Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Author Topic: SWTOR Patch 2.0 Gear Guide  (Read 3594 times)

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thefuriousangels.com
SWTOR Patch 2.0 Gear Guide
« on: February 25, 2013, 11:32:50 pm »
Since 2.0 takes us to level 55, all current gear will be null and void. Regardless if you have Tionese gear or Dread Guard gear, it will all be sub-par level 50 gear. With this in mind, any gear grinding before 2.0 launches will be pretty pointless.

So how do you get your hands on the new gear? First, it requires level 55, so the first step is to grind that. Next, you need commendations.

PvP

PvP gear grinding remains pretty much the same as it is now. Regular warzone commendations will get you Partisan gear. No other requirement is needed other than being level 55. The new top tier PvP gear is Conqueror and requires ranked warzone commendations PLUS the equivalent Partisan piece. Basically, Partisan = War Hero and Conqueror = Elite War Hero. Commendation caps are the same with no weekly caps.

PvE

Basic Commendations
The new PvE gear set starts with Basic Commendations and Pristine gear. This is your base Artifact (purple) gear, but is still better than Dread Guard. Because of weekly and inventory caps, it will still take several weeks to get all of this gear

HOW TO GET:
-Level 50 hardmode flashpoints
Group Finder daily rewards 10 Basic Commendations
-[WEEKLY] Priority Targets - kill 3 world bosses
Rewards 6 Basic Commendations along with 3 Elite, 6 Planetary, and 12 Classic Commendations
-Makeb questing

COMMENDATION CAPS: 400 storage/200 weekly

Elite Commendations
The Elite Commendations are for Arkanian gear. These Commendations are acquired from Level 55 Operations (storymode?), hardmode flashpoints, and weekly missions. You can also get this gear from tokens that drop from the operations. First tier raid gear, essentially.

HOW TO GET:
-Level 55 Flashpoints (hardmode): Athiss, Cademimu, Hammer Station and Madalorian Raiders
2 Elite Commendation per boss, 1 for completing the flashpoint
10 Elite Commendations for the Group Finder daily
20 Elite Commendations from completing the [WEEKLY] Galactic Conflicts (complete 3 L55 HM FPs)
-Level 55 Operations: Terror from Beyond, Scum and Villainy
-Scum and Villainy bosses drop 4 Elite Commendations per kill on storymode
-Accomplished Arms Trader drops 2 Elite Commendations per kill on storymode
-[WEEKLY] Scum and Villainy rewards 20 Elite Commendations (and 20 Ultimate Commendations)
-[WEEKLY] Priority Targets - kill 3 world bosses
Drops 3 Elite Commendations along with 6 Planetary, 6 Basic and 12 Classic Commendations

COMMENDATION CAPS: 300 storage/150 weekly

Ultimate Commendations
Top raid gear. Ultimate Commendations are earned via hardmode/nightmare Level 55 operations and allow you to purchase Verpine gear, which have no set bonus. Underworld gear is obtained via tokens exclusively. Basically, Verpine = Hazmat, Underworld = Dread Guard

HOW TO GET:
-[WEEKLY] Galactic Conflicts (complete 3 L55 HM FPs) reward 12 Ultimate Commendations
-[WEEKLY] Scum and Villainy rewards 20 Ultimate Commendations (and 20 Elite Commendations)

COMMENDATIONS CAP: 300 storage/150 weekly

IN CONCLUSION

PvP is more of the same. PvE has some new built in bottlenecks in the form of weekly caps (like reputation for the current Gree event). I see Basic Commendations as the biggest bottleneck, since all of those pieces are obtained view commendations, yet there's a weekly limit of 200. Since most pieces are between 120-180, the MAX number of basic gear pieces you get in a week is only one piece. Once you get to Elite and Ultimate, you're getting most of your gear via tokens anyway, so the comms aren't as big of a deal.

So from Day 1, make sure you're working to cap out your Basic Commendations each week! That's the best way to be level 55 ready! Save your Warzone and Ranked Warzone commendations now for PvP so you can buy a few pieces once you hit 55.

Offline NoCry

• Staff
    • View Profile
Re: SWTOR Patch 2.0 Gear Guide
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2013, 02:17:01 am »
Thanks v much for this. Am on holiday at present with just my iPhone for company. So, tricky to track down this info.

Offline Mharz

• Angelic Wrath
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2013, 06:42:11 am »
What's happening to your comms?

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=5913873#edit5913873

Dev quote #1:

Hi all, just thought I would provide some clarifications for what we are doing with the old commendations.

When 2.0 is released Tionese, Columi, Daily, and Black Hole commendations will be versioned into Classic Commendations with the following ratios:

Tionese Commendations - 6:1
Columi Commendations - 4:1
Daily Commendations - 4:1
Black Hole Commendations - 1:1

Please note we are still undergoing testing, so these ratios could change.

Dev Quote #2:
There will be a special overflow cap for Classic Commendations once 2.0 is released to accommodate those with large amounts of commendations. At this time, we have this cap at 800 commendations. Any commendations that exceed this amount will unfortunately be lost.

We encourage everyone to spend their commendations to ensure they do not exceed this overflow cap.

Offline Anamodiel

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2013, 08:36:40 am »
Now would be the time to flood the market with any 27/26 craftable raid equipment to sell. It willl be near uselesss soon.

...And we will strike down upon those of Darkness, with great vengeance and Furious Anger, those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.

Offline Mharz

• Angelic Wrath
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2013, 12:42:22 pm »
Quote from: "Anamodiel"
Now would be the time to flood the market with any 27/26 craftable raid equipment to sell. It willl be near uselesss soon.

I tend to agree but we still don't know the time frame for 2.0.  It could be in a month but it could be in 3 months.  I think a slow controlled push of craftables to market would be in the guild's best interest now.  Prices for this gear will only go down.

Offline Mharz

• Angelic Wrath
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2013, 01:02:53 pm »
And on a totally different note...

For people who were previously too amazing to be able to copy their character to the PTS (Tbone, I'm looking at you!!) try to remove all items from all your companions, log out, and try to copy over to PTS.

Found that on the SWTOR forums and it worked for me.

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thefuriousangels.com
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2013, 02:09:58 am »
Quote from: "Mharz"

For people who were previously too amazing to be able to copy their character to the PTS (Tbone, I'm looking at you!!) try to remove all items from all your companions, log out, and try to copy over to PTS.

Holy shit balls that worked

Offline Anamodiel

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2013, 11:23:33 am »
Here's a nice writeup from someone about Sages.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=602013

I think the biggest thing now is that DPS Sages need accuracy. I can concur with his parsing results because when I was DPSing the level 55 Dummy, I noticed a good number of my abilities were missing. I didn't really think about why and just assumed that it was because the Dummy was different than operations bosses. However, with the inclusion of the 3% accuracy buff in the bottom tier, I assume we actually need accuracy now for everything to hit properly.

110% accuracy is a must for Sages. I'll get more numbers for everyone as soon as I have time, which will likely be tomorrow.

...And we will strike down upon those of Darkness, with great vengeance and Furious Anger, those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.

Offline NoCry

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2013, 12:00:44 pm »
ana - if you are level 50 still on pts then your accuracy will surely suffer in any event against a 55 enemy?

Offline Sared

• VETERAN ANGEL
  • Pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2013, 12:13:56 pm »
Nah, on the PTS they placed a console in the PVE wing of the station that gives you a set of gear and auto-levels you to 55.

Offline NoCry

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2013, 02:51:06 am »
Gotcha. Actually I thought I had deleted my question as it felt too obvious. Thanks.

Offline Sared

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2013, 03:15:52 am »
Quote from: "Mharz"

Okay, I'm going to be 'that guy' and now you are thinking about Kok doing this with each toon he copied over, with what meticulous care he gives to gearing his companions.

Take a moment to smile, and now continue about your day. :)

Offline Tecknik

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2013, 07:28:08 am »
Quote from: "Sared"
Nah, on the PTS they placed a console in the PVE wing of the station that gives you a set of gear and auto-levels you to 55.

Well that's pretty baller.

Offline Sared

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2013, 09:59:24 am »
Hell yeah! Also levels up your crew skills, and the process can be repeated for multiple sets of gear!

* Discord

Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

No calendar events were found.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 256