Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Author Topic: New E3 Trailer  (Read 3858 times)

Offline Mharz

• Angelic Wrath
    • View Profile
New E3 Trailer
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2011, 06:35:47 pm »
Okay props to the smuggler.  Cool as ice.

And I'm going to hand it to the trooper taking out the trash with the commando mini-gun.

But wait.. did you see the "Oh, my padiwan is in trouble let me throw my lightsaber 30 meters block a lightsaber slash that would kill her" moment?

Simply stunning.

My only complaint..

Time to clean up the galaxy.

Offline Gami

• Meat Shield
    • View Profile
New E3 Trailer
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2011, 09:03:18 pm »
While I enjoyed the cinematic I would enjoy more actual information related to the game rather than showcasing out of game footage. Yes both the Jedi and Smuggler were impressive but unless I can do that in game I really don't care and story wise nothing was told that couldn't have been done in three sentences. This is an MMO after all not a hollywood feature and 3 years in a row of this is getting tiresome.

Here's hoping though that more info comes out of e3 than just this.
"Remember its all just a mirror we made to see ourselves in."

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thefuriousangels.com
New E3 Trailer
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2011, 09:19:46 pm »
Quote from: "Gami"
While I enjoyed the cinematic I would enjoy more actual information related to the game rather than showcasing out of game footage. Yes both the Jedi and Smuggler were impressive but unless I can do that in game I really don't care and story wise nothing was told that couldn't have been done in three sentences. This is an MMO after all not a hollywood feature and 3 years in a row of this is getting tiresome.

Um... *cough*...

Also, E3 hasn't officially started yet :)

Offline Strod

• Angelic Fury
    • View Profile
New E3 Trailer
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2011, 09:37:00 pm »
The Jedi are what makes Star Wars, well ... Star Wars.

However, the Smuggler is a great class and has some serious potential to be one of the "best classes" to play in the game.

Now, getting back to a Lore angle -- I've RPed for years in the Star Wars realm. I just happened to Roll a Jedi, Sith and a Bounty Hunter. I've played the characters for 13 years real time, thus they will be the first for me to play.

The trailer was epic, and this game will be epic. Nuff said.

Furious since 2006.

Offline Gami

• Meat Shield
    • View Profile
New E3 Trailer
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2011, 09:50:25 pm »
Quote from: "Tbone"

Um... *cough*...

4 out of 5 major press conferences would disagree with the exception of Nintendo which gives their's tomorrow at 9 PST. Yes yes the floor doesn't open till later but e3 kicks off when the big names show off their new stuff and that's exactly what they did today.

But on topic none of that posted is worth traveling to LA and showcasing to the world in the largest gathering for video games. The actual trailer was disappointing showing nothing new that we were not already aware of to some degree, granted some of it was actual footage and not just written comments about it but I doubt anyone in their right mind would say that setting up a booth just to show off mounts is a good idea or that two seconds of a "raid" is smart. You can watch last years footage and outside of a few short glimpses of "new" features be left with the same exact trailer.

This is e3, either go big or don't bother. So far I wish they didn't bother but here's hoping that they decided to let people play what they really wanted to show and not just leave it all in the trailer like they did the past two years. No amount of CGI gun slinging is going to make up for a lack luster presentation when it comes to actual substance.
"Remember its all just a mirror we made to see ourselves in."

Offline Dration

• Soldier
    • View Profile
New E3 Trailer
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2011, 09:51:15 pm »
It makes me proud to wear the hat, the goatee, and be a crack-shot, smart-mouthed, scum-o-the-planet smuggler.

I walk in slow-mo.
"Judge me if you want, we're all going to die... I intend to deserve it."

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thefuriousangels.com
New E3 Trailer
« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2011, 10:09:09 pm »
Quote from: "Tbone"

Um... *cough*...

4 out of 5 major press conferences would disagree with the exception of Nintendo which gives their's tomorrow at 9 PST. Yes yes the floor doesn't open till later but e3 kicks off when the big names show off their new stuff and that's exactly what they did today.

But on topic none of that posted is worth traveling to LA and showcasing to the world in the largest gathering for video games. The actual trailer was disappointing showing nothing new that we were not already aware of to some degree, granted some of it was actual footage and not just written comments about it but I doubt anyone in their right mind would say that setting up a booth just to show off mounts is a good idea or that two seconds of a "raid" is smart. You can watch last years footage and outside of a few short glimpses of "new" features be left with the same exact trailer.

This is e3, either go big or don't bother. So far I wish they didn't bother but here's hoping that they decided to let people play what they really wanted to show and not just leave it all in the trailer like they did the past two years. No amount of CGI gun slinging is going to make up for a lack luster presentation when it comes to actual substance.

I'm a little confused. They plan on having playable demos of Tatooine, a mid-level planet. As well as playable end-game content, a raid, which is probably what we've heard the least about. AND they plan on having a playable group quest from Alderaan.

That's three different types of game play that have never been showcased before. And they are going to have in-game video up on all of that once it gets going. In terms of information, I don't know what else they could "reveal" that would be new other than raid information (which they are doing) or a release date/beta date.

Having three different kinds of playable demos of your game is a pretty big showing at E3. The video on Gamespot does a pretty good job of showing off the basic features of the game. What more are you asking for exactly?

EA had a lot of games to cover in their conference. Each game got about 8-10 minutes I'd say.

You're not going to get a release date - they said it wasn't going to happen weeks ago.

Offline Baobinga

• Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.soundcloud.com/djz
New E3 Trailer
« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2011, 10:25:21 pm »
Enjoyed that cinematic. Still waiting for the release though. I really hope all of the delays allows them to really make the game that much better. Been waiting for this game for many years.

I wish the character models were more realistic though. That woulda been sweet.

Offline JazzyC

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
New E3 Trailer
« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2011, 04:49:23 am »
I think PCGamer has summed up the current TOR coverage at E3.  This is of course just based on the EA Press Conference, and not the floor time that'll come later.

The Old Republic had a low key showing. A new trailer, yes, but no live demo, no release date, and no details of a beta. Just a heartfelt plea from Dr Greg for attendees to come and play it. I think that’s fine. MMO’s do not play well on the big platform conferences, and I think they’re wise to let the game speak for itself. It’s just frustrating to have to face questions from non-PC gamers about what TOR actually plays like – when all they’ve seen is the CGI

* Discord

Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
[12] 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

No calendar events were found.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 243