Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Author Topic: FA's One Year Anniversary RL Party!!!  (Read 4610 times)

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thefuriousangels.com
FA's One Year Anniversary RL Party!!!
« on: March 08, 2005, 01:12:55 pm »
It's hard to believe, but the Furious Angels was conceived nearly a year ago. I started work on FA in March, so this month marks our one year anniversary!

To celebrate, we are arranging a party in the Real World! That's right! Meet the people behind the RSI's! Next week is spring break for me, so I'm headed to Illinois. Several of us have decided to meet up in the Chicago area sometime next week. So far these people have said they will attempt to take part in the party:

Tbone
Grimkitten
Fuse
Omegus
Boombye
Broin

Do you live in the Chicago area or even close? If so, you might want to consider joining in on the fun! We're still formulating the best time and what we'll do. I think suggestions have been to eat at this place Grim wants to go to and then hit up some museum of video games or something like that.

Anonymous

« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2005, 01:31:36 pm »
i think a trip out to california would be a lot better and warmer for that matter. but lets book it for like may or june, yah that sounds good

Anonymous

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2005, 03:05:02 pm »
Damn, I'm sonewhat close...but if I am having somewhat of a hard time coming up with money for monthly payments of the game, there is no way in HELL I can pay for my gas to even get there. Oh well, I'll just be the pimp of my town. Have fun.  :D

Offline Eroz

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2005, 03:33:38 pm »
March 15 is the exact date FA started. April 1st was when I joined, and I was the first memeber to join by completing the challenge.
"Have you ever tried to dismantle a snowball?" - Linus, Peanut's Gang.

Anonymous

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2005, 04:21:08 pm »
Bah what happens to us Euro's lol.  We should have a party aswell but meh I won't be able to afford to go anywhere unless everyone wants to come to ireland for a house party at mine lol.

Offline Fuse

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • http://www.lostlocalhost.com
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2005, 05:57:19 pm »
Guys, I'm trying to work something up for dates and studd to do. If your over 21, we can hit up a club one of the nights, but one of the great all ages, latenight, cool things to do is hit up a comedy or jazz club. I'm thinking Improve Olympic. It's only like 6$ for a midnight show and it's usually good stuff. Also there's second city, but it costs a bit more. They're under 21 to get in, +21 to drink. One night that we all don't get together I may hit up Smartbar or some other nice club.

So... comedy club/museaum.... whos interested and CAN go? I'll get dates/times/costs by this weekend.

Offline Fuse

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2005, 06:06:57 pm »
man I can't spell

Anonymous

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2005, 06:46:28 pm »
Ok, I want to come. If I can get enough money together......Because driving is out of the question for me I looked up some prices on flights...For a two way ticket non stop is $183 so....donations are welcome :) I'm going to try and get money together and head out, I'm sure it'll be worth it.

To meet some of you guys would be fun.....or scary haven't decided which yet :P

Anonymous

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2005, 07:19:19 pm »
aaura, the pep band here at college is looking into an ireland trip sometime either next year or the following year. you will have to give me your address so i can stalk you *evil grin* jk

fuse, unfortunately many of us are not 21. i just turned 20, tbone doesn't turn 21 til april. an all-ages jazz bar, however, sounds excellent. the place tbone mentioned that i want to eat at is just a fast food kind of place that sells the best gyros in america. perhaps, depending on the times, we can do lunch there, dinner at a jazz place. or we can all just meet for dinner at a club.

we should definately pick a day soon, because this is next week we are talking about, and if we are going to have a mass horde of Angels meeting up, people will need to book planes, taxis, get off work, etc. I mean, the more the merrier, but if we are going to have a large enough crowd to need a reservation, we need to go ahead and just pick a day and go. if we go during the week, not only will the clubs be less crowded, but weekends here are already planned haha.

my suggessions:
monday night the 15th
tuesday night the 16th
wednesday night the 17th

we are counting out thursday night the 18th because the minute that clock strikes midnight making it the 19th, we best all be at our computers getting ready for release!! hahaha

so .... if anyone planning on going can mark which of those 3 days they definately can or can't make, that would be AWESOME! whooooooo

Anonymous

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2005, 07:31:51 pm »
*takes out map of USA*
hmmm, I would die from the cold anyway

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2005, 07:35:00 pm »
Good point, if the three days early thing holds true, that's gonna be that Friday, pretty much counting out that last weekend.

I'd love to go to one of those theatre thingies. Second City is well-known for breeding SNL people. I'm an actor, so those kinda things would be nice to see.

Offline Fuse

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2005, 08:34:54 pm »
Grim, not sure if you understood, those places are 18+ and 21+ to drink.

If it's a weekday I'm not sure if I can do it. I don't get home from work until 6 and really need to learn to sleep at night (damn you camfrog!). I'll check events around here those days. BTW, even if it is a weekday, we have to hit up that gyro place grim.

If we went to an improv place can you do an act tbone? Your "I Fucked a computer" act may actually work there. =)

Also, what is everyones real names? I'm not going to call you "bone" and "grim". Also my girl is very confussed when I explain we're going to the museum with a Tbone and a sad kitty.

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2005, 10:06:21 pm »
"I Fucked a computer" act? lol..wtf  you are twisting my story all around!

My real name is....  Cory

du duuu duuuuuu

Anonymous

« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2005, 10:37:31 pm »
no, i understood fuse, i just thought you mentioned one of the places being 21+, i took that as them carding at the door, not the bar. of course, 18+ also rules out half of our members haha (sorry)

actually, you can just call me kitty, since that is what everyone here at college (and most people even through high school) call me. it's really katie, but katie=kitty=whatever.

as for it being a weekday, there is not much of a choice on this end as far as planning ahead goes. this coming weekend ISU is hosting the women's basketball tournament, which means me being in the pep band, whatever team doesn't bring a band, we have to play for them. since it's a tournament and we don't know ahead of time who is going to win, we have to just play it by ear each night. as it is, the dorms close here at 2pm on saturday, and if we have a saturday night game or a sunday game, we're already having to stay with friends haha. the following weekend is release.

i also had those dates on my previous post wrong. the correct dates are:

monday 14th
tuesday 15th
wednesday 16th
thursday 17th

mah bad. so there ya go.

as for the gyro place, it is outside chicago in tinley park. right of I-80, called mickey's. if we don't end up meeting there as a group, i would definately reccomend it to anyone who can get there. they just opened up another one i think in joliet, don't go there, go to the one in tinley. original=best.

i just looked up the address, it's on oak park avenue. for some reason i thought it was on harlem, but i was a few blocks off haha. i haven't been up there in over a year, so that's my crap for memory. it's what i get for living in the country haha. so there ya go. i'll go ahead and post the address, you guys can mapquest it.

Mickey's Gyros
17432 Oak Park Ave
Tinley Park, IL 60477

aaaaand this post is long as hell. MEH!

Anonymous

« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2005, 12:35:14 am »
chicago fast food is the best...vienna hotdogs and polish sausage, best gyros(kronos brand meat), best everything...

wait til u try this philly by my crib..omg g2g im hungry

edit: oh shit how could i forget  about our pizza! we have the best pizza!

* Discord

Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

No calendar events were found.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 303