Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Author Topic: Donations for Bandwith  (Read 4765 times)

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thefuriousangels.com
Donations for Bandwith
« on: May 31, 2004, 05:51:38 pm »
## Broadcast depth
## Incoming Transmission...
## Tbone // HvCFT Libertas
## RELAY Initialized

Likwidtek has brought to my attention that we have well exceeded our bandwith quota this month. I believe our limit is 10 GB, and we are already at 15. For an extra 30 or so dollars, we can upgrade to 70 GB a month for a year and should have no problem. So far everything has come out of likwidtek's pocket, but if a few of us contribute a dollar, we should easily raise enough money. I'm not gonna force anyone to pay us anything, but if you would like to help it would be greatly appreciated.

If there are not enough interested in donating, we'll have to cut back on many of our site's features. We haven't set up PayPal yet. I first wanna see what your opinions are, so voice what you think! This is, after all, YOUR faction!

## End Transmission...

Anonymous

Donations for Bandwith
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2004, 05:54:53 pm »
I am highly against it, I remember Tbone telling me that we would never resort to donations and that if we had to get donations then we would have to find another way. I will stand at that.

Anonymous

Donations for Bandwith
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2004, 05:56:02 pm »
I'll donate. But i dont have paypal.

Offline likwidtek

• RIFTER
  • VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • http://omeganerd.com
Donations for Bandwith
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2004, 05:56:59 pm »
Just to clarify its not 30 extra per month.  it's for the whole year.  I think it was 35 more or something but it'll buy us the rest of the year.  And we could get 70 gigs of traffic available per month.  So basically we would not have to worry.  let us know what you think.
"To the darkened skies once more and ever onward."

Anonymous

Donations for Bandwith
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2004, 06:02:34 pm »
I wud only have something against it if it was insane amounts of money. But its only 30 dollars for the whole year.

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thefuriousangels.com
Donations for Bandwith
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2004, 06:04:16 pm »
Quote from: "DoubleOhZero"
I am highly against it, I remember Tbone telling me that we would never resort to donations and that if we had to get donations then we would have to find another way. I will stand at that.

Yeah, I don't like paying for what we can get for free. Likwidtek has just put together a really great site that members seem to be taking full advantage of. If you'd like to continue to expand and have these resources, than $1 a year seems reasonable enough. If not, that's cool. We'll just be very limited in what we can do. I personally don't like paying for anything that I don't have to, but even someone as cheap as me is willing to put a buck in the hat.

Anonymous

Donations for Bandwith
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2004, 08:44:02 pm »
yo lid, i'd be able to drop ya 10 bucks, where do i send it.

Zink

Anonymous

Donations for Bandwith
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2004, 09:46:33 pm »
Currently I do not have a job, but once I get a job (on Sunday I turn 16) and have a good basis of money, I'll hand ya over some. And DOZ just chill bro - I mean yeah we don't WANT it to resort to paying it, and of course Tbone doesn't want us to pay for it, but it's only $30 a YEAR! Do you seriosuly hnestly truly fully understand how cheap that is? I go thru half of that a week for lunch money for school. DOZ if you don't want to pay then don't With as many members this faction have there shud be more then enuff ppl (like me when i get a job) that will be willing to drop 1- 5 bucks jsut to help something that you care about....ya know just calm down a bit.

Anonymous

Donations for Bandwith
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2004, 09:56:38 pm »
Heh, if my checking account wasnt completely bare, id help you guys out. If and when I get my job at Pizza Hut as a waiter or cook and I have some extra money, i'll help ya guys out.

Anonymous

Donations for Bandwith
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2004, 11:03:28 pm »
hey i got money ill drop what ya need but itll cost ya!

(4,000 lbs. of gold should do that or a great big smile!)

Anonymous

Donations for Bandwith
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2004, 11:11:12 pm »
Eclipse will you stop bringing me into every post you post. I have a valid argument, I never said I wouldn't donate if thats what it comes to. You are putting words in my mouth. I was simply refeering to a statment made a long time ago.

Anonymous

Donations for Bandwith
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2004, 04:46:50 am »
I could send over some cash if I had away to get it over to you guys.  I mean $30 is = to umm about £16 I think which isn't that much to me.

so if you gave me a way to throw it over to ya I'd gladly help.

Anonymous

Donations for Bandwith
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2004, 08:13:31 am »
I'll help out in anyway I can just give me an address or what not and I'll send you the money you need for it. I make damn good money so 30 bucks isn't going to really hurt me in any way, shape, or form. PM if you want to or post and I'll help out with this in anyway I can.

Anonymous

Donations for Bandwith
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2004, 03:42:49 pm »
paypal is a secure way of transferring money over the internet, I mean, its what ebay uses so its got to be good. You just go on the site and start an account, then you can transfer money to another person's account through a credit card with the click of a mouse. I'm told its very secure and I've just signed up so I can start using ebay.

Offline likwidtek

• RIFTER
  • VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • http://omeganerd.com
Donations for Bandwith
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2004, 03:51:03 pm »
Paypal Donations Block is now active.  Make sure to add your FA name in the paypal payment so I know who donated what.  Or of course you can remain annonymous.

All donations WILL go towards upgrading to the new Bandwidth plan.  Thanks for your support guys.  I'll take it down once we have enough to pay for the new bandwidth.
"To the darkened skies once more and ever onward."

* Discord

Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

No calendar events were found.

* Who's Online