out of all of them.  And I think as far as story goes…  it would be the most applicable to the game.  Just things like the construct (loading program) being able to bring ANYTHING me want into game.  Be it guns, bombs, vehicles, computers, money (which is why money is not going to work in the game… information is what is bartered)
"To the darkened skies once more and ever onward."

Anonymous

« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2004, 07:53:13 am »
Im dont feel that strong about fighting for zion, in a real sence. But ingame thats the side i have chosen, and will fight for them, i am here to have fun and i think that would be the best way to go.

Anonymous

« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2004, 07:54:32 am »
Hmm I'm not to sure about that Zophiel, seeing as how the arch implied that the alternative would be a lesser one, one that wasn't as highly looked upon.

Cephus and Muse I disagree with you alot. We can't fight for peace, but then be hating the machines. It DOES have emotions, it DOES have feelings....thats what we have made it to do. You can't say that it doesn't feel when a machine rebelled from its master because it was tired of being a slave.

Anonymous

« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2004, 09:38:51 am »
If humans and machines were to co-exist then we would be an unstoppable force, this is only if this situation ever occured, but if we realised that we could research phanominally fast and have machines building tirelessly.  We could build space stations and have programs that go to planets to stay and retrive information,  looking at it this way it would seem that the machines would be the more predominant species (if thats what you could call them).  The humans could work on creating better machines like emotional programs and cyborgs.  Just imagination geeting going there, sorry if it doesnt really have any relevance.

Anonymous

« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2004, 03:14:58 pm »
The very fact the machines are respecting the peace treaty means they too have a desire to pursue this goal.  It's a good sign, in my opinion.  As said before, we'll see where this leads in due time, but we have other goals to focus on in the meantime.  Don't forget the purpose of the FA.

Anonymous

« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2004, 03:49:42 pm »
Our purpose of the FA is to protect Zion.

Anonymous

« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2004, 10:43:19 am »
I fight for zion because "No one can be perfectly free till all are free." (Herbert Spencer)

Anonymous

« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2004, 11:43:57 am »
I fight for zion not because it is the right thing to do, and I have never been able to have an evil character in any game for some reason, probably because i can't stand to be horrible, i fight for Zion because it is the last bastion of hope left. It is all the enamours what we belive in, it is Heaven in the holy texts and I would give anything to fight for heaven.

* Discord

Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

No calendar events were found.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 342