Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Author Topic: Mission XP Reduction  (Read 3783 times)

Anonymous

Mission XP Reduction
« on: April 18, 2005, 09:44:52 am »
quote from Kiwwa on the main forums,
The mission system is now dependant on amount of time spent in the mission area, for example; If I spend 10 minutes standing still in a mission area, I get about 110,000 xp and 78,000info, where-as if I rush through it using some spy abilities, I get about 20,000-30,000xp and about 10,000 info.

http://mxoboards.warnerbros.com/forums1/thread.jspa?threadID=3474&tstart=0

seems they did reduce xp a lot, with this latest patch. it may now be more exp/info to farm mobs of your level around districts... which mean more bumping into reds... which makes enum even more hostile.

Offline Ketamininja

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
Mission XP Reduction
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2005, 09:49:49 am »
So it would make more sense to stand in the mission area for an extra 3 minutes, rather than run another mission taking 5 minutes with long distances perhaps.

Well, need to get the calculator out to make sure.

I'm a total frickin rock star from mars.
C'mon bro, I got tiger blood.

Anonymous

Mission XP Reduction
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2005, 09:54:25 am »
horray for the devs! :(

Anonymous

Mission XP Reduction
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2005, 09:59:19 am »
funny. the way they seem to fix all the problems with the mission system is to make you not want to do a mission.

just tested that out for myself, and it is indeed true. ran a retrieval mission that would net me at least 200k exp, 140k info. got 93k exp, and 40k info. did another mission with the same settings and spent an extra 3 mins in each mission area before completing the objectives. i got 178k exp, and 77k info.

Anonymous

Mission XP Reduction
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2005, 10:19:56 am »
I hate doing missions as it is....but there isn't much else to do in the game.   I was up until 5am this morning just trying to reach my goal of lvl 36.  What a freakin' pain!  

There needs to be a more fulfilling method of  gaining exp than just grinding mission after mission after mission after mission after......well, you get the idea.   I know that this is a problem with most MMO's, but I know there has to be a way around this.  

If I had hair, it'd be enough to make me pull it out.  Maybe I'll grow my hair just so I can pull it out....jeez.

Anonymous

Mission XP Reduction
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2005, 10:24:38 am »
Yep. You get full xp and info if you spend enough time in the mission area.

So... the worse you are at the game and the longer it takes you to complete missions, the more payoff you get.

I know that I personally reward inefficiency in the people I hire every chance I get... I mean hell, if it takes a plumber a month to fix my sink, I usually toss him an extra G or two.

Seriously though, it's not a good fix, but it does at least attempt to address the leeching and doing missions too fast issues - I mean that they recognize a problem for once is a bonus, right? Oh well. Sucks for everyone (yes including level 50's. We're poor. I have 482 info on me.  And now we need to stand around to get unpoor. Seems like they want everyone to stand around acting like a prostitute. Maybe they'll implement street corner xp next. Wootie woot!)

Anonymous

Mission XP Reduction
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2005, 10:26:23 am »
gah... The devs made a huge mistake....  With a ton of level 50's around now, this is going to make the game no fun...

Anonymous

Mission XP Reduction
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2005, 10:30:44 am »
Which reminds me.

They did fix the mission npc names that they broke last patch.

You can trade things in your hotbar. Like swap location 3 and 4.

It seems that the lag issues with the hardline whoyah (you either know what I mean or you don't) has been fixed - having said that, I know I just doomed myself to experience it for the rest of the day.

Mission NPCs seem slightly more alert, but slightly easier to defeat.

Anonymous

Mission XP Reduction
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2005, 10:34:17 am »
you know, i actually liked the broken npc tags. it made things a bit more interesting. you went into a mission, and didn't know what you were up against. so when i attacked the first one i saw, there was a hacker attacking me in the background that i should of taken out first. needless to say, i died because i couldn't figure out which one was the hacker.

the swap location on the hotbar worked for me before this patch, but the npc's do seem a bit more alert. before i could walk by them without aggro'ing for some reason. not the case with the few mission ive ran this morning.

Anonymous

Mission XP Reduction
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2005, 10:44:06 am »
NOOOOOO I was so close now getting to 50 will take a week. Im 48 and a half damn i should have done an all nighter to atleast hit 49. *crys*

Anonymous

Mission XP Reduction
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2005, 10:47:34 am »
Leave it to the devs to "fix" a problem in the worst possible way.  I swear they like making our lives a living hell.   Isn't a game supposed to be fun?  I've already got a full-time job.  I'm not looking for something for nothing, but damn.....

Seeing as there isn't much to do besides PvP and there are so many high levels out there, it kinda sux that they are making it even more difficult for lower levels to compete by making it more difficult for them to catch up to be able to hold their own in PvP.

I would never condone it, but this is the reason some players actually look for and use exploits.  No one likes "the grind".

Anonymous

Mission XP Reduction
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2005, 10:49:28 am »
Well, I spent quite a bit of time in the Sakura construct yesterday and the boss was giving 60k xp (I'm level 40). There were about 4 of us killing him about every 5 minutes...so this might be an alternate way to get xp, but the info is not nearly as good.  Just make sure you have atleast one hacker and you'll cycle through the kills pretty fast.

Seems like the thing to do now may be Assassination missions with some tanks, and do alot of mission item hunting.  Unfortunately for us spies Deadly Aim is an info drainer, so its hard to level secondary loadouts like tanks.  Looks like I might have to permanently switch to karate for a while to run missions :(

Anonymous

Mission XP Reduction
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2005, 02:01:22 pm »
sigh............the nerfed to much and definlty to late..........i wish all of us around 30 goodluck getting to 50. Ive played enough to be lvl 50 but i could never find teams before. Now i will never have mission teams.

Anonymous

Mission XP Reduction
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2005, 03:00:34 pm »
Well yay about the hotbar, but it would be nice if I did not have to reset it(and my passive abilities for that matter) every time I jacked in or adjusted loadouts.

Meh about the mission xp fix, at least they gave it a go. You can not be to critical of the short bus kids when they do their best. Looks like kill missions will be the way to go from here on out.

Anyone know if it is per person or per team though? What I mean is, if one member of a team sits in mission area for 5 minutes, does everyone get the xp bonus?

Offline Lithium

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://followtheangel.org
Mission XP Reduction
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2005, 03:13:09 pm »
Sucks for everyone that isn't 50. Suck for everyone that is 50 and wants to persue many classes.

As far as the mission time crap well its just that crap. But like it was said, it was a fix none the less. But when you figure it in, it is probably the same xp if you do 3 missions in 3 mins or stay in one mission for 3 mins. I guess we should run some trials maybe.

Don't believe everything you think.

* Discord

Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

No calendar events were found.

* Who's Online